• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

AAAA IT Died

It is when the green light around the power button goes red and basically tells 360 owners their console is dead, hence the name.

I feel sorry for you, man. Have you tried the towel trick?

What's the red light supposed to be? It seems weird that they'd put in a "your console is dead" light.

Who knows, it's Microsoft. Why did they put a Blue Screen of Death into Windows if it only pops up for a second before your computer fully fails?

Who knows, it's Microsoft. Why did they put a Blue Screen of Death into Windows if it only pops up for a second before your computer fully fails?
I think that's got something to do with your hardware, it's the screen that comes when there's no running program or something.

Has anyone noticed how frustrating everything Microsoft is?

Yes, it is for hardware, but for hardware problems, in which most of the time it causes the computer to crash so you can only read it for a second. It has happened to me several times when I messesd around with old Pentium IIs.

And yes, everything Microsoft makes is highly annoying.

Yea I agree. And I think they put the red light in obviously to let the owner know that something is wrong. But that really sucks that you got it!

That really stinks, luckily every 360 since launch is still covered under warranty ;). Still, it's a few weeks without gaming.

I'm not sure of the details, but it involves wrapping your 360 in a towel to cool it down or something. You could probably do a google search for it if you're really interested.

Dakare said:
I'm not sure of the details, but it involves wrapping your 360 in a towel to cool it down or something.
Would not wrapping your 360 in a towel cause an even greater heat buildup in the console? :confused: Even if the towel were cold, the internal cooling system would be unable to expel heat properly.

I'm not sure of the details, but it involves wrapping your 360 in a towel to cool it down or something. You could probably do a google search for it if you're really interested.
I don't see how that can work. Usually when I wrap myself in a towel I warm up...

Like I said, I have no idea about the details. I've heard people on G4 talk about it, and I've heard my friends who own 360's talk about doing it, and it worked for them.

Okay, I just looked it up. When it gives you the ring, put a towel on it (while it's still on) for ten minutes. After said time, turn the console off, remove towel, and play. Again, don't ask me how it works, it just magicaly does.

You know the microsoft zune? It has that blue screen of death we were talking about. I got one friday and it ****ed up the next day.

i guess i'll just send the pile in and get it repaired. luckily i still have my PS2 to hold me over (and some unfinished rpgs).

Back