• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Playstation Zelda rip off, or Sony's double of our favorite game

Link and Navi

Loftwing
I just got this in my email from another site, and its a real eye opener.

An eerily familiar new game was released this week – it stars a young hero who fights an ancient evil, collecting along the way bombs for blasting caves open, a boomerang, arrows, a Hookshot, and more. No, it’s not the Legend of Zelda, it’s 3D Dot Game Heroes, a new PS3 game so similar to the Zelda series that gamers can’t decide whether it should be considered a ripoff or a homage. The game was released on May 11th in the US and is set for a May 14th release in Europe.

Now thats pretty bad. Not only is nintendo giving us games stuck on handheld, but now Sony has stepped in to take our cake... whats your take on this?

I say we wait until one or more of us actually plays the game itself to determine whether it really has anything (Other than dungeons and weaponry) that would determine it to be a 'Ripoff' or 'Homage.' Just seeing a game that's similar and calling it a ripoff is like calling any World War II-based First-Person Shooter game a ripoff of Wolfenstein 3D.

I personally like Sony as a company, and if they really do a Zelda-like game in all senses of the game itself, and if they manage to do it better, then really I don't care. Twilight Princess was decent, but didn't live up to my personal expectations, so I'd love to see an amazing Zelda again (Hoping the new Nintendo Wii Zelda will be good).

Moved, really belonged in the "Other Consoles" forum.

I saw this and I personally think it looks interesting. I showed it to my brother who owns a PS3 and he said he might get it, so we'll see.

I wouldn't call it shameless; I'd call it uninspired. It's definitely a homage to the Legend of Zelda, but from all I can see, there is nothing unique about it.

Ok, I just wanted to know what you guys thought on it^^ Its nice to know that there are actually people here, ready and willing to give their voice and opinion^^

Back