• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

It's 2016... Where's everyone at??

ZeldaGuardian

The Great Sage of The Seven Sages
It's been a VERY long time since I was last here... And it seems like hardly anyone else has been here too... It's been a year or two since I last saw anyone post anything... Since I'm gonna be the first to post in 2016, let's have a recap of what everyone is up to... I guess I'll go first...

I've been through many ups and downs... Went through a few more engagements, failed all of them (haha)... Still in school, trying to finish up my music degrees... Currently in another relationship... I've had a very eventful year thus far... I've also been studying a little bit of Journalism, Computer Technology and more. I recently got a job as a Website Designer and Coder. I build and maintain websites for big-name companies that deal with plumbing, construction, HVAC, and more.

I haven't stopped writing, however. I went back through my old archives and decided to re-write all the Strategy Guides I had. I removed all my old content and started fresh. I just finished up Triforce Heroes for the 3DS, and I'm fixing on starting on Twilight Princess, once I get it in the mail from reserving it. I recently started doing Let's Play videos on my YouTube Channel (youtube.com/ZeldaGuardian). I only have some going up, as I'm moving from my apartment into a nice big house.

Needless to say, I did forget that this website and forums was still in existence... Made me remember about my own websites and forum. I've decided on re-writing the websites and re-constructing my forums. But since my time is going to be more open again, I am going to try my hardest to get back online here and start posting more often.

I think I said enough. For those who see this post, please post back. I wanna know how everyone is holding up. It would be very good to hear back from some of the members. :)

Hey @ZeldaGuardian it's great to see you! Activity has kind of died down here, but I do keep everything up to date and open because folks do come on to chat once in a while. I just haven't been able to give the site the TLC it deserves since I started graduate school. Now that I'm working full-time in corporate America, my time is extra squeezed! One of these days I'll put a little more effort into things around here, but for the time being I'm admittedly a little burned out (minus keeping all the security upgrades in check). But, I'm still mostly sane :).

I earned a masters back in May and moved to NYC. It's been an adventure, to say the least! I'd say overall things are well. Great apartment in "the greatest city on Earth" and a great job, so no complaints. Well, I wish I could find "the one" if you know what I mean, haha!

It's great to hear you're getting things together with your writing / life. It's never a bad thing to celebrate successes.

Congrats on the Master's Degree and the full-time job in Corporate America @webmasterbob!! And I know the feeling. I've been there, trying to find "the one"... But when you least expect it, she will be there. She'll appear and once you get to know her, you'll find out if she's the one. I bet apartments are expensive in NYC. Definitely good to hear from ya. Hopefully others will post soon.

Hey guys! I'm doing pretty well. Just finishing up school and getting a few other things in order, no complaints. It's good to see the both of you are making out well.

@Linkman !!! How's you doing?? It's good to hear from you too. Good to hear you're finishing up your school year. And that's good too. Always have a plan of attack before starting a new adventure. And we seem to be doing pretty well. I can't honestly argue anything that's happening in my life right now. I hope to see more people coming back soon. Maybe we should advertise on Facebook and Twitter that Zelda Sages still exists?? Haha. We'll figure something out.

Where to begin late last year my wife and I (married in 2013 not sure if I ever mentioned it here) tried and nearly managed to secure a condo only to be thwarted by a technicality, We are just beginning to prepare for another attempt. I am attending community college again hoping to become a history teacher. We have been training my cat Peka how to walk on a leash because we are evil, but don't worry she WILL like it also this year I finally got around to Playing the Mass Effect Trilogy and loved it, I have been Playing a lot of a game called World of Warships since my wife stole our copy of Assassin's Creed Syndicate. My Horse Victor is starting to become a very well behaved horsey.
The wifes car decided that this is the best time to start to wear out and to fix "everything" would cost more or less the value of the car. Lastly I still don't have dishwasher that is not me.

First off, congrats on the marriage life. I'm a couple steps away from that myself. I would be a little miffed if I couldn't secure a Condo just because of a technicality.... I love playing the Mass Effect Series. Do you have all the DLC with it and what console are you playing it for?? I recently had to fix my girl's car too (A Manual Transmission Mustang). It started with the windshield wipers, then dashboard lights, then brake pads, and it's just continuing.

I'm glad to see more posts here again. Let's keep it going!!

Thank you for the Congratulations, I personally have enjoyed 99% of being married in a lot of ways my wife is more of a best friend with benefits than what i expected (yes that is how i explain it her sometimes) On my first play through of ME trilogy I didn't have any DLC as i started it while house sitting on my Xbox 360 without a reliable internet connection iI regret not saving the alien council so want to do another play-through. However the second play-through has to wait until after I finish my first Dragon Age play-through, I am currently nearing the end of DA2 so just one left to go. As too the Condo miffed is an understatement, if I had had access to a Star Destroyer or X-wing, or Tank, or so on well the mortgage broker would need a new building to work from.

As for the car well we re just going to drive it until we replace it or it dies, I never really liked that car it is an under powered little PT. Cruiser which only gets about 22 Mpg which for it's size is ridiculous, as a Grand Caravan of the same year gets the same Mpg.

Sounds like a fun rampage. I prefer to use a tank, soo than I can roll with you and record it all. Then I'll post it here for all of ZS to see. And that's honestly the best way to explain it. Your wife must also be your best friend. Took me a few tries to finally get it right. I recently bought all the right DLC I needed for the ME series. However, I'm having to go find the trilogy game set again. As I was inventorying my games after my recent move into my house, I realized that my ME series was missing. I had the game cases, but not the games inside. My ME3 had a note inside it. After reading it, one of my ex-fiancees stole the game discs from me, claiming that since she had a crappy relationship with me, she deserves some compensation. Soo, I'm back on the market for a new ME trilogy game set for the Xbox 360. Soo, if you don't mind, let me borrow your tank after you're done and I'll go run a quick errand to my ex's apartment complex.

And that's odd. I could've sworn the PT Cruiser gets a better mile/gallon than that... What year is it?? And me personally, I couldn't drive a PT Cruiser. I'm a tall guy (6' 1") and I'm about 220lbs. Sitting in that car makes me feel like I'm going to be claustrophobic.

I am 6' 190 pounds and yeah it is very cramped, but she came with it as default equipment so until we can upgrade it.. well it still gets better mpg than my 99 GMC Pick-up truck which is distantly related to my original 83 GMC which was a tank.

Good good to hear. Well, it's definitely good to hear from another fellow ZS member. I hope to see more online again.

Back