• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Led Zeppelin Vs. the Beatles

Which band is better?

• The Beatles

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Led Zeppelin

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

teh hippie

Loftwing
as everyone knows, there have been many fights that originate from Zeppelin's greatness, and im here to start another one. recently ive been seeking an answer to this question. The Beatles are considered the band who invented rock, but did they have all the skill that everyone claims they have? heres my take on this: Led zeppelin definitely had the skill of the two bands, but the beatles were the ones that broke through the wave of crappy 60's pop by writing their own songs and create rock on a larger scale. However, led Zeppelin took rock to another level. Plus, their skill is superior to the beatles. Lets do a comparison:

Singers:
John Lennon Vs. Robert Plant- this is the most disputed because lennon also played guitar and is said to be better by some but worse by others...
I'll have make this a tie.

Guitarists:
Paul McCartney Vs. Jimmy Page- Page could beat Paul McCartney with his eyes closed... literally. listen to any two songs by each band and the winner is clear. McCartney may have played out there chords, but plant played his solos so much better than McCartney. This one goes to Page.

Bassists:
George Harrison Vs. John Paul Jones- This is more complicated because the bassist has to be solid with the drummer. Harrison was solid, but what he was playing was not as complicated but jones' music was more complex ansd he still maintained solidity. This goes to Jones.

Drummers:
Ringo Starr Vs. John Bonham- This ones obvious. You could play drums for a year and play most of ringo's parts. they wont be as smooth, granted, but you could play it. John Bonham is basically considered the god of drumming, and his parts take much more skill than anything Starr ever played. John Bonham wins, and if u disagree i will beat u down with some drumsticks.

Im not saying that the beatles suck, they are one of my obsessions along with zep, but all im saying is that zeppelin wins by a hair because of their skill

LET THE ARGUMENT BEGIN!!!!!!!

I'd have to say Led Zeppelin is better but only because Led Zeppelin is much harder rock than the Beatles, and I'm much more into hard rock and heavy metal than pop music. But I do still enjoy listening to Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds or Yellow Submarine every once in a while.

as everyone knows, there have been many fights that originate from Zeppelin's greatness, and im here to start another one. recently ive been seeking an answer to this question. The Beatles are considered the band who invented rock, but did they have all the skill that everyone claims they have? heres my take on this: Led zeppelin definitely had the skill of the two bands, but the beatles were the ones that broke through the wave of crappy 60's pop by writing their own songs and create rock on a larger scale. However, led Zeppelin took rock to another level. Plus, their skill is superior to the beatles. Lets do a comparison:

Singers:
John Lennon Vs. Jimmy Page- this is the most disputed because lennon also played guitar and is said to be better by some but worse by others...
I'll have to give this one to

Guitarists:
Paul McCartney Vs. Robert Plant- Plant could beat Paul McCartney with his eyes closed... literally. listen to any two songs by each band and the winner is clear. McCartney may have played out there chords, but plant played his solos so much better than McCartney. This one goes to Plant.

Bassists:
George Harrison Vs. John Paul Jones- This is more complicated because the bassist has to be solid with the drummer. Harrison was solid, but what he was playing was not as complicated but jones' music was more complex ansd he still maintained solidity. This goes to Jones.

Drummers:
Ringo Starr Vs. John Bonham- This ones obvious. You could play drums for a year and play most of ringo's parts. they wont be as smooth, granted, but you could play it. John Bonham is basically considered the god of drumming, and his parts take much more skill than anything Starr ever played. John Bonham wins, and if u disagree i will beat u down with some drumsticks.

Im not saying that the beatles suck, they are one of my obsessions along with zep, but all im saying is that zeppelin wins by a hair because of their skill

LET THE ARGUMENT BEGIN!!!!!!!
Some correctıons: Jimmy Page ıs the guitarist, although he sang in hıs older bands.

Robert Plant is the singer but he plays pretty sick guitar.

Other than that you've got it right.

I think it all goes to Led Zeppelin, although the Beatles are a great band. I'm not putting them down. They do write amazing songs and they are an awesome group, but Led Zeppelin does own them.

I only like 7 or 8 Led Zeppelin songs while there are entire Beatles albums that I enjoy every song of. Also, the Beatles made 13 albums in about five years while Led Zeppelin had 9 studio albums in 12 years.

I only like 7 or 8 Led Zeppelin songs while there are entire Beatles albums that I enjoy every song of. Also, the Beatles made 13 albums in about five years while Led Zeppelin had 9 studio albums in 12 years.
Yeah but Led Zeppelin's were better.

I have to say I'm increadibly partial to the Beatles here. Some of Paul McCartney's and John Lennon's songs are just spectacular. Every song I like of the Beatles over all the songs they've made to all the songs of Led Zeppelin that I like over all of their songs, Led Zeppelin's music would reduce to a much larger fraction.

