• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Zelda Vs Lotr. Which Is More Awesome?

Which is more awesome?

• Zelda

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • LotR

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
ok I have heard many arguments for both. Targelion has started an epic battle between lotr and star wars. but no one thought to include HYRULE, which many claim is better that middle-earth. post your opinion now. Frodo or link? arwen or zelda? sauron or ganondorf? legend of zelda, or lord of the rings?

also check out my lotr vs WoT (wheel of time) thread

The only things about LotR I didn't like:

The Fellowship took on an entire frickin army of Uruk Hai in the first one.
Gandalf did a cheap save in Helms Deep in the second one.
The invincible spirit army that came from nowhere thing was a ridiculous end for the battle in the third one.

While I personally like both, I prefer Zelda as all of the pieces fit together.

LotR suffered heavily from some Deus ex Machina (Army of the Dead, An army of 9 (with 4 being Hobbits!) beating an army of over 5 score (100) with only one loss (Boromir), and the whole treefolk debacle). Thats the only reason why I support Zelda in this one. MtG kills both while sipping a glass of the finest ale the Cabal can buy.

(Army of the Dead, An army of 9 (with 4 being Hobbits!) beating an army of over 5 score (100) with only one loss (Boromir), and the whole treefolk debacle).

although i have no idea what you are talking about in this section, i do agree with you on the whole dues ex machina thing. However, that only works in the lotr vs STAR WARS argument. Technology wise, Hyrule and Middle-earth are the same.

... though i don't think they have ocarinas in Middle Earth

Which is more awesome? Simple: Zelda. I think of it this way: Sure, LotR has huge battles, an ultimat ring of power, etc., but the actual history (and even the true story) is a lot harder to get into. Sure you can watch the movies and such, but you won't get the whole story. You actually have to read the books (and I'm not saying I hate reading), which the way Tolkien wrote is just painful to most to read.

Zelda on the other hand is a lot simplier to get into. Just about anybody can start playing. Sure the timeline is up in the air, but whatever.

Back