• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Back to the ZeldaSages on myspace...

ZOMG, that is hillarious. Like Tom would really care if a group used the same name as a little known site (no offense, Bob, but it isn't too popular yet).

I hope you have a copyright Bob...
Check the bottom line on the page.

While I doubt we technically have an actual copyright, we have the records to justify a claim to the name, assuming someone else hasn't had it for several years.

Zelda copyrights are a bit special. Under international trademark laws, no one is supposed to even use the name "Zelda" in a website title, game name, etc. However, like many game publishers, they allow a right of use agreement with the consumer population. Basically, this means we are permitted to use the name on not for profit sites or items such as...Zelda fan sites :).

As far as Zelda Sages, there is no official document in my possession from the copyright office, mainly as per the international trademark law. However, the government allows you to state a name and content as copywritten, giving you many of the same rights as a copyright. However, you can not earn compensation if it were ever brought up in a court of law. The most the court could do, assuming you have records of a claim prior to another individual using it as we do, is make an injunction for that individual to stop using the name.

Really, I don't care about the myspace group. I mean, if I ever wanted to make a Zelda Sages myspace group I can, as a webmaster with valid records, contact the administration and ask to be placed in charge of the group. However, I think the myspace Windmage made is suitable :). This is the real Zelda Sages, everyone knows that, let the leader have his fun ;).

Back