• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Classic controller

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
So the other day my mom bought me two classic controllers for the Wii. They were mainly for my dad to entice him to play the VC games, since he just watches TV most of the time. Anywho, I saw something on them that really confused me. The thing between the two Z buttons. I pressed it and it opened up the two slots in the back. I thought to myself "What the heck is that for?" I then turned to the instructions for answers. Nothing in the instructions talked about it. So my question to everyone is: What the heck is that thing for?

I was watchings a gamespot VC thingy and they showed the same thing. they seemed to be just as clueless as you are ^_^

as for the classic controller i'll be getting one for my birthday :D

some third party companies have been creating wii gear and one i have recently read about is a thing that snaps onto the classic controller and adds those 2...uh.. lemme just show you ;)

nyko-wii-classic-controller-and-click-grips-preview-20070223021651981-000.jpg

Yea, I was. I have two of the controllers, and they're just like SNES controllers, one of the consoles I was raised on.

I have:

Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Playstation 2
Nintendo DS
Nintendo Wii

that's the order i got them... all of my portable i got for christmas and all of my consoles i bought myself (along with my brother... we "split" it... too bad my brother only ends up paying around 1/3 of the price of them and he still owns 1/2 of them -_-)

ya.. so, none of those are available on the shop channel... but who knows... maybe one day

i got OoT today :)

Just to add on, I have:

GBC
GBA
GBA: SP
DS
PS1
PS2
GCN
Wii

I only got the SP because it had the light so I could play in the dark...

Are there any Wii games (besides SSBB...i think) That will use the classic controller?

Dragonball Z:budokai Tenkaichi does. Darn typing with one hand while eating a ring ding!!!

Yea, it is. I really enjoy DBZ, and I find this game to be the best DBZ game yet. But my friend came over while I was palying it (we're neighbors) and he started laughing at it.

But to answer the first question, it can be played w/ the classic controller OR the nunchuck/wiimote config. It is more amusing with the nunchuk.

DBZ: BT2 does not use the classic controller.

And to add, I have, in order:
  • Game Boy Pocket
  • SNES
  • Game Boy Color - (The one without Color)
  • Game Boy COLOR - (Returned previous when this came out, with Color in games)
  • N64
  • PS2
  • Game Boy Advanced
  • Gamecube
  • Game Boy Advanced: SP System
  • Nintendo Dual Screen
  • Nintendo Wii
Yay, my list is longer than most!

Er... I don't want ot start a fight but yes it does. I have the game and I just looked at the box. It has the little classic controller symbol on the back. As soon as I finish my hmework I will test it.

EDIT: Yup, it works. I just tested it. It was really hard though. It was probably the fact that I wasn't used to it.

I too do not wish to start a fight but I believe that it uses the Wii-Mote, as in many reviews I have seen it talked about the Wii-Mote usage.

I too do not wish to start a fight but I believe that it uses the Wii-Mote, as in many reviews I have seen it talked about the Wii-Mote usage.

Okay, last thing about this. Now I own the game so I should know that DBZ:BT2 can be played one out of three ways:
  1. Wiimote and nunchuk: By far the easiest way to play.
  2. Wavebird or Gamecube controller: Game says you can
  3. Classic Controller: Very hard, recommended for button mashers

Back