• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

[3DS] Fire Emblem: Awakening

UltimaLink007

Hope Never Dies
Has anyone else had a chance to pick this game up, electronically or physically? After GameStop told me that they weren't getting any copies until March, I caved last Friday and bought it online through the Nintendo eShop, and have absolutely zero regrets. This game is utterly fantastic, very enjoyable, and quite addicting. Plus I have the bragging rights over my one roommate who has always considered himself better at Fire Emblem that I was able to make it through Hard Mode without giving up or a Normal playthrough while he gave up on Hard Mode.

Also, some of the choices by the design team make my inner game designer cry shimmering tears of joy.
  • The addition of Casual Mode (Those unaware, typical Fire Emblem keeps your units dead if you allow them to die), which allows players who just want to play through for the story or even for those who are new to the series and would otherwise be turned off by the difficulty of the game, to play and enjoy.
  • The DLC maps, EXPonential Growth and The Golden Gaffe allow those who want either an easier time, or if they're having far too much trouble with the main game to grind up money and experience easily to help them out.
  • The ability to purchase Beaststones and Dragonstones from shops later in the game ensure that Manaketes and Taguels are not completely worthless.
  • Second Seals allow for units to assume more diverse and specific roles and gain class-specific abilities. For example, I'm having my Tactician gain Pavise (unique to Generals) and Aegis (unique to Paladins) in order to take half damage from all forms of attack. It allows for more chances to maximize stats.
  • Creation and fighting of SpotPass Teams. It's a lot of fun to be able to receive and either fight or recruit other players.
So other thoughts about the game? Challenges? Wishes to know what I've done with my file?

Honestly, Fire Emblem (and other similar tactics-style games) were something I always wanted to like, but I could never play them for long. I don't really know what it was about them, but after a couple battles I was just turned off. Glad to hear Nintendo has made some forward progression in the series, though.

I've never really been into Fire Emblem, but I've considered giving this one a try. I need to wait until I have the funds to be able to buy the game, however. I'm not exactly in the best of financial situations, so any money I spend on pleasure needs to be limited.

Thank god they have a casual mode! That's one of the things that really turned me off before, the fact that if you die that's it for the character. o_O

Back