• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

The Subject for the Classification of Yoshi

What is a Yoshi?

• Total voters

Slyguy46

Subtle as a Ninja Pirate!
Now, I'm pretty sure we all know who Yoshi is. That lovable green ... thing from the Mario Games.

But recently, a theory came to my mind. Could it be possible ... nay, probable, that Yoshi is, in fact, a Pokemon?

Now, while this seems strange, I had to review the facts. This is what I've found out about Yoshi, and it seems to support that theory
  • Yoshi is a Green Dinosaur/Dragon Hybrid Thing with Hands that have fingers.
  • Yoshi only can say his own name, rather like a pokemon.
  • Yoshi has four attacks which can be all categorized as a pokemon attack, which are
  1. Egg Bomb
  2. Lick
  3. Body Slam
  4. Rollout
  • Yoshi's Final Smash can also be categorized as the pokemon moves Giga Impact, Fly, or Flamethrower
  • Yoshi come out of Eggs. Like a Pokemon
  • Yoshi are only Male. Like several species of pokemon
  • Yoshi have a multitude of colors, not unlike Keckleon, a pokemon.
  • Yoshi are subservient to humans, in this case, the Mario Brothers
So, what is Yoshi? Dinosaur, Dragon, or Pokemon?

A Yoshi is a Yoshi. The race is called Yoshi.
He's right. And Yoshi is NOT a pokemon. At all. It doesn't matter what you think, he's not a pokemon.

Also, "Lick", what I'm thinking is his B move, throws people out of his *** in an egg. That's not a pokemon move. (And if it is...weird...)

Well he certainly would be a good pokemon but he's not considering Pokemon was made around 1995 and Yoshi was made in 1991.

A Yoshi is a Yoshi. The race is called Yoshi.

You mean like how Pikachu is a Pikachu. The race is called Pikachu. The SPECIES is called Pokemon.

He's right. And Yoshi is NOT a pokemon. At all. It doesn't matter what you think, he's not a pokemon.

Also, "Lick", what I'm thinking is his B move, throws people out of his *** in an egg. That's not a pokemon move. (And if it is...weird...)
FASCIST!

Lick is a pokemon move that can paralyze the opponent, like how getting stuck in an egg PARALYZES YOU!

Well he certainly would be a good pokemon but he's not considering Pokemon was made around 1995 and Yoshi was made in 1991.

I'm not saying he's FROM pokemon, I'm saying he is so much like a pokemon that it is scary.

Anybody?

Species: Yoshi
Races: the different colors (white, black, green, red, blue, yellow, etc.)

Not a pokemon.

hes a newly bred form of dinosaur, but hes his own race. he was invented by the hippie radicals to eat the government officials and turn them to eggs.

I like Hippie's explanation... stupid but fun :p

Yoshi is not a pokemon in any sense of the word, game, or look..

EPIC PHAIL!!1!

Yeah Yoshi is not a Pokemon. He is not found wildly, he does not attack people (Peach, Mario, Luigi, on his own. And don't bring up how he can attack them in the SSB series), he does not get stored in a tiny ball, and Mario is not a f***** Pokemon trainer!

Yoshi is a dinosaur!

And for the statement that Yoshi can only say his name, that is false. In Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, the Yoshi's can speak to you.

Yeah Yoshi is not a Pokemon. He is not found wildly, he does not attack people (Peach, Mario, Luigi, on his own. And don't bring up how he can attack them in the SSB series), he does not get stored in a tiny ball, and Mario is not a f***** Pokemon trainer!

Yoshi is a dinosaur!

And for the statement that Yoshi can only say his name, that is false. In Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, the Yoshi's can speak to you.

Meowth talks, one out of a race of a bunch of meowth.

could it be yoshi helped to inspire the creation of pokemon?

Meowth talks, one out of a race of a bunch of meowth.

could it be yoshi helped to inspire the creation of pokemon?

I don't think so. Don't forget Meowth can talk only because he saw that female Meowth which motivated him to try to learn to speak English and walk upright. Also, Meowth is the only pokemon who can actually SPEAK english (Lucario is telekenitic) whereas in Super Mario RPG, all the Yoshi's can speak english (or japanese, depending on your location)

Back