• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

NEW Nintendo DS info and Wi-Fi

webmasterbob

The Webmaster
YES, we've waited a long, really long time for Nintendo and they will Finlay do it. On November 14 2005 Nintendo will launch Mario Kart DS. Yes, it is just a game, it will be full of every track that existed in previous games and then some. However there is something else special about the game.

Mario Kart DS will be the first game (along with a few others) to support the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection system. What is this you ask? It's Nintendo's online service for the Nintendo DS. That's right, after years of nagging, years of toil Nintendo is finally launching their very own online service!

Not only will the game,e be fun, but the possibility is now endless!

Now, according to sources about Nintendo Wi-Fi this is how it will work.
When you first select the Nintendo Wi-Fi option you will be assigned a "friend id". People will use this to search for you online, in games, etc. Settings for this will be changeable via the DS options. After assigned your ID play whatever you want with whoever you want. It has been reported from those using the beta servers that a group of players were from as wide ranges as Germany, US, Japan, and England all playing the same race, truly amazing when you think about it (compared to Xbox Live ,etc which are all region specific. Realistically this has a striking chance at really changing perception on several levels. Se Nintendo.com, gamespot.com, and nintendowifi.com for more information and post your thoughts please ;).

Personally, I can't wait. And for anyone who wants to search for me, my username on the DS is Link ES. ES is the nickname I've got at another board, and it's shortened from Evilslayer, Æwondåslåmon in English.:D

I want it soo badly. It's on my Cristmas/Hanuakah list.:D Yes thats right i celabrate Hanuakah.

I ordered the game from EB, although they are apparently backed up and I have yet to get my copy :(. It should arrive sxoon.....I hope :D.

Back