• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Call of Duty 2: Big Red One (GC)

Which is better?

• Total voters

Linkmaster92

Loftwing
I just finished playing the game for about the 15th time and I decided to make a review for it right here on ZS.

Overview: You are in the U.S. Army, within the 1st Division of Fox company. You walk through the numerous battles that these soldiers have faced with the determination of shutting down Hitler. You start off on D-Day and afterwards you trail back two years to when you were a private.

Gameplay = 10/10: Everything in this game looks like your actually in the war. The different guns have their own ways to reload and their own reload time, when you throw a grenade your enemies literally go flying in the air. Let's just say that it's a complete massacre. You never know what's going on and if you're not careful there could easily be a Kraut (American nickname for soldier under the Axis powers). The Combat goes for a good amount of time but you never notice the time that goes by because you're always on the lookout for an opposing soldier.

Sound = 10/10: The screams are real, the bullets have their own distinct sounds, and the natural "ping" of the standard M1 Garand is always ready to tell you when you need to reload. The explosions are cool to listen to and the screams of the Nebelwerfers sound like raging elephants that are ready to destroy you at any cost. Also, if you like the sound of mortar rounds being shot off then you'll love this because there are times when you need to use a set of binoculars to get a grid reference to bomb either a bunch of tanks or a whole convoy and it's great to see things to BOOM!

Controls = 10/10: The controls here are really user friendly especially for me since I sometimes like to have a machine gun on hand so I can just charge right through a Kraut by pumping a few bullets into them and if they're still alive I just hit 'em with the butt of my gun right after so they can just drop dead. Also when you're sniping I like that the L button is to look and the R button is shoot, while the C stick moves the view around so its a lot of fun to just pick off heads consistently. It's also great to just bomb a few Germans with grenades with the Z button because if you hold it long enough you can ''cook'' it and if you time it right the second the grenade reaches your enemy it explodes so it gives them no time to run. It's also with the sniper controls that fit well when you're in a plane, more specific the B-24 Liberator it's great to just blast Stukas over and over again. The tank controls I believe are really easy to use as well, you can zoom in again with the L button and shoot your cannon with the R button, but the Z button controls the machine gun so you don't have to waste your rockets on the infantry. It's even better though when you have the chance to just flat out run them over. It's also fun to kill the non-important characters in the game just to get a little ammo or to just screw around. You have to do it fast though or you'll get caught with friendly-fire.

Graphics = 9.5/10: Now the graphics here are wonderful to look at. the lighting is always just right and the guns look like they would in real life. The one thing that I truly don't like about them is that on occasion when you shoot a soldier their head goes into the ground and what I mentioned about the convoy bombing in Piano Lupo one of the tanks that go in to the water just go through it and there is no splash or anything like that. Otherwise everything else looks great.

Overall = 10/10: In the end though this game is a blast. I promise you that you'll be playing it for hours on end with no intention of stopping until you beat the game. But even when you do beat the game there's also a section for Bonus Materials and you can look at specific things that were in WWII from all the different nations. They also give you background information as well. Even so, like did you might be tempted to try beating it on Medium or Hard mode afterwards. There are a few sad parts, and few annoying parts as well. You might even love the game so much that you'll probably get into it and get a little ticked off for when your friends die.

So, if before you weren't planning on buying this game I'm hope you do now. This game is for the PS2, GC, and X-Box, Call of Duty 2 and 3 is for the 360, but only 3 is also on the PS3. Call of Duty is for the PS1 and X-Box.

I had a review for this game on the GCN, and I don't know what ever happened to it...I know I posted it here... Anyway, a good review...

All I know is that Call of Duty is NOT for PS1 and Xbox.

Just as a random side note: I think the Nazis in this game look the best. They wear dark scary uniforms and really have the elite look to them.

The CoD2 and 3 Nazis are good too, but I like their uniforms more in this game.

I also thought it was scary how the nazis in CoD2 wore goggles in Stalingrad. Cool stuff. Yea, I'm fanatical about little things like their clothing.:D

I haven't played either game, so I'm not voting. I have played other games in both series and based on that, I would say this is better.

Back