• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review F.e.a.r. (360)

diezoberflote

Loftwing
FEAR's basically awesome. Here's why:

Overview: You're part of a military team that deals with spooky paranormal stuff in a rather rough manner. fear stands for First Encounter Assualt Recon. this game is a horror FPS.

Graphics: 9.783425/10
GOOD: It's the 360, c'mon people. The presentation of this game is top notch. The enviromental lighting is wonderfully horrifying. All the colors and lights and shadows really burn themselves into your eyes as you play.
Textures are super, all the characters look and move realistically.
THE PARTICLE EFFECTS ARE AMAZING!!!!
BAD: If you have a standard definition TV, some of the text will be hard to read. Your eyes will ache after a while (especially if you play in in a totally dark room like I did...)

Sound: 9.5/10
GOOD: The voices of the enemies are chilling. All the weapon sounds have such force you'll shudder, and the music is wonderfully haunting. It's a horror game, so sound is IMPORTANT. Turn it UP so you can hear everything. It's intense.
BAD: Voices are tough to hear clearly, so adjust the audio settings.

Gameplay: 8.5/10
This game is for those looking for an intense action/horror experience.
Not for your casual gamer. Let me talk about this game's biggest attraction in my opinion: the combat.
This game's got the most particle effects of any game to date. When you shoot, there's sparks, smoke, shells, glass, bits a concrete, blood (A LOT of it), and booming sound. It's definitely much more intense then Call of Duty 2. The enemies have the most advanced AI system to date as well, making it even more realistic.
AND NOW, THE BAD NEWS...
The most noticable flaw in this game is how repetitive it is. The enviroments almost all look the same, almost ALL the enemies look and act the same, and you're rarely faced with any "interesting situations" like in Resident Evil 4.
Don't play it for long stretches, maybe an hour or two at most. Otherwise, you're head will start to hurt.
My last bit of advice, if you really want the full effect of how creepy this game is:
play it alone at night in the dark with the sound up!! It's FREAKY!!!

OVERALL: 8.75/10

What is your story rating? I saw an episode of Cheat! on it, and it looks freakin hard! O ya, who's the creepy girl,and why is she there? *shudder* she's creepier than the game itself

you guys are right, this game is difficult.
Quill, I don't think you should look at the difficulty in a bad way. You can change the settings if you like, but personally I love a good challenge. Games that are too easy are always worse in my opinion.

The story's awesome, I sorta forgot to talk about it, for fear of spoilers...hehe I'll give a basic premise.
Alma is the creepy little girl who has taken control of a battalion of elite soldiers using her psychic abilities. She also has Paxton Fettel on her side, a shadowy psychic as well. They take control of a huge aerospace compound for unknown reasons and you have to go investigate and stop them.
Her story and the way everything unfolds is great. Almost the entire storyline is told on eerie phone messages throughout the game, making it seem like you're actually solving it yourself.
The voices on the machines may be hard to hear so turn up them sets!

Back