• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

New style

Link and Navi

Loftwing
Its not that I dont like the one we have, but I think it would be kind of nice to upgrade the site graphix and the backgrounds, but thats just me. :þ

We're actually planning that in the near future. If you haven't done so already fill out the site survey located here.

We're compiling a database with suggestions for when we redo the style + ZS as a whole. I'm going to actually post an update on the main page sometime this weekend about some of the survey results so please respond quickly :).

When do you guys plan on throwing everything together? I know it's probably kinda hectic right now, but it would be nice to know what you guys have in mind :).

We plan on putting up a new style with the release of vBulletin 4. vBulletin is also going to serve our content management system for the main website as well (you'll see fairly soon). With this, we'll be able to offer all of you a lot more features and convince that we previously could not offer (example, no longer need to randomly upload fan writing somewhere else for submission).

I'm actually internaly testing VB 4 in a development area right now. CUrrently, it's on beta 4 release, which is best described as a "we're still adding features, but please help us find bugs in the features we've already implemented". Judging from past experience the Beta stage will likely last until mid-December, meaning I'll be able to work with a final version a little before January. I wouldn't expect everything to be done before the new year, but be assured the moment a near final build is released I'm going into development.

The style will be a culmination of what everyone has suggested via the feedback survey we put up a month ago.

As far as features are concerned:

1. Cross Content Searching. You'll be able to easily pinpoint exactly the content you want on ZS, without having to rely on the Google app we use for searching now. Features include searching only the forum, only the site, a combination of both, among other options.
  2. Restructured Fan Works section. With the capabilities of the new VB version we can pull just about any content we want from what you've submitted to Zelda Sages and display it anywhere and anyhow we'd like on ZS. Fan works submission is going to be way more user friendly and much easier to search/find content from a single author.
  3. Blogs: The capabilities of VB 4 allow us to give you a blog. We're still debating on who exactly to enable these for.
  4. Better profiles: The profiles are much cleaner, easier to edit, overall just better.
  5. You can CHANGE THE STYLE! Our very first site version allowed you to change styles. When we switched to a CMS, this was no longer an option. Once we upgrade, you can switch the site style again! We're only going to have the default style to start off, but we'll be making more as the months go on.
We have a lot more in store, but I think it's best we not reveal everything; that would spoil the fun after all :).

http://www.pokecommunity.com/index.php

In terms of style, I just want some ability like this forum here. Go to the bottom-left of the page, and look at the menu with the arrow to select something. Check out a few of the different forum skins. I want something like that, more variety and options, many different styles to pick from, that sort of thing.

Hence number 5 on my list ;). We're only going to have one to start with in the interest of getting everything transferred ASAP, but there will be more to follow.

Nice stuff Bob!

I hope some of my ideas will make their way into the style (breadcrumbs at the top, like you had in the first design of ZS). That, and I don't really care about the game menus in the sidebar with all the content. Usually, people come to the game-page to look at one or two things, so it's not a big deal to switch back to the games page. It kinda clutters it having that second side menu as a matter of fact.

Back