• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Condemned: Criminal Origins (360)

diezoberflote

Loftwing
Yo! I'm bored again so here's another horror game review! I beat this game a while ago, but sort of forgot about it...THIS GAME WAS MADE BY THE SAME GENIUSES THAT MADE F.E.A.R.!!!

Synopsis: It's a first person ultra-realistic/gritty horror adventure game where you're a runaway FBI agent. You hunt down serial killers in lots of scummy enviroments filled with crazed psychos. Mostly melee combat (think oblivion).

Graphics: 9/10
I just don't get sick of ultra realistic graphics. Yummy textures abound everywhere. Enviroments look the most amazing. The stark, dramatic lighting is just like in FEAR. Here's what makes it better than FEAR though: The enviroments aren't repetitive!!! You'll search through a huge variety of places. Offices, warehouses, subways, forests, factories, libraries. And they're all run down and desolate.
Character models seem just a tad rubbery. Otherwise, it's really top notch.

Sound: 8.5/10
Compared to masterpieces like Resident Evil 4, this game's sound is pretty uninteresting. The background music isn't really music at all, more like the horror hum of most games. It works decently, I guess.
Character voices are really creepy. The agonized screams and cries of the deranged psychos you kill are really well done.
Another plus is the sounds the weapons make during combat. It's not as intense as the guns in FEAR, but it's brutal nonetheless.

Gameplay: 8.5/10
This is the first game in history to employ the crime scene investogator mechanic. You get to search around the enviroment using all sorts of cool gadgets to gather evidence for your female partner who helps you out over your cell phone. Since you're on the trail of serial killers, this is the main way that the story is progressed. It's a very intriguing approach to gameplay. It is not complicated, in fact it's pretty effortless.
The controls overall are very simple. You walk around, swing things at people, sometimes block, and pick stuff up.
The only bad thing is that getting used to the melee combat takes some practice, and may seem spotty at times. Before long, you'll be a pro, though.

Other...stuff
Condemned has lots of extra bonuses and achievements you can work on once the game is done. This gives it some much needed replay value. Hey, I like going back into hell because I forgot to pick up a secret teddy bear item!!!

OVERALL: 8.75/10

It's spoooooky! Oh so spooooky!!!!!!

I personally don't like horror games >_> I think I saw an episode of Cheat! on this. It looked freaky................

I have seen this game, and I think you should not only not play in the dark, but keep the door open and make sure that no one else is in the room (they might suprise you (you could have a heart attack! (so be safe (ok)))

Hahahaha, oh c'mon a dark room is the best place!!
I actually boarded up the windows in my room so no light gets in....not even the moonlight!!!!! none!!!!
but with the windows open a little so the wind can blow in...oh man.

oh and the volume has to be up. heh

Back