• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Election Day

Liriano

Loftwing
Oh come now, how come no one started an Election Day Thread? I haven't signed on in so long, I thought someone would have. Oh well, how many of you are actually voting?

I decided to move this to Chat seeing as I trust we won't take the topic out of proportion :).

I had to get a court order to vote by suing my home state, and won :D.

Booo, I can't vote in this election. At least I'm not my brother. He misses voting by a week. I will be able to vote in the 2012 election, anyway.

No. That is not a right reason. That is a terrible reason. If people wasted their precious vote that way, then that is ridiculous and truly degrading to the country.

If people cannot come up with better reasons for supporting their candidate than race, age, gender, or whatever, that is entirely ridiculous. Blind are they who read not the platform.

I know how "big" it is. I weep for this once great nation. A freaking GIMMICK won the election. All you see from the people interviewed on any station is "I voted for Obama because he's black." Totally the right reason to elect a president.

Dude seriously don't even try to say what you think. You can't vote. You have no say as to how our country will be lead. Seriously. I hate people like you, who can't vote yet, and yet they think that their opinions will actually make a difference

Dude seriously don't even try to say what you think. You can't vote. You have no say as to how our country will be lead. Seriously. I hate people like you, who can't vote yet, and yet they think that their opinions will actually make a difference
Pfft, I know my opinion means nothing. Just because it means nothing does not mean I don't want to express it, just because I can, and just for the heck of it. I stated the facts based upon what was broadcasted through the media. I already know that my future votes when I am old enough will never mean anything at all, will never make a difference, just as my opinions won't, and currently don't. Get over yourself please.

I spent twelve hours on election days making phone calls as a volunteer for the Obama campaign. A vast majority of the people who I had talked to who had already voted by the time I spoke with them. Of the people I spoke to, and the other volunteers I met at the phone bank, not a single one of them was supporting Barack Obama "because he was black."

The people I spoke with supported him because after this eight year nightmare of war, lies, cronyism, and insane policies, he represents a new direction. The people who I met supported him because they wanted to elect a government they could trust, they wanted a president who would assign people to cabinet positions based on their merit, not their ideology, they wanted intelligent and rational policies to be put in place, instead of continuing the policies of the past eight years, which have proven to be failures. The people I met supported Obama because they know that this country is still great, despite that greatness being squandered by the past administration. They supported him, because they knew that with intelligent, rational, leadership, we can survive the financial crisis, we can achieve energy independence, and we can make affordable healthcare available to all Americans. They supported him, because he offered clear policies and plans, and a clear vision of how this nation could go forward.

You said you “weep for this once great nation.” I am immensely proud that our country is finally getting back on the right track.

I spent twelve hours on election days making phone calls as a volunteer for the Obama campaign. A vast majority of the people who I had talked to who had already voted by the time I spoke with them. Of the people I spoke to, and the other volunteers I met at the phone bank, not a single one of them was supporting Barack Obama "because he was black."

The people I spoke with supported him because after this eight year nightmare of war, lies, cronyism, and insane policies, he represents a new direction. The people who I met supported him because they wanted to elect a government they could trust, they wanted a president who would assign people to cabinet positions based on their merit, not their ideology, they wanted intelligent and rational policies to be put in place, instead of continuing the policies of the past eight years, which have proven to be failures. The people I met supported Obama because they know that this country is still great, despite that greatness being squandered by the past administration. They supported him, because they knew that with intelligent, rational, leadership, we can survive the financial crisis, we can achieve energy independence, and we can make affordable healthcare available to all Americans. They supported him, because he offered clear policies and plans, and a clear vision of how this nation could go forward.
This has made me happy. It is truly wonderful to know that at least some voted for reasons besides race. The right reasons, the policies, the morals... I flipped through all of the news stations, both liberal and conservative, and every single person they interviewed clearly stated they voted for the color of their skin, not those honorable reasons.

Improbability Drive said:
You said you “weep for this once great nation.” I am immensely proud that our country is finally getting back on the right track.
I believe McCain would be much better overall, and would be just as capable as anyone to make change. While our opinions differ, I'm glad I can see somewhat the same goal, a happy better America, although methods to make that obviously differ. I will continue to proverbially weep until I can see change for the better, a number of issues solved without taxes going through the roof, and until I can be assured that I can trust Obama to be a good president for myself, my friends, my family, and the nation, as well as not abusing the immense amount of power he will have; with the presidency, a great democratic senate AND house majority. Time will only tell.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I could've tried, but I would've failed.

