• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

KH2 Sephiroth FAQ

How hard was Sephiroth in KH 2?

• OMFG!!! He was SO annoying *twitching uncontrollably*

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He was pretty easy, not too hard...

• Are you kidding?!? He didn't even REMOTELY put up a fight...

• Total voters

UltimaLink007

Hope Never Dies
This Sephiroth FAQ is for people who were starting to get irritated at the sound of Sora dying. This FAQ might not work for everyone, so if it doesn't, GET OVER IT!

Recommended Abilities -
Berserk Charge - 5 AP - During MP charge, strength increases, and combo is continuous, meaning that the finishing move never comes, so you keep attacking until your opponent does something about it. VERY helpful when dealing damage, pairs well with the Trinity Limit (Trinity Limit uses all MP, after that, Berserk like there's no tomorrow)

Trinity Limit - 5 AP - Since you have no friends in this battle, you teleport to Sephiroth, and start smacking him around with your weapon, inflicting a lot of damage. This also knocks him back, allowing time for a combo or two, or a lot of damage with berserk charge

Aerial Dodge - 3 AP - Obtained from lvling up master form, allows you to do a double jump, which is useful when he knocks you into the air, or is using Meteo

Glide - 3 AP - Obtained from lvling up final form, lets you fly! Helps dodge some of Sephiroth's attacks...Mostly Meteo... :D

Second Chance AND Once More - 4 AP each - These will save your sorry butt if Sephiroth opens a can of ownage on you, and starts to combo like there is no tomorrow, They themselves leave 1 hp if a devastating combo is unleashed, or if you take massive damage

Explosion - 3 AP - finishing move that makes 3 balls orbit around you, taking care of those pesky dark balls, and these help inflict a lot of damage on Sephiroth, plus it's a cool looking finishing move, what could be better? :p

Guard Break - 3 AP - Finishing move that pierces the enemy's guard, does a lot of damage, and well....looks really cool.

Finishing Plus - 5 AP - Allows you to use successive finishing moves, and is useful when combining Explosion with Guard Break, otherwise you wouldn't be able to use those in the same combo. This allows the player to deal MAXIMUM damage by doubling the finishing moves.

Aerial Sweep/Spiral/Finish - 2, 2, 3 AP - This allows you to unleash devastating air combos, spiral into the air, and then unleashing a great amount of damage on an opponent. Also helps interrupt Heartless Angel, now THAT'S priceless

Recommended Keyblades -
Ultima Weapon - str 6, mag 4 - MP Hastega - MP is a huge part of this battle, charging it quickly is good, also, It's the best keyblade overall, and the best you can possably have up to this point.

Fatal Crest - str 3, mag 5 - Berserk Charge - while your MP is gone, if Sephie attacks, use this to unleash a world of hurt on him (ability is above,do not choose if you can equip ability!)

Decisive Pumpkin - 6 str, 1 mag - Combo Boost - powers up combos, which you'll be using quite a bit, the low magic bonus doesn't really matter.

Sleeping Lion - str 5, mag 3 - Combo Plus - adds 1 hit to ground combos, and the str bonus is good, but not as good as other possible keyblade choices.

Oblivion - str 6, mag 2 - Drive boost - during MP charge, drive form increases more (drives can't be used, but summons use the drive guage!)

Rumbling Rose - str 5, mag 0 - Finishing Plus - allows user to unleash successive finishing blows to an opponent, dealing massive damage. (Yes the magic is 0, but the only magics you might be using are Reflega and Curaga)

Recommended Items -
Elixers...yeaaaahhhh.......these are a must. I only had 3, and I used all of them, 2 of which I needed for Heartless Angel...

Hi-Potions - If you have MP Rage(s) equipped, use a Hi-Potion, and if he hits you, hopefully you'll gain enough MP to cure, but elixers (as we all know are MUCH better)

Equipped Stuff -
Have the following things on the shortcut menu:
Elixers - Why do ya think?!?
(insert item/Magic here?)
Reflega - deflects the dark ball thingies, and good in a pinch for Sephiroth's sword combos
Curaga - YOU WILL NEED HEALING!!! resort to the elixers and hi-potions WHENEVER POSSIBLE, YOU NEED ALL OF YOUR MP!!!

Why battle Sephiroth?
When you beat Sephiroth, you get an extra cut-scene with Tifa, Cloud, and Sephiroth, after which you get a new keyblade. (Fenrir - 7 str, 1 mag - Negative combo) Also, you can't beat the game with 100% without doing this, which is hard enough already...

