• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Life is a RPG...

Is life like a RPG?? I was thinking about life, while I was watching someone play a RPG game. Then, I thought to myself, "Life is much like a RPG..."

1. Leveling up takes forever (one year).
2. Fights occur and they take turns, trying to hit each other.
3. When you beat someone, you gain experience (fights, war, etc.)
4. When you lose, you usually want to play again.
5. You talk to people that you don't know (like meeting face-to-face.)
6. When you wear certain things, it helps you with an advantage or gives you a disadvantage.
7. When you help someone, they usually become your friend/ally.
8. You travel all around, exploring new places.
9. Magic is only with Cards or other things.
10. We all follow a god.
11. We shop for things that we want/need.

There's more, but none come back to me. I will think of other comparisons when I have them.

Er... A few flaws:

1. One year is not forever. It may seem like it, but it is fairly short, considering humans can live up to 90.
2. You don't take turns in a fight. You can throw a punch at the same time that they do.
5. Sure you talk to random people, but you don't talk to EVERYONE, like in RPGs.
6. Not all clothes give you an (dis)advantage, except for covering your unmentionables.
7. I've helped people and they hate me for it.
9. Magic in RPGs isn't just with cards. It normally has to do with nature and stuff.
10. Not everyone follows a god (atheists).

And if anything RPGs are like life, since life came first...

Flaw- there is no such thing as magic cards. Flaw i dont like rpgs (not trying to flame) but i like life. no offense

You both are lame. Cmon, just think outside the box for a little bit. Dakare, I know it's hard for you, and DSage, I'm not sure... But, it's all about having a bit of fun... Ahh, boring people, never having fun of just thinking...

No, I can think outside of the box and have fun just dreaming and suff (if you ever meet me I'm always daydreaming). I just don't like comparing life to videogames because it's irrelivent. Life came first and so that's what we base our fantasy worlds off of, so of course they'll be the same.

Yes, I know that. And, I know you're a day-dreamer... I have my ways of knowing.... Anyways, ZG was playing Legend of Legaia and Grandia (his two favs on PS1) and I was thinking of how life would be like if it was RPG-type... Though it might take long to get used to... but it would be fun.

That's why I came up with those comparisons. Still, they're not that bad. If you think about it, actually... Our life is based off of a RPG game... God is playing the RPG game, which is our lives. Good point?

I know that. Also, many people live past 100 as well... Many RPG games have levels pass 100... I should know; soo, that's what I meant. If you can't understand that, then you're hopeless. Oh well...

No one is to call anyone lame or boring this is a freindly website if you cant stay nice then leave. thank you.

Back