• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Review Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (Wii)

Zerg006

Loftwing
Well I figured that I might as well do a weekly review of a game whenever I get a chance. So I decided to start off with MK:A. Ok here we go

Graphics - 7/10: The graphics of this game get a 7 from me, because, while they are nice, personally, I didn't think there was enough gore. Now since Mortal Kombat is KNOWN for the gore, that's what hurt it. Characters are very detailed, yet I wish that some characters wouldnt point with all 5 fingers on one hand.

Sound/Audio - 7/10: The reason that the sound/audio got a 7, is because, well, the dialogue is so bad is funny at points. The sound effects however, are very well done, so it's satisfying to hear a fireball or to hear someone scream as they get crushed.

Gameplay - 3/10 (If using a GC controller, 6/10): Ok this is where the game suffers the most. Sure it's unique to be able to perform moves if you move the Wiimote, but that's only if you hold and release B at a certain point, and that's even if it senses the right movement! Many times I got mad when my character kept doing the same move, which I wasn't happy with. How much do you have to screw up a game, when it's easier to play it with an OLDER controller?! Konquest mode (Story mode) is annoyingly difficult, and many times you will have to retry to defeat someone, by playing cheap and using 1 or 2 moves. The enemies are unfairly strong, even on easy, and will get a 6-7 hit combo on you (It's happened to me!) Motor Kombat is just a stupid distraction, and should be avoided at all costs. And they got rid of the staple for MK: Fatalities. HOW CAN YOU GET RID OF THOSE?! Create-A-Fatality is the worst thing ever created so far! So no more burning a foe as Scorpion with his skull face (And saying Toasty at the same time) or ripping someones heart out as Kano. Just like the special moves, you have to move the Wiimote and the Nunchuck in a certain way to do one move, but it's just total guesswork as to which directin you move them.

Extras - 8/10: The reason the extras suffers is from Motor Kombat. If that wasn't in it, it would get a perfect 10. The Kreate-A-Fighter is a nice addition, though I wish that there was more weapon selection (You can only choose between swords or axes, while most of the regular characters use daggers and staves) There is also a bunch of stuff to unlock, such as concept art and music. The only way to unlock the extra characters though, is to either cheat, or play through Konquest mode to a certain point. The bad side is, you have to create a profile, then create a profile KODE. As in if you forget the code, youre screwed.

Overall - 6/10: Overall this game gets a 6 out of 10 from me. It might be worth a rental. Kreate a fighter is fun, except for the Kode part, and Motor Kombat is incredibly stupid and difficult. The controls suck, the story blows (I didn't even bother to finish it it's so bad) and the AI is cheap. Buy this game at your own risk

It's just because the game is so bad. I mean really. How much can you screw up the controls that it's easier to use a GC controller for the Wii?

I mean they had a good idea going, but it's just too complex, and too sensitive. I mean there's a right-to-left, a left-to-right, an up-down, a down-up, an upper-half-circle, and a lower-half-circle. Thing is, the characters only have like 3-4 special moves. And the weapons can be unfair

Back