• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Ledger v Nicholson

Whose Better?

• Ledger

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Nicholson

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

i am a teddy

Graverobber
Whose the better joker?

My parents say Nicholson was far more creepier than Ledger. What's your opinion?

On a side note *Ledger DOESN'T deserve an Oscar*

Ledger, because Ledger actually made the Joker role be what it was supposed to be; a sociopath for the reason of being a sociopath.

On a side note *Ledger DOES deserve an Oscar*

Definitely definitely definitely Nicholson. I mean he was AMAZING. He was the perfect character in a classic Batman movie.

Here's another one: Ledger as the Joker or Schwarzenegger as Mr.Freeze? (Extremely rhetorical) (Extremely).

The only reason this one was so well received is because people love Heath Ledger (by people I mean mostly girls) and most of the audience aren't true Batman fans. I don't care how stupid it sounds, I am a true Batman fan. I love the original cartoon, the really old movies, and the not so old movies. However, I can't say I enjoyed Batman Begins. There was not enough action or mystery (like the classic Batman moves, Forever, Returns) and some original Batman concepts were ruined. The bad guy wasn't nearly as cool either.

An important note: wasn't Nicholson the Riddler? They're different. The Riddler's funnier.

And about the whole Ledger-Oscar thing: it's because he's dead. This has happened before to numerous others.

Edit:Thanks, Dakare. Ok, so the Riddler and Two Face were in Batman Forever, the Joker was the first Batman in 1989. Batman Returns was the Penguin (also an awesome villain) and Mr.Freeze was the villain in Batman & Robin.

No, Nicholson was the Joker. Jim Carrey was the Riddler. And Tommy Lee Jones was Two-face.

That being said, Nicholson has my for now. He was amazing. And I only say for now because I have not seen The Dark Knight yet. But my guess is I'll still like Nicholson more.

It has to be Ledger. Ledger made u seriously just want to get up out of ur seat and punch him in the face if u had the chance. Just his mannerisms and they way he nailed the Jokers character. Ledger also made it really seem like Ra's was right in Batman Begins.

No, Nicholson was the Joker. Jim Carrey was the Riddler. And Tommy Lee Jones was Two-face.

That being said, Nicholson has my for now. He was amazing. And I only say for now because I have not seen The Dark Knight yet. But my guess is I'll still like Nicholson more.
You will.

And Jim Carrey was amazing, in that case.

So my friends, not the question begs to be asked...
Who actually saw Jack Nicholson except Dakara and yoyolll? Cause if you didn't, and picked Ledger, Imma beat ya down with my ROD!!! o.o

And Jim Carrey was amazing, in that case.
Yeah, Jim Carrey brought the kind of insanity only the Riddler could provide.

Kinda like how Ledger brought forth the insanity only the Joker could provide.

As for Batman Begins, I'm not saying it's better than the old movies. I'm just saying I like Ledger's insane performance better than I liked Nicholson's.

So my friends, not the question begs to be asked...
Who actually saw Jack Nicholson except Dakara and yoyolll? Cause if you didn't, and picked Ledger, Imma beat ya down with my ROD!!! o.o
That's pretty much what everyone's doing. Because everyone loves Ledger. God, I hate him.

i saw both of the choices in their roles and i say ledger because he really was in that perfect zone of screwed up

I think it all depends what your looking for.

if you want creepy and scary, ledger is your man

but if you liked funny and creepy, you'll probably like nicholson

Jack was a Joker in the funny way, like he used pranks and jokes while Heath was mentally unstable and freaky. They each played the role the way they thought it was meant to be, so it really just depends on your preference. (sorry about my terrible grammar)

Yeah, he was pretty talented. Why is he dead though? I mean, I know it was suicide but why did he do it?
Accidental overdose of sleeping pills he was taking as a result of insomnia from playing the role of the Joker.

As for the debate, I think it really depends on whether you want a funny, smart villain who pulls it off with style or a psychotic madman who seems to just manage to make things work despite all odds. Personally, I generally prefer the former, but Ledger's performance was pretty much flawless. I'd have to go with the Dark Knight Joker.

I really caught in between the two, but my love for heath ledger is probably me biased. However, on the topic of other villians, i particularly loved the Riddler

Back