• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

More Timeline Stuff *Spoilers*

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
I know there is a thread about the Zelda timeline, but it is old and I do not feel like posting in it (but it can be found here: http://www.zeldasages.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498&highlight=timeline)

Anyway, I just finished re-watching LinkMaster92's timeline video which he found (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF8Ve2Dk6-0), and while I like what they say, I disagree with some of it. (Watch the video before you continue reading this

Their flaws seem to lye in Hyrule A. First off, even if Link tried to return to Hyrule from Termina via the sea, he couldn't due to the fact that they are parallel universes. Also, as stated by Nintendo early on, Link's awakening is the direct sequel to A Link to the Past, and A Link to the Past's events are supposed to predate the events of the first two games. Also, even though it would make sense that the Oracle games are in the two sperate timelines, they happen at the same time to the same Link, so they messed that up as well. So here is my new theory:

MC-OoT-split

A: MM-FSA (Ganon gets Trident of Power)-ALttP-LA-LoZ (Ganon gets taken away by Sages to be killed off)-AoL-TP (Ganon gets sealed away for good)

B: (Hyrule returns to normal)- OoS/OoA (Ganon possibly wins fight and is resurrected not fully powered, however)-(Hundreds of years, Hyrule flooded) WW-PH

What does everyone think? Ask questions, I'll (hopefully) be able to back up my theories.

MC-OoT-split

A: MM-FSA (Ganon gets Trident of Power)-ALttP-LA-LoZ (Ganon gets taken away by Sages to be killed off)-AoL-TP (Ganon gets sealed away for good)

B: (Hyrule returns to normal)- OoS/OoA (Ganon possibly wins fight and is resurrected not fully powered, however)-(Hundreds of years, Hyrule flooded) WW-PH

What does everyone think? Ask questions, I'll (hopefully) be able to back up my theories.
I almost completely agree, save for a few things in A. I believe that similar to Link and Zelda, there is more than one Ganon(dorf).

My A: MM-TP (Ganondorf killed) - FSA (Ganon revived, gets trident) - LoZ - AoL

I put ALttP before WW, as ALttP always seemed to reference OoT and the sealing of the Sacred Realm. The legend of the sealing of the Dark World sounded more like ancient history than 50 years ago to me.

Yeah, but other than a few places, I never referenced any time. And my theory is based upon my idea that the story of Ganon returning in FSA was never written down because only Link knew he came back, and never told anyone that he did. And the fact that I feel (even though it is hinted that young Link and Zelda stopped Ganondorf) at the end of OoT in the child ending that Ganondorf got sealed away anyways. So it would basically be that the Link from OoT/MM fought Ganon in his return from the Sacred Realm in FSA.

Or it could be that since I feel Ganon and Ganondorf are two different people (Ganon being a demon from another realm who took Ganondorf over when he got the Triforce of Power) so Ganon could have just popped up on his own in FSA. But you do have a point with the ALttP stuff...

Oh, and if you have different theories, could you please explain them and also put up your own timeline? Just so I have a reference. Thanks!

Back