• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Hylian Loach

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
Well I know it isn't really an urgent help question but does anybody know how to catch the hylian loach? If so could you tell me? I want to try to catch it.

Ocarina of Time. You know I don't have Twilight Princess yet. Not until Christmas.

You have to run around the grass in the fishing hole area to find the sinking lure. Once you have that, you will be able to cast and catch ;).

Ok, on the subject of the sinking lure, I somehow haven't managed to be able to find it. Specifically, is it in the grass at the very edge, is it in the grass in the water, is it in the grass just outside the fishing hole, etc. I've checked everywhere, I just don't seem to be able to find it.

It's in either the grass on the perimiter, the small creak feeding into the pond, or that log that juts out of the pond.

Well I was able to find the lure but not when I saw the loach. Anyway, Versac, you should look around the crack in the wall where water comes in or in the rocks where the stream enters the pond.

how about the sinking lure in twilight princess?

also, how many fish do you have to catch and what are they before you can get the hylian loach.

i only have the ordan catfish, hylian pike, hylian bass, and the greengill.

You need to obtain a bass, Pike, and catfish. Once you have these three fish the lure will appear in the northwest cove near where you can find the bottle *near the sign about litter*. You'll have to fish for it, but it's pretty visable, unlike the bottle was in the smaller northern cove.

It is possible to catch the Loach with the frog lure in addition to the sinking lure, but it is vastly more difficult to establish a hold on the fish. The sinking lure has its own problems, though, as it will attract every fish in a wide area around the point of casting. Any other lure will simply not work.

Also, I believe the Loach only appears in the summer (when all the trees are green) and it's in the back of the lilypads in the north end of the pond. And I found it easier to get the sinking lure after getting the coral earing

It is possible to catch the Loach with the frog lure in addition to the sinking lure, but it is vastly more difficult to establish a hold on the fish. The sinking lure has its own problems, though, as it will attract every fish in a wide area around the point of casting. Any other lure will simply not work.

Also, I believe the Loach only appears in the summer (when all the trees are green) and it's in the back of the lilypads in the north end of the pond. And I found it easier to get the sinking lure after getting the coral earing

Okay, I'm sorry but if you look at the date differences of these two posts I'd seriously say that this thread needs to be locked. I'll admit though that Zerg makes a good point. I just wasn't able to go for the loach because my dumbass friend has been borrowing my game for what... 4 months now? and he still hasn't beaten it or at least hasn't gotten past the Lakebed temple. Now that scares me even if he does do other things.

It's OK Linkmaster, it's a 6 month rule :). That, and he added relevant information to the topic. Thanks for clarifying his information though, multiple views are generally the best way to accomplish things *or at least that's what this tray table card tells me*.

Haha sorry. Yea I noticed the date difference, but no one had said anything about the sinking lure or the season to catch the thing, so I felt it would help

Back