• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

New Brawl Info

Slyguy46

Subtle as a Ninja Pirate!
OK, Now that the major milestone in Nintendo is here, the Wii!, We can talk about the three games that will be ready to make the Wii perfect (along with TP): Brawl, Galaxy and Corruption!

Nintendo has shown in a recent showing of Brawl Pictures that once again Fox McCloud will join the ranks of the Brawlers (was their any doubt?) and we have seen some of Kojima's level for Snake and Pit's Ancient Rome level. YAY!

I could probably pass on Galaxy if I had to, but Brawl and Corruption are need-to-buys.

its a good thing that Nintendo is going to keep the momentum going... it would be stupid to have those 3 games on launch day or in a couple of years...

Guess what! I have some good/bad news! (Good for you, bad for everyone with a Wii) Brawl's slated release date is somewhere in mid June 2007! That'll give you more than enough time to get a Wii.

I heard the following information from some of my sources I will not reveal. Some or all of it may be incorrect or incomplete. Netherless, as Dark Webmaster, it is my duty to share it.

Most of the characters from Melee will make a return, as expected. Of those characters, all of the original SSB characters will make an appearance. On the flip side, Nintendo will be making some cuts. Ice Climbers and Pichu are gone, and others may follow. All of the clone characters (characters with a move list nearly identical to another's, such as Dr. Mario, Ganondorf, and Falco, but NOT LUIGI. HE IS DIFFERENT) are in danger, and will probably see, at the very least, a major change. Many of the stages will not return, and the Past Stages from the original are gone. Tons of new items have been added, but a few were removed.

As I said above, THIS INFORMATION IS NOT GUARENTEED. Do not whine about how I was completely wrong when it comes out. I will find out on my own soon enough. If you do have comments, though, go for it.

My opinion:
Falco - In the Yellow / Believe will be safe - Revamped Down + B Move
Gannondorf - Safe - Probably Revambed B + Up Move
Young Link - In the Yellow - Probably given an Ocarina for an attack
Roy - Safe - Edited a little, but would Nintend really ger rid of Roy? I dont think so!
Pichu - So Long, Farewell (Avederzien Goodbye)
Dr. Mario - In Deep Red

Just my opinion, post what you think.

In my personal opinion, Dr. Mario is doomed. At least Ganondorf played different from Captain Falcon due to speed/power shift, and Falco lost some power and sheer speed for agility and arial. Dr. Mario was barely heavier than Mario, and did only slightly different damage than the original Mario Bros. Marth and Roy were designed to be a matched set (neither is the clone or original) with Marth having speed and Roy power, but not as vastly different as Ganondorf/Falcon. Young Link is completely safe as clones go, but may be dropped anyway for being too similar. Pichu I refuse to comment on other than good riddance. Ice Climbers was an interesting human/CPU hybrid that performed well at lower levels, but Nana just dragged down a skilled player with mistimed swings and buggy AI. Luigi is vastly different from Mario in his handling and speed: most of his strong attacks have a slight delay before execution, but are correspondingly more powerful. His special moves always have and always shall be similar to Mario's, but different is subtle ways for the gamer to discover.

In summary, clone characters are good as long as there is a significant differece between the two. I look for some to be dropped, and the survivors given a greater amount of seperation from the originals.

Yeah, Ice Climbers was OK in concept, but was bad in delivery, and I think the Fox/Falco, Falcon/Gannondorf and Link/Young Link Combos deliverer, but I could never really like the doctor in the plumber suit, as his only difference was that his Medicine bounced higher than the fireball.

One of these days I have to play Slyguy in Melee and challenge his pwnership of Falco... Other than that, Ice Climbers actually had some good attacks, and their pair smash was rediculously powerful. They could also use two items, like a beam sword for Popo and a ray gun for Nana making them into a deadly pair. Alas, the simple difficulty of getting Nana to work correctly was too difficult and with not enough reward for many a gamer, and they died.

You could also play as Nana and have the CPU take over as the other one (Popo?)

For Pichu and Dr. Mario I say this, Pichu, because of you it was so hard to finish the game (All Star Mode). And Dr. Mario, where did you get your MD?

I actually preferred the good doctor over his uneducated plumber counterpart, but Pichu had no right to exist. I will say that all of Pichu's electricity-based attacks did more damage than Pikachu's, and that Pichu's fully charged skull bash was nearly an instant kill.

Well, I just thought of Something. Does anyone thiunk Game & Watch will be back? I'm not sure, but jusst want your opion.

Don't underestimate the common folk. Swordsmen have long reach for obvious reasons, and tend to be powerful, but their attacks have a long vulnerable period after excecution. A clever opponent can get a quick jab while the sword is still in the air. And Game & Watch will probably return.

Aye, thats why I use a mix of Crreatures, Common Folk and Swordsman to get the job done. My favorites are:
1. Falco
2. Roy
3. Jigglypuff
4. Young Link
5. Samus

My list
1. Falco
1. Marth
3. Link
4. Young Link
5. Fox
As you can see, I like speed and swords, both if possible. I also love playing Mewtwo, but he's just too slow to fit my style. And yes, I know that I put 1 twice. I play the two of them equally.

Back