• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

3DS Discussion Thread

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
So, obviously the 3DS is coming out sometime this year, and I for one am pretty excited about it. Although handheld, portable games have not been known to hold my attention like console and PC games, this might change that.

With the increased RAM, processing power, 3D top screen, three cameras, and a "slider pad", along with accelerometers and a gyroscope all build into the system, it is obviously going to be expensive, with an estimated cost of around $300 (USD). BUT, it seems like Nintendo is going to make it worth it. They claim they will ship every unit with a 2GB SD card, along with a docking cradle for charging and faster downloads. They also announced a GameBoy virtual console, although only for GameBoy and GameBoy Color games. This coupled with the already established DSiWare makes the downloadable games for it impressive.

The 3D looks neat too. No glasses 3D, with a slider to adjust it or turn it off is really cool. I can also see Netflix streaming 3D movies to it.

The whole system seems really impressive so far, although I'm not going out and pre-ordering right away. I want to see the final price and read some reviews first, then I'll see. I also have my eyes on some Wii games this year, along with having wanted a 360 for awhile. So it might come down to either a 3DS or 360, we'll see.

Just saw the news story by Stealth. I am so darn excited! I really hope they do add extra content though other than just the touch control stuff. I would love to see some extra side-quests and stuff like that thrown in for goo fun.

Example, would be great if they put in a way to actually beat the running man when you are adult Link. I wasted so much time tring to do it when I played through OOT when I was younger :mad:.

Back