Sephiroth's Moves -
Sephiroth has quite the arsenal of moves, most of which are dodgeable or can be easily countered. If you know HOW...That's why I'M here. :)

Cut Combo -
Frequency: common
Damage: Medium - Extreme
Sephiroth's most frequent attack, 7 forward slashes. This doesn't sound deadly, but with Sephiroth's strength and reach, it is a freaking pain. This attack can deal a lot of damage if you're hit by it, so dodge whenever possible,by running away, or jumping over him unatil he's done; or guard if you think you can get lucky. And dodge meaning...STAY THE HECK AWAY!!! If you're anywhere near him, he will hit you!!!

Aerial Cut Combo -
Frequency: Common - Uncommon
Damage: Depends on how fast you counter
He teleports behind you and knocks you into the air. This COULD be avoided by jumping before he does, but that's boring. Let him knock you flying, and using the Aerial dodge ability, jump quickly as he reappears, and start the smacking, once the combo ends...continue...yeah.....

Moving Cut -
Frequency: Uncommon - Rare (only near end of fight)
Damage: about 1/7 to 1/8 of your health bar
Runs around to your side and hits you with a quick slash. Doesn't do too much, but can be used in succession, which can be deadly if not stopped. He usually uses it after Shadow Flare...and while he attacks you, you can't touch the balls, and when they close in on you...to prevent this, repeatedly use reflega when he starts this combination of attacks, and hope your MP lasts. After it's done, start beating him senseless with your keyblade.

Flash -
Frequency: Common - Uncommon
Damage: Pretty much your whole healthbar, leaving about 1/8 left over
He starts the battle up with this, and uses it once in a while. A reaction comand pops up, saying block. if you don't you take ALOTTA damage. this attack is coming when the sky darkens...yeah, it can be annoying, but it's so easy to block. YOU CAN'T BLOCK IT WHILE IN THE AIR!!! This attack leaves him wide open after you block, so immediately lock-on, and LET HIM HAVE 'IT'!!!

Shadow Flare -
Frequency: Uncommon
Damage: None - High
He says "Give in to the darkness". before he summons these things. They are shiny dark balls. If they hit you, it will hurt. either kill them all (one hit per) or use reflega. He tries to sneak in a moving cut once in a while, or a few moving cuts, so be prepared. Sometimes, he'll combo it with Firaga Wall.

Firaga Wall -
Frequency: Common near the end of the battle
Damage: If you're caught: Extreme
He simply says "Perish". He holds up his arm, and huge fire towers spring up from the ground, and try to pull sora in. If you're caught, well, let's focus on NOT getting caught. to do that, simply jump, glide, etc. away from sephiroth. This, like Meteo, is free time to let your MP charge. But if you ARE caught...I don't really know, because I never GOT caught in them...

Meteo -
Frequency: Uncommon (only uses when he has 2 or less health bars)
Damage: none - you're dead
He says something and rises up on the side of the field opposite you, and tons of meteors rain down, and try to pummel you out of existance. Oh my f****** god! It's Sephiroth's legendary attack! I'm screwed!!! Nope, just double jump and glide, double jump and glide, repeat this until he stops. Think of it as free time to recharge MP. When he's done, go and smack him around a few times. Unless he teleports, or attacks. Then parry or dodge or run away at will.

Heartless Angel -
Frequency: Uncommon, uses it after four health bars are gone
Damage: Brings hp to 1, and MP to 0
THIS IS SEPHIROTH'S ULTIMATE ATTACK. That meteor shower is nothing compared to this. He rises up somewhere and says "Sin...Heartless Angel". If you let him say it, you'll have one health, and no MP to cure. That's what elixers are for. If you hear this you have 2 options: set your item on elixer, use right after his attack, or hit him before he finishes, leaving him wide open for some big hurt. After this, he always follows up with Flash, so be ready to hit triangle after he does it. This is what I did: Sephiroth atacks, *already on elixer, Sora* hit x to use elixer, immediately hit triangle to counter.

Sephiroth Battle -
Go to Hollow Bastion, (now Radiant Garden) and go to the Bailey. Now, go to where you fought Demyx (Castle Gates), and continue through the ravine trail to the crystal fissure. equip whatever abilities and items you will be using, and then SAVE YOUR GAME!!! Continue to the Great Maw, and through to the Dark Depths. Go up a short hill, and you see Sephiroth looking out into the distance (at the castle?). Go up, and use the 'approach' reaction command. Let's go. *cut-scene spoilers*

Sephiroth: What's Cloud doing?

