• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Do you believe in God?

Re: Do u beleive in God?

This is a very sticky subject, so I need to be careful how I post. I don't think that this is the easiest place for me to discuss such a topic, but I'll say what I feel is appropriate in this context.

Some things you can argue about, like, say, whether chocolate or vanilla is better. And that's debatable. It's an opinion question, and there could never be a true answer. However, if I were to say my font is purple, you could argue forever that it isn't, but clearly, it is. No matter what you say, there is an absolute truth. My font is purple.

Just as my font is absolutely, truly, 100% purple, there is a God. That is the truth. It's not so much my opinion as it is a fact. There is overwhelming evidence all around us.

Just as a colorblind person might say my font isn't purple, one who is blind to the glory may claim that there is no God. But there is. And that is truth.
Yeah, I'm sorry, but I must be colorblind. You can't really just say that there is a God and not support your opinion.

And it is a matter of opinion, for there are many religions, not just your one of choice.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I must be colorblind. You can't really just say that there is a God and not support your opinion.

And it is a matter of opinion, for there are many religions, not just your one of choice.
I agree 100%. There are so many people that think like you do, Ides, from fundamentalists to simple religious people to pastors and bishops or imams and alims, and monks, too. They also don't give us any evidence other than what religious things they have such as the bible and tales of prophets. In the end, this is all a matter of belief.

You can't convince anyone there is a God, however you also can't convince a believer that there isn't. I myself believe in God, but I respect those who don't. Religion should be something private, something we do in our own homes or with people who think like we do. Trying to force religion on anyone or anything is wrong.

Your font is purple, that is easy to see, but where do we see God? Science has explained so many things these days that people can stop believing in a superior being to explain everything. Religion throughout history has filled in the gaps that people couldn't explain through science and now science is finishing the job. It doesn't surprise me at all that so many people have stopped believing.

My point in that last paragraph was you can't just say "God exists, it's obvious" because it's not. And the only way it can be obvious depends on how much you believe in Him. Since everything is completely dependent upon this, our debates in this subject are all lost on each other. I suggest people stop posting arguments on whether or not God exists. It's all about if you believe or not. Nothing we can do or say here will convince anyone to change their mind about the existence of God.

I apologize for any confusion or misinterpretations of my previous post. I stand by my earlier statement of this possibly not being the most appropriate context for the current topic.

Before this goes too far, I am by no means attempting to 'force religion' or 'disrespect those who are non-religious.' I'm sorry if I've given you that idea. I am not a fundamentalist. Fundamentalists are narrow, closed-minded, and often judgemental people. They have their beliefs and nothing can change that. They are not open to listening to other views-- it's their beliefs, no ifs ands or buts. Sometimes they may not even know what they stand for, or if it is even right, but they fight for it because that is what they've been taught to do. If someone does not agree with them or differs from them in the slightest, they're intolerant. Violence is a common reaction. I can promise you, I've never burnt anything down in protest.

Capt. Zeroth: You had previously stated: "And it is a matter of opinion, for there are many religions, not just your one of choice. " I would like to take a moment to point out that I find this to be rather irrelevent. Never did I mention that I was speaking from a certain religion. Many religions believe in a god or higher form (or forms) of being. I simply stated that I agreed with those who do.

And for everyone who's been nutty over me not providing the evidence, let me ask you all one question: have you ever stepped outside? The beauty of creation, of life, and of love should be evidence enough. I think many people are afraid to accept any evidence that they can't quite see, feel, or touch. By those means, surely it is hard to prove that there is a God. If you (and I speak of no one in particular) remain ever-so-closed, you aren't going to get very far. I know it's very abstract and may seem frustrating, but the key is to be open, and you will find God.

(by the way, have any of you provided any eveidence as to why there is not a God?)

Certainly you all have the will to combat my response. I'm not looking for a fight. I'm defending what I know. I have no reason to slash any of you, therefore it is common courtesy that I am not to be slashed in return. Let me state once again that I do not feel that a public game forum is the most appropriate place to hold a discussion such as this.

(by the way, have any of you provided any eveidence as to why there is not a God?)

Certainly you all have the will to combat my response. I'm not looking for a fight. I'm defending what I know. I have no reason to slash any of you, therefore it is common courtesy that I am not to be slashed in return. Let me state once again that I do not feel that a public game forum is the most appropriate place to hold a discussion such as this.

Firstly, someone provide evidence against there being a God. I want to see where this goes.

Secondly, no one is slashing you, they are simply providing an argument for you to defend against.

Third and final, where would a better place to argue be? You are amongst those who do not know you and cannot harm you. Besides, if they threaten to do so... They will be pownzored!

Teddy:
Did, like, no one read my last post? You know, that part about science fills in the gaps that were previously filled by religion, and therefore destroying the evidence of God by providing evidence against holy things like the Bible and the Koran (I hate spelling it that way, it's actually "Kuran")?

And Ides, all those "beautiful" things you speak of are 1.completely explained by science and 2.only beautiful in certain people's eyes. I go outside every day and see these things and they don't tell me there is a God. They tell me there are billions of billions of beings existing all around us, things we must care for and respect (and is that not a part of all major religions?), but never has it convinced me that there is a superior being that creates all this. It is all the complicated yet well known method of reproduction and evolution.

