• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Kingdom Hearts 2

IHeartNJ

Loftwing
Kingdom Hearts 2= WOONDABA!

Basically, its a continuation of the previous storyline, with some new characters and new storylines.

Graphics: 9/10. they can be a little unclear but overall they are abfab.

Voice Acting: 7/10. I feel that a lot of the voice actors could be wayyy better. Sora() and Kairi(Hadyen Patener), Axel, Pete, and of course Donald and Goofy are all very good. And most of the main characters are (King Mickey, Queen Mickey, Ansem, etc.) but they use different people for the movie characters, such as the Pirates of the Carribbean level. Even the Coliseum voice actors fell flat, Meg and Herc just don't have enough feeling to get you involved in their plot. In the Pirates level, they used diffferent actors than the ones in the movies. So, if you expect the game to be just as good as the movie, you're dissapointed.

Music: 10/10. I LOVE THE MUSIC. nuff said.

Gameplay: 8/10. Pretty good. I hardly ever use magic tho, so it's basically just pressing X over and over again. But the newly added Reaction commands (triangle button) are awesome. Also, the interduction of a Drive Gauge, which i won't reveal for you, is cool. But, this game isn't extremely challenging like the last one. I HAVENT DIED ONCE YET! and thats a freaking mazing for me! But it's still fun.

Story: 9/10. GREAT. Similar to last one but with a few bonus additions. The new levels are also interesting.

OVERALL: 9/10

How can you complain about Sound and Music in this game? HOW? KH2 got both Best Music and Best Voice Acting at this years G-Phoria. It would have gotten best RPG if not for 10 LAZY FANS OF KH2.

i was thinking about buying this game the other day and i would have wrote a review about this but i am saving money for the wii so i couldnt spend 50 dollars but i bought mario hoops instead and wrote a review about that :) anyway great review!

p.s the used version at eb games cost more money than mario hoops.
eb games! you've earned your way off my signature!

How can you complain about Sound and Music in this game? HOW? KH2 got both Best Music and Best Voice Acting at this years G-Phoria. It would have gotten best RPG if not for 10 LAZY FANS OF KH2.

I wasn't really complaining about the sound quality or the music. I LOVE the music. I was talking more aout the voice acting. I'll edit.

I've been playing the game again, with a brand-spankin new file, and I decided to rate the game myself.

Music - 10: Music is out of this world (and maybe a few others as well)

Voice Acting - 9: I liked the voice acting, and even though they didn't use all of the voices from the movies, I think that in the cutscenes with V.A., it rocked

Graphics - 10: You just can't complain about the animations. The cutscenes (even non-voice scenes) are awesome, you have to love the world design, and I finde they used a great theme, somewhat darker and more mature, but still with the childish charm that attracted me to the games.

Gameplay - 9: It had lots of new features that tied into the original formula of the game, plus updating the magic system (falls flat on healing system though, as it cost all of your MP to heal) and the summon system.

Story - 9.5: I couldn't keep guessing with this one. First you play as some guy named Roxas, but after your done with his tutorial, you start your journey. Only complaint is that the tutorial is TOO DAMN LONG. In my first run through it took me 4 HOURS to finish.

Overall - 9.5: Gameplay felt like they just through in some bonus features with the Triangle Button (Seriously, in one battle you have to defeat 1000 enemies, and I did it in 5 Minutes just using the Triangle Button, which I believe was just a bad imitation of God of War). If you have the first Kingdom Hearts, chances are you already have beaten this game. If you like Final Fantasy, God of War, or just watching a duck fry millions of baddies, buy this game.

Back