• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Brisingr

UltimaLink007

Hope Never Dies
No spoilers here, I haven't read the book yet, so I ask that none of you spoil it either. Opinions about the book? Also how do you feel about Paolini's keeping everyone in the dark, and spllitting the trilogy into a quartet?

Personally, I do want to read it, but it lost my great momentum of interest in the series by taking what feels like forever since Eldest had come out. I really wish he had kept it as a trilogy, there's just something about the number three that makes you think epic and great...

Personally, I do want to read it, but it lost my great momentum of interest in the series by taking what feels like forever since Eldest had come out. I really wish he had kept it as a trilogy, there's just something about the number three that makes you think epic and great...
Exactly my feelings.

I've read it, not terrible, my only complaint was the one revelation that struck me as coming from deep left field:

The ultimate weapon is...

DRAGON VOMIT!!!

That's only a slight exaggeration.

I've read it, not terrible, my only complaint was the one revelation that struck me as coming from deep left field:

The ultimate weapon is...

DRAGON VOMIT!!!

That's only a slight exaggeration.
I've read it too, and I think that is the weirdest point of the book.

It's just getting a little staler with each book.

I just finished the book yesterday, and I must say... I can't help but feel that this was one of the biggest possible ripoffs of Kingdom Hearts. =/

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA He ripped it off of Kingdom Hearts?! Holy crap. I wasn't actually going to bother reading it because he ripped so much off of Lord of the Rings in the earlier books, but now that I know that I think I will just to see how he did it. That completely just made my day.

Everything's either a rip off of Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, or Kingdom Hearts. You have to learn to roll with it.

Everything's either a rip off of Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, or Kingdom Hearts. You have to learn to roll with it.
This is the first thing though in my experience to feel like such a ripoff of something as weird (in an awesome and cool way) as Kingdom Hearts. I never, EVER thought it would even HAPPEN. >_>

Fine, everything's either a rip off of Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. You have to learn to Rickroll with it.

I don't understand? How did he manage that? I read the first one and I was like, "This is totally a ripoff of (some book I read in 6th grade about dragons that I really hated)" and some of the names were definitely quite nearly copied from LotR. But Kingdom Hearts? How so? (I've never played the game so I guess I really have no reason to be making comparisons.)

I don't understand? How did he manage that? I read the first one and I was like, "This is totally a ripoff of (some book I read in 6th grade about dragons that I really hated)" and some of the names were definitely quite nearly copied from LotR. But Kingdom Hearts? How so? (I've never played the game so I guess I really have no reason to be making comparisons.)
I really can't specify without spoiling both stories.

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to read them. I really don't like this kid's writing style. It's too detailed and not enough story. And I'll likely never play Kingdom Hearts either, so you might as well just tell me.

Go ahead and tell. The only thing I'd suggest is to put it in a spoiler just because there might be that one person who gets mad if you ruin it. Although they really would be stupid to given how many posts foreshadow the possibility of spoilers. One would think such a person would take a hint.

Eh, okay then.

Okay, Kingdom Hearts. Heart this, heart that, Hearts are the most powerful weapons in teh multiverse, Heart heart heart. Light, Dark, Hearts are the source of all power! Organization runs around collecting hearts. More junk. Brisingr - the last 200 pages were pretty much "ZOMG HEARTZ!" Dragon hearts are the source of all power, Hearts are the reason people are powerful, heart heart heart, Murtagh lieks hearts, The Forsworn and Galbatorix went around collecting hearts. Just a ton of similarities to me that made it feel like a knockoff. Especially since they pretty much didn't shut the hell up about hearts because even after the long discussion about them, they keep going back over and over to Glaedr's heart with Eragon... >_>

Eh, okay then.

Okay, Kingdom Hearts. Heart this, heart that, Hearts are the most powerful weapons in teh multiverse, Heart heart heart. Light, Dark, Hearts are the source of all power! Organization runs around collecting hearts. More junk. Brisingr - the last 200 pages were pretty much "ZOMG HEARTZ!" Dragon hearts are the source of all power, Hearts are the reason people are powerful, heart heart heart, Murtagh lieks hearts, The Forsworn and Galbatorix went around collecting hearts. Just a ton of similarities to me that made it feel like a knockoff. Especially since they pretty much didn't shut the hell up about hearts because even after the long discussion about them, they keep going back over and over to Glaedr's heart with Eragon... >_>
:confused:

By that logic Kingdom Hearts is a rip-off of Captain Planet.

:confused:

By that logic Kingdom Hearts is a rip-off of Captain Planet.
Never saw Captain Planet, but I guess so then. :) It just feels like it, despite it not being because the first 500 pages or so had nothing to do with it. The last 250 just left me with that thought...

Never saw Captain Planet, but I guess so then. :) It just feels like it, despite it not being because the first 500 pages or so had nothing to do with it. The last 250 just left me with that thought...
I will agree with you that it felt like a major plot contrivance - it basically rewrote the plan for book four, and was foreshadowed by, what, one line of dialogue earlier in the same book? Scratch that, one letter of dialogue that I for one dismissed as a typo. Good planning, that.

Back