Now I know this argument will be lost on many of you because you do not believe in "evolution". I'm not telling you you're wrong (perhaps you're right), the point of that argument wasn't to convince you there is no such thing as evolution, it was to make you see that everyone believes differently and you can't convince people no matter how many long paragraphs you write about your evidence and whatnot. I challenge one person come up to me and say honestly that I singlehandedly made them change their mind about their religious beliefs with my arguments in this thread.

I believe in evolution and God, others believe in only God, and others believe in no God. Many believe in a different god or multiple gods. These arguments have no effect on anybody. Please people, stop arguing, stop upsetting yourselves and each other. One cannot convince others of the existence or non existence of God. This thread has many other things to discuss such as different religions, but this is one topic that is only causing anguish.

It's an argument; we're arguing our points. Deep down, everyone is trying to convince everyone because we are all ego-centric maniacal human beings. But, it's deeeeep down here, so I suggest keeping this thread lively.

Evolution is cool, it actually can fit into the Big Bang theory.

Woah there. I think I need to clear some things up.
1) Yes, I do believe in evolution.
2) I'm not attempting to change anyone else's views or engage in an arguement.
3) All I did was state my standing and offer support.
4) I still don't think that this is the most appropriate place for this topic.
5) It's pointless to argue or try to have a peaceful discussion because as you can see, it hasn't really been working too well.
6) I think this forum needs to chill a little bit before it all goes too far.
7) My font IS purple... lavender is very much so a shade of purple.

First, let me just say that none of us are trying to combat you, we don't hate you or your point of view. This is just a debate, I don't think anything is getting out of hand. One of the problems with text is that certain emotions often get distorted or mixed up. Just remember that no one is here to fight.

Capt. Zeroth: You had previously stated: "And it is a matter of opinion, for there are many religions, not just your one of choice. " I would like to take a moment to point out that I find this to be rather irrelevent. Never did I mention that I was speaking from a certain religion. Many religions believe in a god or higher form (or forms) of being. I simply stated that I agreed with those who do.

For the first part, I'm sure you will recall this post:
... Just as my font is absolutely, truly, 100% purple, there is a God. That is the truth. It's not so much my opinion as it is a fact. There is overwhelming evidence all around us.

Just as a colorblind person might say my font isn't purple, one who is blind to the glory may claim that there is no God. But there is. And that is truth.
\
No, the problem here is that you are telling us there is a God without justifying your stance. I can argue and say that there is not a God just as easily as you have said otherwise. And I will:

I am De Facto Atheist which means that I believe that God cannot be proved at this time, however, He most likely does not exist. Religions were created when early humans did not know the answers to mysterious things such as weather and natural phenomenons. As humanity grew, science was born, and many questions were answered. Religion was then used to control how people worked in everyday life. Religion throughout history has been shown to be an excellent way to keep nations and empires under control. Religion is no longer necessary in today's society. Science provides necessary answers, while the Bible provides answers written by an unknown author at an unknown time.

In short, I think religion was created to answer the questions that we can now answer. Its no longer necessary.

1) Yes, I do believe in evolution.
3) All I did was state my standing and offer support.
1. The whole point of my post was to say that I can't change anyone's beliefs by posting that in here (not to say you believe in evolution, and going back further, I also gave fundamentalists as an example, I didn't call you one. I think some of my posts are being misunderstood)
Just as my font is absolutely, truly, 100% purple, there is a God. That is the truth. It's not so much my opinion as it is a fact. There is overwhelming evidence all around us.
3. There's a difference between doing that and saying something like "if the sky is blue then God is real". Read it^ you said "it's not so much my opinion as it is a fact". This is not stating your belief, this is saying something has been proven as a fact. You need to be more careful while arguing.

I do beleive in god but then I don't because before the universe began,God would have been very lonely for a very long because he's been around forever. On the other hand, there could have been more than one god and he created another person to talk to. Then that god died, giving his all mighty powers to the human and so on and so fourth. I do believe in god because good things happen. God takes care of us. He does things that people feel is terrible because he is trying to teach us something.

Okay. I don't really get why people *couIDESgh* thought there was arguing going on. This is simply a discussion about our belifes. Oh, I also have a question specifically for Ides. What kind of God do you think God is? I am curious because of your strong oppions on this topic.

Re: Do u believe in God?

I believe in god, but its on the specifics where i get fuzzy. I think that our god is trying to help us out, but not give us total answers.

Firstly, someone provide evidence against there being a God. I want to see where this goes.

idt20050204intelligentdesign.gif

One question I've always had; If humans must of had some intelligent creator because we are so complex, wouldn't the creator need a creator? That is assuming the creator of us is complex, but if it is not, how would it have created us?

Well think of it this way, God needs no sense of time because in a way, he is time. And, not only that, he is energy. He is the creator, not the created. Do you understand my viewpoint?

Yay God!! I love God. You don't have to believe. I don't need any reasons not to believe. I have no reason to explain.

I LOVE GOD!!!! seems like enough to me =]

Back