• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Nintendo Switch 6 Month Run

ZeldaGuardian

The Great Sage of The Seven Sages
Hello everyone. I am The Great Sage, Leader and Founder of The Seven Sages... Webmaster and Creator of Guardian Sages, Where Knowledge Is Born... Non Admin Article Writer for Zelda Sages... I'm here with the 6 month run of the Nintendo Switch.

First off, I'm just going to straight say this. After the huge hype of Breath of the Wild, let's admit it. The Nintendo Switch died a little bit after its release. The only other game that was suitable enough to try and get people interested was Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. After that, not many people have been thrilled about the Switch. And Switch Owners (such as myself) have been trying to keep the momentum going. However, with no good titles out at the moment, we slowly lost our drive to play it. There's been a lot of updates to the system as well... Adding in more games on the eShop, updating the Switch games, playing online with others in certain games (ARMS, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, etc.), and more. But it just doesn't seem like it's enough to keep us wanting to play.

As an employee at Gamestop, I have seen a lot of games come and go, along with systems. However, I've seen 3 people trade in their Nintendo Switch, because it's just not worth playing anymore. However, there's been a lot of games that's been released for the system... Binding of Isaac, 1-2-Switch, A Cave Story, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, Disagaea 5, Super Bomberman R, ULTRA Street Fighter IV, Splatoon 2, Mario+Rabbids Kingdom Battle, and more... But don't lost faith yet, Switch Owners.

There's still lots more coming to the Switch. We have already seen the 1st DLC for Breath of the Wild (which if anyone needs help, I got it all figured out), ARMS being a phenomenal game, and Splatoon 2 multiplayer battles. However, we are patiently waiting for the 2nd DLC pack for Breath of the Wild, called The Champion's Ballad. It's going to add more storyline to the main story of BotW. We get to find out just how the 4 Champions helped Link become the Appointed Knight. And yes, hopefully we get to see how the romance between Link and Mipha start as well. Also coming to the Switch is Super Mario Odyssey.

Super Mario Odyssey is the true successor to the Super Mario 64 and the Super Mario Sunshine story and gameplay. We will be, once again, battling our way through world after world in an attempt to stop Bowser's Wedding with Princess Peach. We board a starship, known as The Odyssey, to travel from world to world. We must also find the Green Half Moons (a direct reference to the Super Mario World 3-Up Half Moons) in order to travel further and further out. Unlike the other games, we have a brand new ability that has sparked a lot of conversation. We get to use our famous Red Cap (his name is Cappy) to "capture" enemies around us. We throw Cappy at the enemy and we essentially become that enemy. And unfortunately due to this new power, I have accidentally sparked a new theory of Mario's Origin... But I will save that for another Thread. This game and its Amiibos (Mario, Peach, and Bowser in their Wedding Outfits) will be dropping on October 27th.

Well, there's my recap of first 6 months of the Nintendo Switch. If you have more to add, please. Add it to this Thread. Let's get this conversation going. I would like to hear everyone else's opinions and their recap of the system.

Back