• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Official Zeldasages Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liriano

Loftwing
yea zeldasages needs more excitement. to go with my super bowl thread here's one about super tuesday.

wooo politics...

any thoughts or predictions about tonight?

Re: Super Tuesday

One sentence in particular:

Barack Obama has won in nearly all states over opponent Hilary Clinton.

Man, I hope Obama wins the primaries.

Obama has a great personality and he does a great job as presenting himself as a "cool" guy. That's really all he has going for him. He's extremely left. He is currently the most liberal senator and he has absolutely no experience. So I don't see how a junior senator with the middle name "hussein" can be considered a candidate for the Presidency of the United States of America. Yeah, his middle name is Hussein... his father was muslim but he's not. He actually belongs to some black cult in chicago or something. Back to his extreme leftness: I think what this country needs is a president who is a little more middle or "REASONABLE". I disagree with probably almost every single view he has. At least Clinton isn't as extreme as him.

I like McCain and I really like Romney... the problem with Romney is that he flip flopped (the democrats could use that against him in a general election) and I think he's less electable than McCain for the overall election. McCain is a war hero and he's got an incredible story but I don't understand how anyone can not want to throw out every single one of these illegal aliens from our great country. I just fail to comprehend how someone can possibly not want to get these ******* scum bags animals out of our country. Other then that, I don't really think McCain has much of a plan on economy which is a bit of an issue. I actually haven't heard anything about it... I'm sure he's got some good ideas, I just haven't heard them. But the thing I like about him most is that he knows how to deal with these ******* muslim terrorists that HATE america and want to destroy us. These insane "people" (animals) line up their children and send them onto the battle field as targets. These insane things strap bombs onto mentally retarded woman and send them into buildings. They need to be ******* stopped and McCain is the best one with the most experience to do that.

For those who love the democrats because they think Bush is a conservative republican... you people need to get your head on straight. The spending of government money has increased by around 10% or something compared to government spending under Bill so don't even get me started on that one.

So I'll hopefully be convincing my Dad to vote today and I'm gonna go press the buttons ^_^.

Obama has a great personality and he does a great job as presenting himself as a "cool" guy. That's really all he has going for him. He's extremely left. He is currently the most liberal senator and he has absolutely no experience. So I don't see how a junior senator with the middle name "hussein" can be considered a candidate for the Presidency of the United States of America. Yeah, his middle name is Hussein... his father was muslim but he's not. He actually belongs to some black cult in chicago or something. Back to his extreme leftness: I think what this country needs is a president who is a little more middle or "REASONABLE". I disagree with probably almost every single view he has. At least Clinton isn't as extreme as him.

I like McCain and I really like Romney... the problem with Romney is that he flip flopped (the democrats could use that against him in a general election) and I think he's less electable than McCain for the overall election. McCain is a war hero and he's got an incredible story but I don't understand how anyone can not want to throw out every single one of these illegal aliens from our great country. I just fail to comprehend how someone can possibly not want to get these ******* scum bags animals out of our country. Other then that, I don't really think McCain has much of a plan on economy which is a bit of an issue. I actually haven't heard anything about it... I'm sure he's got some good ideas, I just haven't heard them. But the thing I like about him most is that he knows how to deal with these ******* muslim terrorists that HATE america and want to destroy us. These insane "people" (animals) line up their children and send them onto the battle field as targets. These insane things strap bombs onto mentally retarded woman and send them into buildings. They need to be ******* stopped and McCain is the best one with the most experience to do that.

For those who love the democrats because they think Bush is a conservative republican... you people need to get your head on straight. The spending of government money has increased by around 10% or something compared to government spending under Bill so don't even get me started on that one.

So I'll hopefully be convincing my Dad to vote today and I'm gonna go press the buttons ^_^.

You, sir, are a fool.

That is all. I refuse to comment further on the prejudices and general ignorances of this post.

For those of you not in the US, quick lesson in US politics. Super Tuesday is a Tuesday on which an incredible portion of states vote in the presidential primaries on the same day. The primaries are meant to see who each political party will represent. However, there are individuals who run without party affiliation and therefore do not need to run in a primary. However, as winners of the presidential race are really either Democrats or Republicans, independents have little chance winning a presidential election *congressional is another story though :)*.

Anyway, I generally avoid speaking my views on the subject, although I would like to get out that I honestly don't care who wins the Republican primaries. Really, I don't believe any candidate on any side of the political spectrum is qualified enough to be the President. However, that doesn't mean I would not mind any one of them being in office...except Clinton! The White House has been controlled by the same two families for twenty years! It's time for a change! Hilary would just be the same thing we've been getting for years, and Bill is certainly doing his share of stupid actions under her campaign. I liked Bill Clinton, although the way he has been treating the media and the manner by which the entire Hillary campaign has been conducted has really angered me. Every time I turn on the news and listin to another Clinton speech I feel like I want to drive a stake through my television to banish the evil displayed on it!

Otherwise though, Obama, McCain, Romney...they're all cool with me :). Well...Huckabee is a bit questionable *when you hear something along the lines of wanting to replace the Constitution with something more inline with "God's Law"...you run*.

You don't like Obama because his father was Muslim and he's black? Open your eyes, man, cultural differences isn't gonna stop this guy from being a good president (although I doubt he will be).

I disagree with Obama, too, but every other person in the election is even worse.

To add on to Zeroth's comment, you, sir, are a fool. (Fool is pronounced "foo" because Obama's black, you racist asshole............no hard feelings.................jackass).

Guys come one, lets chill out a little bit. Just think before you post and don't say something that you might regret.

