• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Do you believe in God?

Re: Do u beleive in God?

that website is a load of garbage.

How so? Explain.

It's mostly about organized religion's view of God. It doesn't give evidence against the belief of a superior being we call God, which I'm sure many atheists and non religious people can't help believing in.

True, however every individual's view can not be directly adressed.

well, I admit I only read one or two of the things. I now don't remember all that it said, but still, God exists. He doesn't have to show himself to everybody and show them his wounds, to prove it. Anyway, he is coming back to earth atthe end of time, the end of the world. but I think I should look at that website again.

well, I admit I only read one or two of the things. I now don't remember all that it said, but still, God exists. He doesn't have to show himself to everybody and show them his wounds, to prove it. Anyway, he is coming back to earth atthe end of time, the end of the world. but I think I should look at that website again.
That's what I'm talking about. That's simply belief, even this website won't change his mind and I'm sick of people trying to "prove" it wrong. You can't mess with what people believe, you can't tell them it's wrong, you can't give them "proof" and expect them to abandon their belief like that. People will always believe different things and you can't change that, not with words, not with violence, not even with wikipedia. It's in our minds, we're not like machines who will turn when they're proven wrong. Targelion can't prove what he just said, but he believes it and it's proven to him, that's that.

well said yoyolll. also, many people have had this same argument throughout the ages and I don't think any of them came to a conclusion.

That's what I'm talking about. That's simply belief, even this website won't change his mind and I'm sick of people trying to "prove" it wrong. You can't mess with what people believe, you can't tell them it's wrong, you can't give them "proof" and expect them to abandon their belief like that. People will always believe different things and you can't change that, not with words, not with violence, not even with wikipedia. It's in our minds, we're not like machines who will turn when they're proven wrong. Targelion can't prove what he just said, but he believes it and it's proven to him, that's that.
Huzzzzzzahhh!!!!!!

That's a great way to end a thread! So if the debate rages on i'm going to have to punch somebody in the phace. (Yeah, I said phace.)

well, we dont have to debate anymore. We can just discuss religion and the bible. besides, I like this thread. A lot.

Sorry, my last post left a bit to be desired and so I have removed it. Upon reflection, a better response would have been this:

Where do atheists come from?

Sorry, my last post left a bit to be desired and so I have removed it. Upon reflection, a better response would have been this:

Where do atheists come from?
True atheists just don't believe in a superior being. They believe that nothing is watching over us, not even the cosmos. They believe in no life after death. They believe everythıng can be derıved from pure logic and nothing superior exısts to affect our world.

Fake atheists range from people who just say they don't believe ın God but actually do to people who say they don't belıeve ın God but believe ın a superıor beıng over us to people who believe the cosmos wıll decide our fate to people who only believe ın life after death but no God (which ısn't a poor theory).

True atheists just don't believe in a superior being. They believe that nothing is watching over us, not even the cosmos. They believe in no life after death. They believe everythıng can be derıved from pure logic and nothing superior exısts to affect our world.

Fake atheists range from people who just say they don't believe ın God but actually do to people who say they don't belıeve ın God but believe ın a superıor beıng over us to people who believe the cosmos wıll decide our fate to people who only believe ın life after death but no God (which ısn't a poor theory).

You're right with the true atheists, but all the "fake" atheists fall under the category of agnostic. Basically those who believe in their own beliefs that stray from mainstream beliefs, and do not go to any church.

Yes, and not to debate or to start anything... but I seem to have evidence and science and Tarelion has denial for something he didn't take the time to read. Also, doesn't have any evidence other than the bible. Mine seems a bit more thought out. :p
I mean that in the friendlist of ways though

Oh, and even though I don't believe in a God or higher power for lack of evidence and logic, I'm a practicing buddhist. To me, the purpose of my life is to be happy and reduce my suffering so aslong I do that. I'm good to go :]

Okay, now to go back to what we were talking about. What kind of God is God in your oppion if you DO believe in Him.

a·the·ist
–noun
a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

An atheist is simply someone who does not believe in any of the supernatural entities described in myth, legend, or religion. The other views you list do not neccessarily apply to all or any atheists. Atheists are a large and very diverse group, and the only element they all share is a disbelief in a god or gods.

a·the·ist
–noun
a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

An atheist is simply someone who does not believe in any of the supernatural entities described in myth, legend, or religion. The other views you list do not neccessarily apply to all or any atheists. Atheists are a large and very diverse group, and the only element they all share is a disbelief in a god or gods.
That's just what I said, except I kinda had to explain it for people who would say something stupid leading to another 10 page fight about beliefs.

This is a very sticky subject, so I need to be careful how I post. I don't think that this is the easiest place for me to discuss such a topic, but I'll say what I feel is appropriate in this context.

Some things you can argue about, like, say, whether chocolate or vanilla is better. And that's debatable. It's an opinion question, and there could never be a true answer. However, if I were to say my font is purple, you could argue forever that it isn't, but clearly, it is. No matter what you say, there is an absolute truth. My font is purple.

Just as my font is absolutely, truly, 100% purple, there is a God. That is the truth. It's not so much my opinion as it is a fact. There is overwhelming evidence all around us.

Just as a colorblind person might say my font isn't purple, one who is blind to the glory may claim that there is no God. But there is. And that is truth.

It's actually not quite purple, more of a lavender...

And I'm sorry for being "blind", but what "overwhelming" evidence is there? You can't quite say the Bible, because that was written by hundreds or even thousands of people over several hundred years a couple thousand years ago. There hasn't been any Biblical happenings for awhile, at least none that the Vatican has deemed.

Back