• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Do you believe in God?

Re: Do u beleive in God?

I beleive in God, but I don't understand why so many people don't.

For all people out there... I have but one question that needs answering...

What if God Smoked Cannibus??

Can anyone answer the question??

I NEED ASNWERS!!!

I would like to quote Scrubs: "Who is this God and why does he command so much respect?"~The Janitor

So I would just like to say I do not believe in God because of my upbringing. I was not raised on the Bible, and thought everything I learned in school was correct. So there came a point when I realized that faith and logic contradicted each other, and so I decided to go with logic. I felt that only one can really be true, and realized if God were real, he wouldn't let the Holocaust and Darfur happen. Not to mention there hasn't been any Biblical happenings since Jesus, and that was 2000 years ago.

I do believe there is a more powerful being out there somewhere that we might mistake as a God when we meet it, much like the Aztecs mistook Cortez for their god. That is all.

Maybe God is out there but he doesn't interfere with this world. I think it's credible to think that he just decides who goes to heaven or hell, keeps peace in heaven, and keeps Satan in hell.

I felt that only one can really be true, and realized if God were real, he wouldn't let the Holocaust and Darfur happen. Not to mention there hasn't been any Biblical happenings since Jesus, and that was 2000 years ago.

I wholly disagree.

You're probably too young to understand this, but events like the Holocaust and Darfur have huge impacts on individuals and societies. If one believes in fate and predestiny, they also believe that events must take place to lead up to a certain outcome. Therefore, whatever pain people suffer is meant to be, and is part of God's great plan.

I'm not saying that these events are good (I'm a humanitarian through and through) but they certainly do not disprove the existance of God.

You must understand that God has a different perspective on the world than that human one. We are limited to seeing good and evil by what causes us pain or pleasure, but God can be far more objective than that.

I do not believe in God because: I only beleive in things that have been scientificly proven, S/he would have stopped all the wars and violence, and because I was not brought up in a religious home. Not to mention that there is NO scientific evidence of any "higher beings".

I do not believe in God because: I only beleive in things that have been scientificly proven, S/he would have stopped all the wars and violence, and because I was not brought up in a religious home. Not to mention that there is NO scientific evidence of any "higher beings".

Not true. Humans were created with free will that god, (whom I believe in a higher being) chooses not to interfere with because it's FREE WILL, which means we act by ourselves. These wars that you speak of came with the free will, allowing free thoughts and emotions, started with greed, anger, etc. And since they were free to think and feel the way they did, they did what they wanted to, using, once again, their free will.

humans EVOLVED from single-celled organisms, they were not 'created' by a non-existant 'higher being's' free-will! that is most likely one of the craziest things i've heard in a long time.

To prevent any particular issues arising, I'm going to withhold my personal beliefs on the subject. I will however ask that everyone please keep this to pure intellectual discussion on the topic or statements of your beliefs. Any flaming will be dealt with via infractions. Religion is a very sensitive subject on both sides of the spectrum, and I would rather not have people in a bitter feud over the subject. If the wars continue, I will need to close this thread.

humans EVOLVED from single-celled organisms, they were not 'created' by a non-existant 'higher being's' free-will! that is most likely one of the craziest things i've heard in a long time.
I beleive in Darwinism too, but you have to keep an open mind, what if creationism is proved one day? You can't shut out other theories.

Not true. Humans were created with free will that god, (whom I believe in a higher being) chooses not to interfere with because it's FREE WILL, which means we act by ourselves. These wars that you speak of came with the free will, allowing free thoughts and emotions, started with greed, anger, etc. And since they were free to think and feel the way they did, they did what they wanted to, using, once again, their free will.

Plus, as I stated above, what is bad from a human perspective may not be bad from the perspective of a divinity.

Especially if you believe that there is life after death.

Yes, I believe in God.