We're fighting wars against "radical" muslims in the middle-east... thats what I meant. Do we need him leading wars against these RADICAL muslims. I don't care whether he's black or not (like colbert, I dont see race). It's just that if he wanted to acknowledge that blacks and whites are the same then why does he belong to an all black church... watch the video.

Lots of black people who aren't racist at all go to all black churches.

Muslims have been figthing each other since the 300s, what makes you think this guy can't do it?

I absolutely have no opinion at all about all of this political stuff. in fact, I hate politics.

Don't. Call. People. Animals.

Ever.

Especially not people who came into this country to get a better life for their families, illegally or not.

I can't even believe that racists like you are still even IN our country, let alone voicing their opinions without shame.

I'm not in the mood to debate illegal immigration because you almost made me choke on my bread, but on the subject of "animals"... you don't think terrorists are animals? I don't think you're making the lives of families better by blowing yourselves up...

Update:
Obama- 7 states
Clinton- 6 states
Huckabee- 3 states
McCain- 6 states
Romney- 2 states
Ronnie- 0 states

Your statements aren't even rational enough to be debated.

And I don't see how calling millions of people "******* scumbag animals" doesn't constitute a racist attack, honestly.

I'm not in the mood to debate illegal immigration because you almost made me choke on my bread, but on the subject of "animals"... you don't think terrorists are animals? I don't think you're making the lives of families better by blowing yourselves up...

It's all a matter of what you're brought up to believe. You just can't understand it because their culture is so different than ours in the United States of America. To them, blowing themselves up is doing their "duty" to their religion, particularly radical Islam. They know very well what their doing and the consequences of it, and many are intelligent individuals, hardly "animals." Don't get me wrong, radical Islam is a sick twisted religion, but many of its believers are brainwashed by their beliefs, and that does not make them "animals" rather misguided individuals.

Liriano is totally right. If you were brought up as a fundamentalist Muslim you'd see yourself as a freedom fighter and the evil, imperialistic, capitalist Americans as "animals". They fight for a reason, and while that reason is wrong to you, it's right to them, and you can't call them animals for that.

As for the politics stuff, what do you guys think about the healthcare issue?

The government is right to not want pay for the operations of people without health insurance, but they can't let them die. Everyone paying for health insurance through taxes for everyone else sounds like a good idea to me. That's what Canada does, right?

I'm behind Demoncrat7 all the way since I know her in person. But seriously animaldude, you have pretty much the same views on terrorism that george bush has. Which is never a good thing. I mean the man has taken more vacations than any president before him! Shouldn't he be, oh I don't know, LEADING A COUNTRY?! I mean he sent us to fight a war that we had false information about

The government is right to not want pay for the operations of people without health insurance, but they can't let them die. Everyone paying for health insurance through taxes for everyone else sounds like a good idea to me. That's what Canada does, right?

Well, though it sounds like a nice idea, it will re3ally be far more of a hassle than wonderful. What you don't hear about much is that systems like that of Canada and Great Britain contain a huge multitude of problems including greatly delayed care, poor medical ambition *doctors are not being paid well enough so they have no ambition to really further themselves or research*, huge job loss after the system was initially put into place, degraded overall medical care when received, etc. There have actually been cases where it has taken individuals 22 months to receive an MRI, for those that actually lived that long. It is also a well known fact that individuals have started their own *in Canada illegal* hospitals to treat and operate on individuals outside the Canadian system simply because of the care quality and wait times. Some individuals have even come to the US for operations simply because, in the Canadian system, they would die.

In my opinion, Social Healthcare will end up the same way that Social Security has at the present. It's great at first, but then all sorts of problems rear their ugly head though polititions are scared to act on changing or removing the system because of the thought of being voted out of office. This is what's happened to social security; my grandparents receive only $1300 a month to live on. If it were not for the fact that my grandfather has a rather large pension *PS what Bush wanted to replace the system with, a pension and free spending system* they would not be able to pay their taxes and heat their home. The last thing I want is to have the same thing happen to an even more powerful system than that of money, Healthcare! If my life is on the line, I want good, fast treatment.

Just to throw it in *to cast aside the whole "What about the people that can't offord Healthcare" statement* there are a multitude of ways to obtain Healthcare including where you work to low cost health programs for disadvantaged individuals. Also, a fact that many people forget, if you go into a hospital they are required by law to treat you regardless of your healthcare status. If by chance you end up not having health insurance the hospital is required to set up reduction waits and a payment plan after that said reduction.

In short, the last thing I want is another hinge for the government to control my life.
--------------
I'm changing the name of this thread too ;).

Yea, anyway, I'll make this short and sweet. If you flame at each other, I will ban you...simple as that. I'm sick of all the fighting! You can certainly point out when someone's wrong and try to make them understand otherwise, but don't go out calling them names and cursing at them!

Re: The American Political Madrun

There are lots of people making plenty of money who refuse to buy health insurance. The price of pretty much anything at a hospital is too expensive to pay for many people, and even though they're being totally stupid by not getting insurance, they are a large part of society and hospitals lose a lot of money that way since they have to treat them.

Your side on this matter depends completely on which is more fair: social healthcare or hospitals treating people who can't pay them.

It seems like they're both evenly unfair, though.

Well, let's look at it another way: Social healthcare= much higher taxes. Do you seriously want taxes any higher than they already are, what with the cost of everything else skyrocketing?

Well, let's look at it another way: Social healthcare= much higher taxes. Do you seriously want taxes any higher than they already are, what with the cost of everything else skyrocketing?
Do you seriously want people getting completely free healthcare from hospitals that have no other choice? It's a hell of a lot worse than higher taxes for the economy.

(Still not taking a side on this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back