• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

There are many guards in the castle! Erm...I mean Airship :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimaLink007

Hope Never Dies
Alright, whilst playing more FF XII, I got past the dungeon where I kept dying, and made it through another area...and had fun while screaming random things to random people about this random guy...:D

I was taken prisoner on the stupid airship, and this is what happened:
  • 1st time, I got so lost, that after an hour of looking for the next area, and ended up back at the start. I became annoyed, tripped the alarm, and died
  • 2nd time, I whipped out my guide for the game, and spent 10 minutes trying to find a switch. Then, I tripped two more alarms, and was promptly killed.
  • 3rd time, I made it farther than I ever was, making it to the minibosses, and following Vossler's advice, went straight for the judges instead of worrying about the flunkies...I was killed in a matter of seconds
  • 4th time, made it back to the minibosses, killed off the entire group of flunkies, leaving the one judge at critical health, and the other at half health. Vossler fell, and having noone to distract while I ressurected and healed the rest of the party, I was promptly killed again.
So in other words, I hate the fact that there is NO save crystal before the minibosses, so I can't save and heal, so I don't have to start over every time I die. Does anyone have a good strategy for this? Besides going in right after Vaan heals everyone and regains all his MP?

Do you have quickening's for at least 2 member's of your party? If not, at the save before the fight (aka: the giant circle) keep killing soldiers (it should be just soldiers in the whole area after you kill off one dog) to gain AP, and to create a massive combo for great loot (if you get past 50 Combo (like I did), you get the title of Montblanc "The Relentless" (I think thats the name).

Using the AP, buy some quickenings for a few characters (I recomend giving one to Vaan, Ashe, and, if they have enough AP, Fran and Basch (if any character has enough for another, but it as well), as these three should work well together, using an Iron Sword for Ashe, your highest bow for Fran, and either your best Sword or Knife for Vaan.

In the battle, I recommend starting with Vaan, Ashe and Basch (using whatever weapon you wish), and waste the Soldiers WITHOUT using your quickenings (Use Basch's Magic). Then, when its just you vs. the Judge, Activate your quickenings, trying to string together a massive quickening for Inferno (or, if possible, Cataclysm). This should down the Judge to less than half his HP, if not kill him outright. Switch Basch out for Fran, make Fran your Party Leader (the character you control), and keep attacking with magic, or just use your quickening to kill him off.

Any questions?

1. Where do I buy things?
2. There is no save crystal before the minibosses, except all the way at the prison cell
3. Where is Ashe, and do I save her before or after the minibosses?
4. What are quickenings?

1. Where do I buy things?
2. There is no save crystal before the minibosses, except all the way at the prison cell
3. Where is Ashe, and do I save her before or after the minibosses?
4. What are quickenings?

1. The Prison Cell, their is a merchant their (he's a Moogle, and you have to free him to buy stuff.

2. Thats what I'm talking about.

3. Are you talking about the Airship Leviathan or the Mines of Bhujurba? If its the Mines, don't fight, JUST RUN!

4. Quickenings are basically Limits, abilities that cost all of your MP, but deliver a devistating blow if you link them together (it's kinda hard to explain, you just gotta figure it out yourself).

1. The Prison Cell, their is a merchant their (he's a Moogle, and you have to free him to buy stuff.

2. Thats what I'm talking about.

3. Are you talking about the Airship Leviathan or the Mines of Bhujurba? If its the Mines, don't fight, JUST RUN!

4. Quickenings are basically Limits, abilities that cost all of your MP, but deliver a devistating blow if you link them together (it's kinda hard to explain, you just gotta figure it out yourself).
1. Wrong prison cell. The one you're talkinbg about is AFTER the part I'm stuck. I'm talking about the one where you start, right after the prison break aided by Vossler. So no Moogle for me.:(

2.Airship Leviathain -_-

I AM STUCK AT THE PART, WHERE YOU ENTER A CENTRAL BLOCK ROOM, AND YOU HAVE TO BATTLE A GROUP CONSISTING OF: 2 JUDGES, 3-4 SOLDIERS, AND 1 MAGE!!! I NEED HELP ON HJOW TO DEFEAT THESE IRRITATING ENEMIES!

Fine, to defeat this party, first, GET RID OF THE MAGE!

Secondly, Soldiers have very low defense against Magiks, so use any magiks you have to destroy the rest of the party. Focus Magik Attacks (Soldiers aren't weak to any particular Magik, so I'd sugest Fire and Thunder) to defeat this party. If your still having trouble, please PM me, as we are the only two to have posted on this thread as of now.

Um...I'm not sure if UltimaLink still needs help (I doubt he does) but I shall attempt to help for the heck of it!

Okay, for the battle you should have one party member dedicated to healing. That goes for using Cure, Potion, Hi-Potion, etc. Now when I did it, I did the fight without Gambits because the people in my party wasn't doing anything. Take control of the healer (it's a good idea to have your healer equipped with a bow or gun, that way the bad guys don't really realize you're there). Next, force your other party members to attack one of the judges. Once you give them the command to attack, they'll keep attacking until its de ad, which you have to watch for so you can give them the command to attack the other judge.

Gun stinks, give Balthier a dagger...

GET BASCH's QUICKENING!!!!!! It is a super damage booster against judge Ghis... And people in armour I believe...

Gun stinks, give Balthier a dagger...

GET BASCH's QUICKENING!!!!!! It is a super damage booster against judge Ghis... And people in armour I believe...
No. :) Daggers are even worse, hence why Penelo is currently the worst in my party. I gave him a Javelin like Vaan for now.

Well, thanks to your OTHER advice, this part has been blown to utter pieces, as Balthier's quickening took out over half the enemy party on it's own, and Basch's hurt the other judge enough for a quick finish by my party. Ghis went down in one shot by a Balthier and Basch chain. I made it across the sandsea, went through the tomb, did NOT take the Dawn shard (yeah, I know he leaves when you do, he's not necessary, but he makes levelling easier by letting enemies hammer on him. :D), and am leveling. I'm farming exp and LP in the Lhusa Mines by chaining skeletons. Soon, everyone will have lvl 3 quickenings, (Vaan only has lvl 1, needs ~400 more LP ;_; Penelo has lvl 2, everyone else already has lvl 3), and I'm getting rich in the meantime by having Ashe steal Bone Fragments, and picking them up, as they sell for 193 each and are incredibly common. I'll probably stop when I get everyone to lvl 21-25, or when I get really bored with it.

Thanks to everyone for their advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back