After looking at the beginning of the universe and time, I can only come to the conclusion that only God could have done something like that. Lets look at some points:

1.) Big Bang Theory- Basically- explosion happened that caused the entire universe as we know it today to exist. Before this, there was supposedly nothing. How is this possible? How is it possible for nothing to explode? How does nothing accomplish the feat of exploding? There was nothing to explode, but a mighty God to speak everything into existence. Therefore, I'll submit my 'Big Bang' Theory: God spoke and bang, it was.

2.) How did life start? Last time I heard from a scientists point of view there was a bunch of organice materials in some kind of stew like atmosphere that became bonded together and became something living. This is simple: Take all of the major elements and minerals or whatever that makes up the human body and put them in a jar. Heat them up. If you can make a living organism, call me.

3.) Evolution- i belive animals can 'evolve' adaptations to help them survive. But if a monkey evolved into a human, there would not be any monkeys. I mean really, it contradicts itself. by saying a monkey turned into a human the Darwin theory contradicts itself. The human would be more fit and the majority of monkies would die off

feel free to bite my head off :)
im ready to defend

oh yeah, does it suprise anyone that i believe in God? Just wondering....

I would just like to point out that humans didn't evolve from monkeys, but rather apes who were cast out of there groups and had to stand up right to see over the grass. So while these apes evolved, the others who kicked them out did not. So Darwin's Theory does not truelly contridict itself.

but that ape human would have supposedly have been more fit then the ones that ditched him so he and any other ape human would have out done them with shelter and food, causing the apes to starve

I believe that God is real... The only thing stopping us from seeing him is our beliefs. Would you ever believe someone if they said that they have seen and spoken to God?? According to most people, no you wouldn't believe them... Like how most people are saying that they are the 'Messenger of God'... Yeah, yeah yeah.... Nothing that I have never before.

However, here's a good question.... Are people really sent on this place for a purpose?? I believe that I'm sent down here to be the ABSOLUTE best at Zelda Games and that's what I've accomplished... I was, also, sent down here to do many things but, we will leave that for another day...

but that ape human would have supposedly have been more fit then the ones that ditched him so he and any other ape human would have out done them with shelter and food, causing the apes to starve
A certain species of apes started to walk upright and develop the use of tools (as some apes are doing today). They eventually lost the need for hair as they developed shelter and the use of fire, and their intelligence soared because of the millions of things they found that they could explore, seeing everything in a new way.

You can't deny apes and people are extremely similar to each other, and why do you think we grow more hair in certain parts than others?

Many pieces of evidence has been found to support Darwinism, ranging from Lucy to the A-26107 or something (the Russians found it, what do you expect?).

Read the Origin of Species before you argue any more about this.

Yes, I believe in God.

After looking at the beginning of the universe and time, I can only come to the conclusion that only God could have done something like that. Lets look at some points:

1.) Big Bang Theory- Basically- explosion happened that caused the entire universe as we know it today to exist. Before this, there was supposedly nothing. How is this possible? How is it possible for nothing to explode? How does nothing accomplish the feat of exploding? There was nothing to explode, but a mighty God to speak everything into existence. Therefore, I'll submit my 'Big Bang' Theory: God spoke and bang, it was.

2.) How did life start? Last time I heard from a scientists point of view there was a bunch of organice materials in some kind of stew like atmosphere that became bonded together and became something living. This is simple: Take all of the major elements and minerals or whatever that makes up the human body and put them in a jar. Heat them up. If you can make a living organism, call me.

3.) Evolution- i belive animals can 'evolve' adaptations to help them survive. But if a monkey evolved into a human, there would not be any monkeys. I mean really, it contradicts itself. by saying a monkey turned into a human the Darwin theory contradicts itself. The human would be more fit and the majority of monkies would die off

feel free to bite my head off :)
im ready to defend

oh yeah, does it suprise anyone that i believe in God? Just wondering....

1.)
Before this, there was supposedly nothing.
So, that would mean that there was no God either.

2.) what you said makes no sence.

3.)
But if a monkey evolved into a human, there would not be any monkeys.
The evolution of an origanism into another organism depends on food, location, climate, elavation, and the geography in that area. Just because there are humans AND Apes/Monkeys, that does not mean that we were created by a higher being.

Back