• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Harvest Moon!

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
Official Harvest Moon thread! W00T! Talk about Harvest Moon here (including Rune Factory).

The original for the SNES came out today on the VC.

Who else plays Rune Factory? How far are you? I think I'm lvl 28, fall 14th of the first year, and in the third cave.

Is the SNES one worth buying? I have the GC one and I really like it, but the other ones mostly sucked.

The SNES version is pretty good. I played it once on an emulator that my brother has (I know, bad me). It's not as fancy as others, the only people you affect relationship-wise are the bachlorettes, it's all 2D, and there are a lot of other differences between the original and newer ones. I would say try it out, chances are you'll like it.

Harvest Moon I thought was ok. It's not my type of game though. But I do want to try Rune Factory. It's for DS right?

Yeah, it's for DS, and it is one of the better DS games I've played. It perfectly combines the RPG/moster taming aspects of games like that and the farming of Harvest Moon. You start playing and you get addicted.

Thanks. This game looks pretty good. I would rather play this than Harvest Moon because nothing exciting ever happens. You just work on a farm.

Thanks. This game looks pretty good. I would rather play this than Harvest Moon because nothing exciting ever happens. You just work on a farm.
Yeah, a lot of people say that. Is it so bad to have a relaxing game once in a while?

No, it's not so bad having a relaxing game. That's why I love this and Animal Crossing. Simple and relaxing games that are not just entirely mini/micro games. Collecting and such can be fun at times.

Well, I guess relaxing games can be fun. But most of the time, for me at least, there has to be a lot of action and a good plot. what's the plot in Harvest moon and in animal crossing besides trying to be successful in life?

Well, I guess relaxing games can be fun. But most of the time, for me at least, there has to be a lot of action and a good plot. what's the plot in Harvest moon and in animal crossing besides trying to be successful in life?
What's the plot in life? If it's "be succesful", you're shallow.

There really is no plot, just live and kill time.

The goals are numerous. Make money, woo a girl, upgrade your farm, become friends with people, unlock mysteries, etc. Harvest Moon is seriously one of the hardest games to be with 100% because there's so much to do.

Rune Factory does have a story line of sorts in that you unravel the mystery of the mysterious monster apperances. Other Harvest Moon games have it so after 300 days (original), or three years (N64 version), or any other set amount of time, your farm is evaluated. Others you just play to have fun. You can play a game without having to beat it, you know.

Of course I guess you could say you beat it after you get married, or after you've been profitable for awhile, or when you just get so much stuff there's nothing else to do. But it's mainly all in good fun.

That's what happened to me in Harvest Moon. I married the hardest girl to get, I have a kid, I'm rich beyond belief because of banana seeds, I have every building, a horse, a bunch of friends...*sigh*. It's only the 3rd year and the game got so boring.

Back