Zeppelin is fine, but the Beatles are, well, THE BEATLES! All the time, people mix up Zeppelin with ACDC. I HATE IT WHEN THEY DO THAT! They are sooo not the same. But the Beatles were really something. I mean, how many times were women chased around by cops at LZ concerts? Ha! I watched this documentary with my mom (yeah, that's right!) about the Beatles, and it showed these women trying to get closer to the Beatles during performances and being chased away by security. I don't get it, though. Sure, they made music, but it wasn't really that special. It was nice music, but it wasn't anything unusual or exotic. They weren't beautiful or anything (well, my mom disagrees with me there). So what made them so famous? I guess it's because they were British. Too bad there are only two of them left now. Lennon got shot by a deranged anarchist (well, I don't know about that, but it seemed to happen to many of our past US presidents) and George Harrison died of throat cancer. Paul still makes lots of money and albums, and no one knows exactly what Ringo is doing. Or do they? I'll never know. Or will I?

Zeppelin is fine, but the Beatles are, well, THE BEATLES! All the time, people mix up Zeppelin with ACDC. I HATE IT WHEN THEY DO THAT! They are sooo not the same. But the Beatles were really something. I mean, how many times were women chased around by cops at LZ concerts? Ha! I watched this documentary with my mom (yeah, that's right!) about the Beatles, and it showed these women trying to get closer to the Beatles during performances and being chased away by security. I don't get it, though. Sure, they made music, but it wasn't really that special. It was nice music, but it wasn't anything unusual or exotic. They weren't beautiful or anything (well, my mom disagrees with me there). So what made them so famous? I guess it's because they were British. Too bad there are only two of them left now. Lennon got shot by a deranged anarchist (well, I don't know about that, but it seemed to happen to many of our past US presidents) and George Harrison died of throat cancer. Paul still makes lots of money and albums, and no one knows exactly what Ringo is doing. Or do they? I'll never know. Or will I?
led zeppelin went for motor cycle rides in HOTELS!!! they also consumed 200 drinks in one night. and u cant argue with stairway. the best thing that came out of anything beatles related was ringos son, zak starkey, who is playing with the who on their revival tour. but i always did like cant buy me love...

If you're gonna rate a band by the amount of women chasing them on stage the Rolling Stones and the Doors are waaaaaaaaay ahead of the Beatles. And if you see another person mix up Zeppelin with AC/DC you just go right ahead and impale them for me.

led zeppelin went for motor cycle rides in HOTELS!!! they also consumed 200 drinks in one night. and u cant argue with stairway. the best thing that came out of anything beatles related was ringos son, zak starkey, who is playing with the who on their revival tour. but i always did like cant buy me love...

That sounds dangerous (the part about the motorcycles). As for the drinking, *PUKE!!!* Yeah, Stairway to Heaven<3!!!!

And yoyolll, you're supposed to be banned. I don't want to talk to you. Just kidding (partially). Buuuuut... The Rolling Stones are apparently still something. My mom was like "omigoshomigoshomigosh!" when Mick Jagger did the super bowl thing. I was like, "Mom, it's just an old guy wearing tight pants." Seriously, ew.

=] (wow I haven't smiled in quite some time)

evry woman that lived through the 70's want to bang mick jagger and jim morrison. if they were around in the 60's, then they also wanna hit jimi hendrix like an 18 wheeler. and drinking 200 drinks in one night is but can you do it? no u cant, cuz ur not led zeppelin...BURN!!!

Well, my mom is pretty old.
Ok, you're scaring me now, seriously...
Why don't you ever come into the chat room?
And Jimi Hendrix ate guitars. Who doesn't love that? (ok, a bit much there)

my computer s me... so i cant go into chats. and hendrix didnt eat guitars, he played em with his teeth, then lit them on fire!!!

Then hitchhike (you know what I mean)!!! And I think that Jimi Hendrix always wanted to eat a guitar, but the best he could do was play with his teeth. You know, that would hurt a lot. Like, seriously! Ever tried flossing your teeth with a broken guitar string?

Whatever. Beatles <3 !!!

Then hitchhike (you know what I mean)!!! And I think that Jimi Hendrix always wanted to eat a guitar, but the best he could do was play with his teeth. You know, that would hurt a lot. Like, seriously! Ever tried flossing your teeth with a broken guitar string?

Whatever. Beatles <3 !!!
How much would it suck if that string just broke while he was doing that? I'm sure it's happened while he was practicing it.
evry woman that lived through the 70's want to bang mick jagger and jim morrison. if they were around in the 60's, then they also wanna hit jimi hendrix like an 18 wheeler. and drinking 200 drinks in one night is but can you do it? no u cant, cuz ur not led zeppelin...BURN!!!
Very very true.

No comment. And wait a minute. You're supposed to be banned again. How on earth do you keep returning from the dead? That is a mystery of the universe.

I'm as invincible as the Beatles and Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones and the Doors and the Who and all others of the golden age of music because even though they are slowly dying one by one they will forever live in our hearts and iPods and windows media players and CDs and whatnot.

the beatles werent partiers. zeppelin were. the who were. the doors were. hendrix was. the beatles got all those stupid 13 yr olds that would just be wrong to bang. also, their songs werent as awesome. dont argue with fool in the rain cuz if u do ur a moron, which u are

Oh my goodness. How many times have we been over this? I'm a moron! (and it's your fault, too)
And you know what? People who party stink. "Banging" is ridiculous, plus it is completely irrelevant to the music they produced. Well, I guess I shouldn't say that, but whatever.

BEATLES MAN, BEATLES!!!

Back