• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Mario Hoops 3 on 3

animaldude

Sage in Training
Well all i'm gonna talk about is the tourney mode but just to give you an idea of the game setup there are 4 things to do on the main menu. You can do chalenges which is basically practice. Then there's tourneymode which ill get to later. Then there is exhibition mode which is basicaly a match and then there is matchup mode which is for playing against friends. This really stinks because there is no wi-fi which would have been an excelllent addition. It also stnks because download play doesn't let you do anything. If you have two cards thats the only way to have some real fun.

Tourney mode is basically the whole thing. It sounds just as it is because its a series of 4 tournaments and when u beat each tournament you unlock a new character or 2. When you beat the 4th tournament a big ship comes flying over your head and you can guess who jumps out and steels your trophey...

White Mage, Blackmage, and Ninja....

When you beat them (which is really hard)... you unlock ninja and a new hard version of tourney mode. I havent beaten the hard version yet but i assume you unlock white mage and blackmage along the way.

Some of the Characters that are included are peach,mario,yoshi,luigi,ninja,whitemage,blackmage,daisy,wario,waluigi,bowser,bowser jr,paratroopa,donkey kong,diddy kong, dixie kong, and several more tht i havent unlocked yet.

The gameplay looks complicated to start out and hard to remember but its really turns out to be fun. What you do is run around with the ball and dribble on top of squares that are scattered around the court. When you dribble on the boxes you get coins. The more coins you have when you score a basket the more points you get. It isnt uncommon to lose or win by 200-400 points. The lowest amount of points you can score it 20 points and the highest you can score in one basket is 120 points.

To steal the ball you use the stylus and swipe it down and to shoot you swipe it up. To block a shot or pass u hold down the stylus and to pass you swipe your stylus left of right.

When you pick your team you basically have all your characters standing on a basketball field and you drag them into a hoop and you pick 3 players obviously.

Finally, the way you hold ur ds is simple because all you do is hold the ds with your left hand and use the left side of the ds to move your guy around and u use the L trigger to switch characters. Then you do the rest with your stylus.

Grrr... the demos from the main menu screen go on way to fast.

My ratings will be on the next post.

I bet in hard mode, you unlock White Mage, Black Mage, Cactuar and Moogle, as I read in a preview for it theat they would be unlockable.

Back