• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Miyamoto killing Zelda?

I say boycot Nintendo. What the freak is all this casual gamer and non gamer and family crap all about? Its really annoying.
I want a good Zelda!

And if I see another 'minigame' game, I'm going to go insane.

Why Shigeru, why?

Even so, this article does not point to the entire transcript. I'm fairly certain that regardless of what Miyamoto said he knows not to do anything to destroy a franchise for the hardcore. At least...I hope...

Debatable. You could say they've ruined Mario because of Mario Party, and they started making Mario Kart more "accessible" with the Wii Wheel, which quite frankly was a horrible control scheme.

well, with all their casual and family marketing, they're gaining customers, but their also losing them...

Debatable. You could say they've ruined Mario because of Mario Party, and they started making Mario Kart more "accessible" with the Wii Wheel, which quite frankly was a horrible control scheme.
1. You could choose to use the GCN controller.
2. It wasnt that bad of a control scheme.
3. It's basically the same as holding the remote sideways.

It wasn't making it more accessible it was creating a new game with new features. It would be stupid if it was exactly the same as previous installments.

Wouldn't adding a difficulty level option make it more hardcore/accessible?

1. You could choose to use the GCN controller.
2. It wasnt that bad of a control scheme.
3. It's basically the same as holding the remote sideways.

It wasn't making it more accessible it was creating a new game with new features. It would be stupid if it was exactly the same as previous installments.

Wouldn't adding a difficulty level option make it more hardcore/accessible?
1. Which they screwed up so it feels funny doing anything with it
2. Yes, it was
3. and the over or under sensitivity ruins it
4. They killed drifting....

I think you guys are jumping to conclusions. I don't think Nintendo is ready to put down Zelda. I wouldn't mind if Mario retired, however.

1. Which they screwed up so it feels funny doing anything with it
2. Yes, it was
3. and the over or under sensitivity ruins it
4. They killed drifting....
Yeah I guess they did kill drifting.
I think you guys are jumping to conclusions. I don't think Nintendo is ready to put down Zelda. I wouldn't mind if Mario retired, however.
There's no way they're going to put down Mario.

No, no. It's not that they're talking about discontinuing Zelda, they're talking about making it so "casual" gamers would be more interested in it.

And Ultima got it nailed on what I meant about Mario Kart. Thanks.

I hate the fact that games are being pointed more towards casual gamers now. The fact that good series that hardcore fans love are being dumbed down for the public makes me sad.

You here that Nintendo! You made me sad on my birthday!

Nintendo has been making games easier and easier over the years. That's why I was able to beat Super Mario Galaxy and The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass in less than 3 days each. And older games like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past take me more than 2 weeks to beat. That's why I like to play a lot of the older games a lot more than the newer games because they actually provide a challenge for me.

Phantom Hourglass didn't stump me even once. All the puzzles were so easy to figure out that it wasn't even that fun. The only hard part of the whole game for me was the Temple of the Ocean King.

While it's true that a game needs quite a bit of difficulty to be good, it's also true that it needs quite a few elements to it, too. Elements that Nintendo isn't giving us. I mean, when I shot a super missile at that space pirate in Prime 3, I expected him to explode in a frenzy of blood and guts, not fly backwards and pass out.

On Zelda, Twilight Princess was a great Zelda game, and I think it may be the last one. I didn't like Phantom Hourglass, I didn't like arrow crossbow whatever bullshit, and I really don't think I'll like whatever they're coming out with now.

I'm not all that loyal to Nintendo and I think they're just being really confident in their loyal fans. If Nintendo was to start selling ******* toothpicks or gift wrap or something they'd make a killing and it's really corrupting them. They're not trying anymore, they're just trying to make money off die hard fans and stupid "family-friendly" families.

Re: Miyamoto Zelda?

ive got an idea!!! send miya moto my friend "smokey the funny smellin teddy" and see what kinds of interesting games he thinks up!

ive got an idea!!! send miya moto my friend "smokey the funny smellin teddy" and see what kinds of interesting games he thinks up!
That is a great idea.

Stairway To Heaven would never have enlightened us without aaaaall that Moroccan dope.

Well, according to my sources, there has been alot of talk about discontinuing Zelda. I hope that they dont, but what can we really do? Well, there's alot that we can do. And yes, you are correct. Mario Galaxy was really easy to beat. It took me less than about 9 hours to beat it, then about an hour more to collect the remaining stars. Then, it took less time to do the same with Luigi (I'm sorry, if anyone hasn't beaten it yet...). Then, Phantom Hourglass took about that much time for me to beat, as well. About 9-10 hours to complete everything. Temple of the Ocean King was a bit difficult, but not that hard.

Now, it's just a matter of time to decide whether games are getting either dumber or easier... Most people think that they're getting dumber for their strategic styles... Most people think that they're getting easier because the companies are running out of storylines and tactics for the future of the games... I think that DDR will end up, taking over the industry (once again.) Think about it... DDR needs a dance-pad, game, and music. Music for Japan-based games are always being made and the old ones are always good to play again...

Now, trying to remake the originals isn't something that's easy. Look at the old Mario and Zelda games... For Mario, it has a great history of creating some of the greatest of games... For Zelda, its tactics and strategic knowledge are only for those who can understand and comprehend it (such like myself... ZeldaGuardian... Duh.). Now, it's just gone downhill... I think we should try and do something about it... I think Sony and Microsoft might try something... I don't really know what that is, but I don't want it to effect Nintendo. Nintendo has been around since the late 1800s... Trust me, I know. Nintendo started out as playing cards... Look it up.

There's my opinion of what's going on... I know Shigeru wouldn't kill the Zelda Series... But, we don't know that for sure... I wish we did. Soo, there's my side. Deuces, I'm out.

~The Great Sage, ZeldaGuardian

theyre making the games too easy so they can target them to a younger audience. theyre sellin out if u ask me

Yeah. And has anyone noticed how Zelda steals strategies to do stuff from their old games. Like I figured out how to beat the boss in the dungeon Lord Jabu-Jabu's belly in Oracle of Ages by knowing how to beat the boss of the water temple in Ocarina of Time. For both bosses you use the hookshot to take its heart out and hit it with ur sword.

Yeah. And has anyone noticed how Zelda steals strategies to do stuff from their old games. Like I figured out how to beat the boss in the dungeon Lord Jabu-Jabu's belly in Oracle of Ages by knowing how to beat the boss of the water temple in Ocarina of Time. For both bosses you use the hookshot to take its heart out and hit it with ur sword.
I'm almost positive they used that again somewhere in Twilight Princess but I can't be sure.

What exactly is this "hardcore" gaming anyway?

You guys are freaking out about this for no reason. Nintendo's first party support is focusing on the family friendly games right now to get more money. More money equals bigger budgets for the more "hardcore" games. Wouldn't you guys rather the developers max out the Wii hardware completely for the next Zelda, or would you guys rather have another Wind Waker? As far as I'm concerned, that's the problem here. Developers want money too, the family games are selling like the proverbial hotcakes, so guess what's being developed.

On the other end, Nintendo's third party support is kicking an excessive amount of ***** soon, what with 2 Sonic games(both of which I'm only cautiously optimisitic about, I don't want another Secret Rings), No More Heroes 2, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and Arc Rise Fantasia coming exclusively to the Wii(with the exception of Sonic Unleashed) in the next year or so. All of which look awesome. Nintendo may not be doing much for us right now, but their 3rd party support is stronger than ever.

And Miyamoto has SAID that both a Wii and a DS Zelda are in development. Remember guys, it takes a while to do these things. I'm not expecting anything solid on the Wii Zelda until sometime late next year.

Back