• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Harvest Moon!

That and the fact that there are chapters that last for ten to twenty years each, and those are annoying, too. I must say, that was one of the ones I wasn't that great at. It seemed to limit you too much.

I used to play Animal Crossing for DS but it got so tedious doing the same thing every day exactly as I did in real life. It just got old.

Well, yesterday I bought the SNES version on the VC (along with Sin & Punishment). It's so simple that its even more addicting than some of the newer ones. I'm still waiting for the N64 version, it was one of the best versions, imo.

I think I'm going to do what you did, dakare, and buy harvest moon for the VC. I'm in the mood for an animal crossing type game and I have a lot of time on my hands this week.

You should. It's a great Harvest Moon game, but it is short compared to the others (only 2.5 years). It's also amusing to play this one after playing newer ones and seeing what they've continued and what they haven't.

I love Harvest Moon! It's so much fun...especially Rune Factory. I'm at level 79, in my second year, and I beat all of the caverns...Oh yeah, and I'm married to Sharron :)

Nice. I'm only level thirty-something, I've only beaten the second cave (fogot the name), and I'm wooing Rosetta. Only one more love point!

Haha, that's what happens with Harvest Moon. I'm already near the ned of Fall in the 2nd year. I've taken to chicken raising, where you breed the chickens, then sell 'em as soon as they get full grown.

Haha, that's what happens with Harvest Moon. I'm already near the ned of Fall in the 2nd year. I've taken to chicken raising, where you breed the chickens, then sell 'em as soon as they get full grown.
It's much better if you get a bunch of female chickens and sell off gold eggs. Of course it's also much harder.

In the original there are no golden eggs, and all the chickens are female. Also, the eggs sell for 50G, chickens cost 1000G, and sell for 500G. They take ten days to grow up. Much better pay-off.

In the original there are no golden eggs, and all the chickens are female. Also, the eggs sell for 50G, chickens cost 1000G, and sell for 500G. They take ten days to grow up. Much better pay-off.
Wait, you buy them for 1000G, wait 10 days, and sell them for 500G?

Here's the steps:
  1. Buy a chicken for 1000G
  2. Put it's first egg in the incubator
  3. Sell other eggs until
  4. 3 days later when the first egg hatchs, then put another egg in
  5. Wait 7 days for the chick to grow up
  6. Sell for 500G
  7. Repeat
Yeah, I forgot that part. The egg hatches after three days, the chick grows up in seven. That's where ten days comes from.

Wow my brother is stupid... he decided to stop playing because he finished it the first time through. Now he is all depressed because he finished and he doesn't think it will be as fun the second time around... lol

Back