• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

PC Minecraft

Do you play Minecraft?

• No, but I'm interested in it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's a really dumb looking game

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
So, amazing game I discovered recently. Minecraft. Basically it's a creative, sandbox, open-ended game. If you love games like the Sims (at least for houses), Gary's Mod, Spore, etc., you'll love Minecraft. It's been described as being "Lego's to the extreme".

There really are no goals in the game, but on the other hand you're only limited by you imagination. You start with nothing, and have to gather all the resources you need to build whatever you want to build. You want to build a cabin out of wood? Go out and punch a lot of trees to get the wood. You want to make a castle? Go mine to get the cobblestone. You want to make a computer? Better mine to get a lot of redstone.

There are enemies in the game, but you can turn them off if you so want to. There are also cows, sheep, pigs, and chickens. They don't attack you, and you can get things from them (feathers and eggs from chickens, leather and milk from cows, etc.). There's also a multiplayer option, but you need to know someone with a server set up to play with your friends.

All in all this game is amazing. It won indy game of the year for 2010, and isn't even finished (it's still in Beta). It'll set you back about 20 USD (15 Euros, cause the developer is European), but it's worth every penny.

That looks pretty sweet. I don't really have a whole lot of money right now, but maybe when I can get my act together a bit I can give it a try. It looks like lots of fun! I'll probably turn off the enemies for a while though until I get used to how the game is. I don't want to get myself into a situation where all my hard work goes away because I was killed by block-things, know what I mean.

Yeah, it's worth the money, though. I honestly consider it the best $20 I ever spent, considering a.) what you get out of it (the full game + access to the beta, custom skins, able to play on any computer, access to server software, access to all "Creative Mode" servers, etc.) and b.) the hours of entertainment it's provided me with. It is an honestly addicting game.

And, for Bob, just to throw an idea out there: If enough members on the site play Minecraft and are interested, you should totally host a ZS server. Just sayin'. I would say minimum of 20 regularly active members need to be interested, though, so it wouldn't be for awhile.

None of the choices really apply to me all that much. I'm not all that interested in MC, but I don't think it's dumb. I just really don't have the time.

Back