• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Uber Challenge

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
Okay, I found an Uber Challenge for OoT. I want to see if anyone can beat it. I know I cannot, so don't ask if I can or have beaten it.

====Contents====

Introduction
Uber Challenge Restrictions
Uber Challenge Route
Uber Challenge Guide/Video
Hall of Uber Champions
Other Uber Challenge Topics
Acknowledgements

====Introduction====

Welcome to the Uber Challenge! This is a very difficult test of skill for Ocarina of Time players. It's similar to the 3 Heart Challenge, but much tougher. If you think you're a master of this game, put your money where your mouth is and take the Challenge.

====Uber Challenge Restrictions====

Following are the conditions of the Uber Challenge. Basically, you beat the game while following all these. Simple, right? Heh...

-3 hearts, no Heart Pieces whatsoever
-Buy Giant’s Knife and break it ASAP, and use that at all times (except in the Graveyard and while fighting Ganon)
-All Medallions
-1 Bottle
-No deaths (death counter at file select must say 000)
-No Iron Boots
-No capacity upgrades
-No Great Fairy gifts except Magic Meter and Din's Fire
-No Gold Skulltula family gifts from 20 or more Gold Skulltulas
-No Goron Bracelet
-No Fire Arrows
-No Lens of Truth
-No Longshot
-No Silver Scale
-No Zora Tunic
-No Gerudo’s Card
-No Maps or Compasses
-No Biggoron’s Sword
-Cannot use Action Replay, Gameshark, etc.
-Cannot use Crooked Cartridge (touching your game cartridge while playing)
-Cannot use Din’s Fire outside the central room of the Water Temple
-Cannot use Megaton Hammer to attack enemies (exception of stunning Volvagia)
-Cannot use Megaton Hammer outside the Fire Temple
-Cannot use Deku Sticks to attack enemies
-Cannot use power crouch stab
-Cannot use bottle except to show Ruto's Letter to King Zora
-Cannot learn any songs except Song of Time, Zelda’s Lullaby, and Minuet of Forest
-Must have Shadow Medallion before entering Forest Temple
-Must fight Dark Link

Shield Restrictions

You must burn your Deku Shield ASAP. You may not equip another one. You may not obtain a Hylian Shield as a child, but you may obtain a Hylian Shield as an adult. You may only use a Hylian Shield in the following places:

-Graveyard
-Central room of Water Temple

Aside from that, while you have a shield equipped, use it as little as possible and destroy it as soon as possible. After completing the Spirit Temple, equip a Hylian Shield and let a Like Like eat it so you can continue without a shield. The optimal locations to destroy your shield are included in the route.

====Uber Challenge Route====

I suggest that you follow this route while playing through the Uber Challenge. It uses minimal backtracking and shows you the best way through the Challenge. It does not detail everything, however. When following the route, make sure to not violate the conditions of the Challenge.

Child

-Deku Tree
-Fairy Ocarina
-Spirit Temple (burn shield ASAP)
-Zelda’s Lullaby
-Dodongo’s Cavern
-Magic Meter
-Golden Scale
-Ruto’s Letter
-Jabu Jabu
-Zora’s River (Magic Bean)
-Adult's Wallet
-Graveyard (plant Magic Bean)
-Ocarina of Time
-Din's Fire
-Temple of Time

Adult

-Goron City (Goron Tunic, Giant’s Knife; break immediately)
-Graveyard (Hookshot, Hylian Shield)
-Shadow Temple (feed shield to Like Like ASAP, kill Like Like and retrieve shield)
-Fire Temple
-Minuet of Forest
-Forest Temple
-Water Temple
-Spirit Temple (feed shield to Like Like ASAP, complete, reenter and feed shield to Like Like)
-Temple of Time
-Ganon’s Castle

====Uber Challenge Guide/Video====

I have written a guide for the Uber Challenge. It is located here:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/n64/file/zelda_64_challenge.txt

At the request of many who have taken the Uber Challenge, I have made a video of it. Yes, the entire Uber Challenge. You can read about it and download it here:

http://manocheese.googlepages.com/uberchallenge

Last Note: I did not make the Uber Challenge. Manocheese from the GameSpot forums did.

I know I couldn't do this, but I want to ask this since I don't know...: What does touching your cartridge while playing DO? Wouldn't it just mess it up, so you'd have to go buy a new one?

People have been able to glitch their games by doing this and are able to get to areas before being allowed to. It is very hard to do, however. My brother tried it once and he couldn't get it to work. He merely froze the game.:rolleyes:

I know I couldn't do this, but I want to ask this since I don't know...: What does touching your cartridge while playing DO? Wouldn't it just mess it up, so you'd have to go buy a new one?

its possible to also render your 64 completely useless

i wouldn't try it ;)

i probably can't do this anyway, so i'm probably not even gonna try -.-

What's the point of feeding your shield to a like like if you're just gonna kill it and take it back?

What's the point of feeding your shield to a like like if you're just gonna kill it and take it back?
The point is that you DON'T kill it.

And what's the point of having no shield you ask?

TO MAKE THE GAME HARDER. Hence, the Uber challenge

God, I'm Sorry I'm So Stupid. Excuse Me For Living.

Ok, for some reason, those won't come out capitalized, can someone explain this to me?

God, I'm Sorry I'm So Stupid. Excuse Me For Living.

Ok, for some reason, those won't come out capitalized, can someone explain this to me?
Guess:
Bob set it as a forum rule to do that because it looks spamish/ flamish/ obnoxious/ ugly to the forum.

but I think it should be allowed since no one usually yells in all caps. i mean, it does add an affect to ur post

Back