• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Metroid Prime 3

yoyolll

Conspiracy Theorist
I bought the game today and I'm stuck already. I can't get past the Grand Court in Bryyo, where there's that unpowered golem that needs an arm cannon upgrade to power and you need the grapple beam to get out.

Help, anyone?

Edit: Nvm, I got out. Anyway, how many people got it on the first day? I was surprised there were so many in stock.

I got it today a little after noon. Great game, better than both existing Primes so far. I had a preorder though, and there was a slow yet steady flow of people into the EB Games.

I think Metroid Prime 1 was just better overall, but there are lots of cool things in this like the bombing runs and the grapple lasso. It had what prime 1 was missing plus all the stuff it had, but prime 1 just gave a better overall experience.

Also, the EbGames I went to (or maybe it was GameStop, what's the difference?) didn't have a line or anything. Maybe it just picked up during the afternoon?

I got mine in the morning, pre-order receipt in hand :). I must say, Corruption seems to have a huge number of little shocking elements and features to throw at you *and an incredibly evil boss battle in the first seed...ugh....* Thus far, apparently no one on my friends list has activated WC24 in their game yet, so I can't send friend vouchers in hopes of receiving some *to unlock things like that nifty screenshot function.*

I walked in and the guy knew that I was picking it up... Weird.

I ended up beating that first seed with three energy tanks. Shocking I know, but it took me several tries, and I didn't know where to get a fourth. I just beat
Gohr
and quit for the night.

I got mine in the morning, pre-order receipt in hand :). I must say, Corruption seems to have a huge number of little shocking elements and features to throw at you *and an incredibly evil boss battle in the first seed...ugh....* Thus far, apparently no one on my friends list has activated WC24 in their game yet, so I can't send friend vouchers in hopes of receiving some *to unlock things like that nifty screenshot function.*
I activated mine already, and sent you a voucher. Odd.

I love the end of the first seed battle where Samus takes off her helmet and starts puking phazon on the ground. That made me almost fall out of my chair. :D

Wow thanks for ruining it for me Versac. I just waltezed into the local Gamestop around like 1 and got a copy. No pre-order and no line. I just got the ice missiles really

Wow thanks for ruining it for me Versac. I just waltezed into the local Gamestop around like 1 and got a copy. No pre-order and no line. I just got the ice missiles really
Aw come on, you knew she was going to be infected. The game is called 'Corruption'. Or were you talking about the spontaneous humor aspect? It'll still be good.

Well, I can say I'm a complete idiot, as I just stayed up until 2:00 AM playing this thing...the game goes one forever!:eek: *That's a good thing btw*

As of right now I'm:

Really, you don't want to know
Really, you're that curious? This is fun!
The Pirate Home-World. I just got the hazard upgrade for my lovely suit, and Admiral Dean and the entire GF is planning a huge mass scale attack on the Pirate Home -World, wohoo!

Yea, I'm not even at the ultra fun collection part of the game :D.

btw, Versac, I sent you one back too ;). Only one more of those and the screen-pic tool is mine!...or the bobble head, so hard to decide...

That first seed boss was such a bitch! He kept bringing the last orb thingy back, it was just annoying.

Been playing this game for awhile now, and I was wondering what kind of secret achievements that award you a silver sticker have you gotten? I can think of 3 off the top of my head

Frozen Reptilian : Froze a reptile hunter thing and killed it

Bowling for bots : Used the boost ball to kill those android things on the 3rd planet

Stylish kill : While going to get the Boost Ball, on the bridge that your scan visor says to not cross, instead of bothering to shoot the androids, I just ran to the end, and ripped off the gate. I got the bonus after I saw the little cut-scene of the bridge falling with the androids on it.

Which ones have you found?

I'm starting a help thread for Corruption elsewhere. Remember, this thread is under Spoilerguard (TM) security system. Be careful about what you say.

And as to silver awards...
20 Commandos Killed: pretty self explanatory, kill twenty Pirate Commandos, get a reward.

I saw in one of the trailers, Samus' ship (Like in all games xD), and it made me wonder, Is there any point in the game where you can control the ship, and go around blowing stuff up, or in a space "car chase"? Just wondering...;)

Depending on the area you're in (it obviously doesn't work underground), you can sometimes call your ship in on a bombing run against enemies once you get the needed upgrade. Hyper mode is more useful, but bombing runs can be used from cover.

Just to add in, you can't personally fly the ship, although you can *and will* enter the cockpit to travel to other areas, play around with gadgets, and can even unlock a cool little bobblehead for your dashboard :D.

I just beat Corruption...looking for one final missile expansion though for the 100% ending...

Buying a game and beating it within a week just doesn't seem smart to me. Don't you think you should savor it or something? And whoever has my friend code, I need like one or two more vouchers to get the screenshot and the bobble head (or bumper stickers, either one).

I think they underused the bombing run in the ship, and space battles would be pretty cool, too.

Back