• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Creative ZEN

Capt. Zeroth

Loftwing
I just got my new Creative ZEN up and running. Yes, I know this is the PC forum, but this goes best here, I guess. [EDIT: ...could some one move this to the reviews forum?] Yay :) Here is my review of the Creative ZEN:

inline1_16999_1_1_61.jpg

creativezenangle.jpg

Ooh, doesn't that look nice! Creative creates 4/16/32 gb models. They just realized the 32 gb one, the largest flash drive media player yet. The ZEN is a very beautiful player, its hard to find much not too like about it. It sports a glossy black plastic shell at only the size of a credit card, and less than the thickness of a CD case. In the picture above, you can see the amazing 2.5" 16.7 million color TFT screen. Take my word, this screen is razor sharp. It displays pictures and video beautifully. On the right is the simple navigation buttons. Main navigation is controlled by the 5-way directional pad in the middle. Other buttons include Back, Contextual (right-click), a custom shortcut button, and a play/pause button. The controls work very well and easily. Some people think the buttons feel "plasticy," but I think that is just because they are used to the iPod's wheel. On the very right side, there is an On/Off/Lock switch, a headphone jack, and a mini USB port. On the very top is a mini-SD card slot and a microphone.

The ZEN is the first Creative player to support unprotected AAC format, so you can use songs you've ripped through iTunes software. The ZEN also supports iTunes Plus tracks from the iTunes store, and MP3 and WMA music formats. It is a very compatible player. I was able to easily import songs from iTunes onto my ZEN.

The ZEN has a mini-SD slot. You can put music, video, or pictures on it. My only complaint is that the files on the SD card do not integrate into your play lists. They are accessible from another menu.

ZEN has a built in radio that uses your headphones as an antenna. I really don't have any radio reception at my house, but it is supposed to have good playback. You can keep multiple preset channels.

ZEN has a built in microphone for recording notes or what ever you want.

The battery lasts about 24 hours of music or 5 hours of video. It charges via USB.

Again, there is very little to not like about the ZEN. I love mine; it has many features that the iPod does not have, and too many to go into. I very much prefer it over the iPod. If you are getting a new player soon, check this one out.

I almost bought that. I actually went to the creative internet store, logged in, got to the checkout, and was about to place the order when I thought I should probably look into the Zune a little bit more.

I decided to buy the Zune instead (because it was 80 gigs at the same price and otherwise basically the exact same thing as the Zen) and it broke the next day.

6 weeks and three phone calls to Microsoft's outsourced customer support later, Microsoft finally sent me a box to send my Zune in for repair.

It's been a little more than 2 weeks and I'm still waiting.

*sigh*, I wish I just bought the Zen...

I have the previous model and it's a helluva lot better than any iPod.

Back