I believe Obama is going to better the nation, mainly, by restarting the failing economy. Statistically, Democrats are much better at regaining money when in an economic crisis, and Republicans when there is a good economy. Thus, if anything, I believe Obama to be able to do this.

Also, I think that after several long years of war, we needed a leader with a different mindset and background. Obama, not in spite of, but because of his lack of military experience, can most likely find peaceful solutions to future conflicts.

Lastly, for those that say that he won "because he was black," I have news for you. Obama was raised by his white mother and white grandmother, and his ideals are his by experience, not by his race. As for the middle name, anybody know what his father's name was? Barack Hussein Obama Sr. He got his middle name from his Kenyan father, not because of his religion.

I am not a mindless follower. I take calculated moves that have the better chance and the, most likely, better payoff. I'm not gonna say that Obama's gonna be the best president ever, but I do believe he can do the best job anyone can at the present moment.

That's such a stupid thing to say, the one thing that has more power than the government, than the president and congress, than all the police and military in the world is people's opinions and when they come together sharing the same opinion and voice it completely united it is enough to make the larges of armies turn around from their objective and enough to make the strictest of rules disappear because after all, the government is by the people for the people and it's our opinions that are the cornerstone of the entire establishment and foundation of a democratic government.

Lastly, for those that say that he won "because he was black," I have news for you. Obama was raised by his white mother and white grandmother, and his ideals are his by experience, not by his race. As for the middle name, anybody know what his father's name was? Barack Hussein Obama Sr. He got his middle name from his Kenyan father, not because of his religion.
I generally dislike doing this to people, but in this instance I must. Your statement shows absolutely no correlation with the fact that Barack Obama is an African American. It doesn't matter how he was raised, where he grew up, or what he thinks: Barack Obama is an African American and the clear fact is a huge number of voters voted for him simply for that reason (as sad and as petty of a reason as that is). I'm guessing this was bound to happen though, I mean look at the number of voters that were edging towards Hillary because she is a woman.

As an added tidbit I was searching around for Obama's speech on Youtube (my Tivo decided to fail) and came accross this:

http://littledemocrats.net/Obama.html

This is....a bit sick if you ask me...

Barack Obama is an African American and the clear fact is a huge number of voters voted for him simply for that reason

I've heard this assertion a lot, and I still don't believe it's accurate. I think that the historic nature of his candidacy helped to motivate and mobilize many of his supporters, but beyond the assertions from talking heads on news programs, I haven't seen any evidence that a significant portion of his supporters voted for him because he's black. I have seen the anecdotal evidence of clips of several people who say they would be voting for him because he’s black, but I have not seen any concrete, reliable, statistics that demonstrate these people are anything more than a small fringe of the overall vote.

As for the link you posted, there's much worse out there, for example this series of children's books:

Help! Mom! The 9th Circuit Nabbed the Nativity
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0976726920/vanguardoftherev

Help! Mom! There Are Liberals Under My Bed!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0976726904/vanguardoftherev

Help! Mom! Hollywood's in My Hamper!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0976726912/vanguardoftherev

Teehee, this is my new desktop background
MamaVotedObama5.jpg

I dont get whats so sick about it

Also, Mcain had congratulated Obama and did it in a sincere way of truth. Obama got(last I saw) 338 electoral votes. I personally hope that our new president was a good choice and eagerly await to see what Obama does.

As an added tidbit I was searching around for Obama's speech on Youtube (my Tivo decided to fail) and came accross this:

http://littledemocrats.net/Obama.html

This is....a bit sick if you ask me...

Heh heh heh. I think it's kind of cute. But at the same time slightly sick and kinda creepy. And this one I thought was just plain disrespectful: http://littledemocrats.net/images/MamaVotedObama12.jpg

It's propaganda, I suppose. What are we going to do about it?

You see, I love it how in that photo the mouse can be seen with a cleaning broom and McCain's lovely "No We Can't" red flag. He said nothing of the sort...but this is how the liberal publishers brainwash our children! :D :D :D

Yea, that's why it's sick, propaganda.

Back