Sora: Beats me...

Sephiroth: Hmph... By the way... *turns around and points sword at party* *party jumps back, weapons drawn* Who are you?

Goofy: I'm not sure we should tell ya'

Sephiroth: Well... That's an interesting sword you're carrying.....

Donald: It's the Keyblade!!!

Sephiroth: I see... so THAT'S a keyblade... *to Sora* And I suppose you must be it's chosen wielder.

Sora: So what if I am?

Sephiroth: *One-Winged angel starts* I wonder if it won't change it's mind...*raises sword* Once I
defeat you...

Now here's the REAL battle. You'd better be ready...but isn't that what I JUST TOLD YOU?!? Sephiroth is immune to all attack magic, and you can't use drive forms, but you can still use summons. I didn't but if you're good with them, use them. Anyway, he always starts the battle the same way, no matter how many times you die. He will say "show me your strength", and then the battle'll start with flash, quickly press trinagle to counter. While you block the attack, quickly lock-on to him. He is standing right next to you, all wide open, use a trinity limit, and Break as much as possible. Then, with your MP gone, go berserk on him. This deals a ton of damage, knocking him down 2 - 3.5 health bars if it works. If you did the minimum damage, he will teleport and either use a cut combo, or an aerial cut combo. If he does a cut combo, get away from him, and when he's done, get in a trinity limit if possible, otherwise go berserk on him. Watch out, for the periodic Flash move, which you must be on the ground in order to counter. After about four health bars, He will start to use Shadow flare, which you should counter, by either attacking the balls, or using reflega if you have MP. This move isn't hard to beat, it IS annoying when he combos it with Firaga Wall... or moving cuts. His attacks get quicker, and he pulls a lot more moves in a shorter amount of time. He starts using Firaga wall, so run away and dodge as necessary, and have a nice, cool, trinity limit ready for him as he gets out of the fire. He also starts to use his most devastating attack, Heartless Angel. When he does this, he teleports to the other side of the field, rises up and says "Sin.....Heartless Angel" After which, a Halo appears above Sora's head, bringing HP to 1, and MP to 0. If you can, knock him out of the air, BEFORE he finishes the spellcasting, and while in midair, go for a trinity limit, and then berserk. If you can't stop it, ready an elixer, and as soon as the damage hits, use it, and prepare to hit triangle, for when he pulls it off, he always follows up with flash, so if you don't use the elixer, that will spell certain death. He will attack, you will counter/block/run away, and this will go on, until you deal enough damage to get him down to four health bars, where the battle will have a 1.5 second pause for Sephiroth to wrap himself in darkness, making himself more powerful, and faster. He will use Firaga Towers more commonly, and, well...don't get caught in them. Only use one more trinity limit at this time, otherwise if he has no health when you have no MP, you will never finish him. At two or less health bars, Sephiroth will use Meteo. He teleports to the other side of the field, and rises up like Heartless Angle, but instead of killing you, he summons a meteor shower to annihilate you. YAY! Free time to charge my MP! :) As soon as he starts, double jump, and glide either left or right to dodge the meteors. When you start geting a little close to the edge of the field, quickly double jump again, and glide to the opposite direction. Since you're at this point not using trinity limit anymore, let him have it, and dodge/evade/avoid/stay the hell away from his attacks. once he has no health, you need a finishing move of a combo to win, and THIS IS WHY YOU DON'T USE TRINITY LIMIT!!! TL takes your MP, and berserk charge is only activated while you MP Charge. If you berserk, you have no finishing combo, meaning you can't win! Land that finishing move, then crack open a cold one. YOU BEAT SEPHIROTH!!!

There are MANY other ways to beat him, and this is just one of them, and if YOU don't like my tactics, go write your OWN FAQ YOU LAZY COMPLAINING BUM! :p

I hate text limits...I will edit and add more details later, but could a mod please move this to right after the first post? Thanks.

...Nice FAQ ^_^
I didnt read it because i dont want to spoil anything but i will when im at this part in the game :)

Well, this isn't spoiler-free, so that's probably the best hing to do. Then again, the people who read this, without having anything spoiled, probably already beat Sephiroth, and are seeing if my review would be accurate...

I am now in KH 2 lvl 99, with all of my drives up to lvl 7. This would have been really helpful when I needed to fight Sephiroth.....

Back