• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Excite Truck

animaldude

Sage in Training
Excite Truck

Excite Truck lives up to its name but does it offer enough?

Before I get started I'd just like to say that I'll be reviewing differently... the review will go as followed:
Gameplay (out of 20)
Sound (out of 20)
Graphics
(out of 20)
Use of Wiimote (out of 20)
Lasting Appeal (out of 20)
You will soon realize why this game needs to be treated differently...

Summary
Excite Truck was one of three launch titles published by Nintendo. The design is fairly simplistic. When you turn the game on you will create your profile and then when you get to your profiles menu you will have to go through a tutorial that teaches you how to play the game. The tutorial does a pretty good job in teaching you how to play. When you complete the tutorial you will unlock the actual racing mode. The racing mode has two types of races. One is called "Excite" and the other is called "Super Excite". Very creative. In the excite mode there are 4 "cups" and in each cup there are 4 or 5 races. You have to beat the first cup to unlock the second cup and the second to unlock the third, et cet. You beat cups by reaching a certain number of "stars" in all the races. It's kind of complicated to explain but basically, the objective is to earn enough stars so you can beat the race even if you don't come in first. You get stars by crashing into other trucks, driving near trees, getting huge air, and by coming in first second third fourth or fifth place. If you come in sixth you get no points. The higher place you come in the more points you get. If you dont get enough points you have to try the race again. until you get enough points. At the end of the race you get a grade depending on how many points you got. If you get a C or below you didn't pass the race but if you get a B or higher you passed. There's also an S grade if you do really good. In order to unlock the "Super Excite" mode then you will have to get an S on every race in every cup.

Gameplay- Excite Truck really lives up to its name. It's exciting! Jumping off each hill and getting as much air as you can, driving close by the trees going as FAST as you possibly can without hitting them, destroying your opponents car without damaging your own, and even landing right infront of your oponents truck right before he crosses the finishline. In that way this game really delivers!
18/20

Sound
I haven't tried this yet but if you have an SD memory card you can put music on it and then if you have it in your wii while you are playing excite truck you can listen to your own music! But if you dont have a memory card or dont feel like listening to your own music the default music they have is very exciting!
19/20

Graphics
Beautifully done environments. I have to say that these graphics are one of the best i've seen on the wii yet!
20/20

Use of Wiimote
If you didn't already know, in this wii game you hold the wiimote sideways like a steering wheel and you actually turn the wiimote to steer. The controls are very responsive and very simple. 2 is to gas 1 is to brake/reverse and the d-pad is to turbo. This game is fun for everyone.
18/20

Lasting Appeal
I've created this section because this game needs to be punished for this. The multiplayer is only 2 players so the multiplayer doesnt have any real depth to it. Also, the excite mode goes really quickly and if you don't fell like unlocking the super excite mode then this game is very short and you can play through it in a day..
8/20

Overall
Dont have time now... later
82/100

Wow, you make Excite truck sound, well, exciting!:D the review is nicely done, but I hate the format of this review, and how the score is last. I think that only X-Play can do that well...(We give this one...........2 annoying dogs barking....out of 5...) But this has inspired me to add use of stylus or wiimote sections, and to possibly write a longer summary/overview for my reviews. I would add lasting appeal, but that's the same thing as replay value, which I include:p

Good review, now I have more ideas for my next review:) Thanks!!!:D

Coming Soon: Trauma Center Second Opinion review *will be out as soon as I at least get past chapter 5* I am currently stuck though
I am stuck because I accidentially keep hitting the core of the bomb with my laser, during the bomb mission, while trying to destroy the panels...

Wow, you make Excite truck sound, well, exciting!:D the review is nicely done, but I hate the format of this review, and how the score is last. I think that only X-Play can do that well...(We give this one...........2 annoying dogs barking....out of 5...) But this has inspired me to add use of stylus or wiimote sections, and to possibly write a longer summary/overview for my reviews. I would add lasting appeal, but that's the same thing as replay value, which I include:p

Good review, now I have more ideas for my next review:) Thanks!!!:D

Coming Soon: Trauma Center Second Opinion review *will be out as soon as I at least get past chapter 5* I am currently stuck though
I am stuck because I accidentially keep hitting the core of the bomb with my laser, during the bomb mission, while trying to destroy the panels...
Yeah, well if you read it you would understand why a game like this needs a long summary... Its complicated layout wise but simple control wise

Nice job, animal. Interesting layout.
Thanks for reading guys :)

Back