• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Metroid Prime 3 story line

yoyolll

Conspiracy Theorist
I don't know why everyone thought the story line of MP3 was so damn good. Maybe because it was actually long enough to make you think about it.

I thought the first Metroid Prime had a much better story line, especially if you read all the chozo lore and the space pirate logs.

And what should've happened in Metroid Prime 3 (and don't tell me no one else thought this would happen) is the phazon troops should've all started to turn and attack the federation (or whatever it was called), and the space pirates should've been more of a secondary enemy in the game.

I really didn't think it had a great storyline. It seemed more like they concentrated on the gameplay, then in the last month of development thought "Oh, poop, we need a storyline". And then the lore in this one didn't seem to be as good, the world didn't seem to be as open, etc. I think that all contributed to it being a bad story.

I have to agree. The story of MP3 is rather bland for a Metroid Game, but the Gameplay is so phenomonal that you almost don't notice.

Metroid games generally do not have a story. The first Metroid game to have a story after the opening cutscene was Prime 1 :). However, I must agree the MP3 story was a bit lackluster. I really enjoyed the way in which Retro created a story that went really deep and could be intemperated in several separate ways as they had done with 1 and 2. Three was an OK story, although it left little room for interpretation.

Just an add-in though, just hearing the word damm in a Nintendo produced game made me stop and think for a moment, lol :D.

Back