• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Next Zelda game

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
I know Bob had a poll about this, but that limited it to only a few choses. So here's a thread about it!
The question is what would you most like to see in the next home console Zelda installment?

For me it's a few things:
  • Voice acting
  • More sidequests (TP was lacking in them personally)
  • More diverse weapons (Biggoron's Sword, Elemental Arrows, Roc's Feather anyone?)
  • Downloadable expansions (they said this was gonna be in TP, but it hasn't been so far)
This is what I thought of for the next Zelda game, but now I want to know what you want!

I agree with all of the above and also that the next console version should have a new plot (Maybe Link's SON, I've only been suggesting this forever!).

I know Bob had a poll about this, but that limited it to only a few choses. So here's a poll about it!
The question is what would you most like to see in the next home console Zelda installment?

For me it's a few things:
  • Voice acting
  • More sidequests (TP was lacking in them personally)
  • More diverse weapons (Biggoron's Sword, Elemental Arrows, Roc's Feather anyone?)
  • Downloadable expansions (they said this was gonna be in TP, but it hasn't been so far)
This is what I thought of for the next Zelda game, but now I want to know what you want!

I agree with everything but the voice acting. I think it'll just ruin the gameplay actually hearing link talk. One quote that I'd like to contribute to this is:

"If you can't read then get off zelda and let link do the riding"
-me

Get it?

I agree with Linkmaster92. Actual voices might ruin the game, especially if its not the voice we imagine Link or Zelda to have.

I also agree that Link having a son(or daughter) would add a little more depth and an awsome storyline. A Zelda game that spans 2 or more generations... think of the possibilities!

Wait one more! The next game should have a feature that allows you to fight the bosses again.

More sidequests (TP was lacking in them personally)
More diverse weapons (Biggoron's Sword, Elemental Arrows, Roc's Feather anyone?)
Downloadable expansions (they said this was gonna be in TP, but it hasn't been so far)

definatly those but also they should have more charactors from the previous zelda games. i was hoping to see navi, tingle (not so much), Ezlo (definately), malon, talon, and others in TP but i was saddened immediatly because they didnt

I agree with the sidequest thing, the new weapons, expansions, and especially the boss re-fights.

Speaking just doesn't suit Link. When he goes against a boss you would expect him to say something like "HOLY ****!!!". And when the mailman comes he might say "LEAVE ME ALONE YOU WORTHLESS PILE OF CRAP!!!" The hero of the game definately shouldn't talk.

One thing the game needs is for Link to end up with Zelda for once. Look at it this way: a beutiful damsel in distress is saved by a muscular long-haired hero who goes through blazing deserts, snow covered mountains, and fights giant poisionus flowers and armies of little ugly goblin things. Classic.

I'm not saying that Link needs to talk. It could be like in KotOR with everyone but the protaginist talking. But I think you guys are right, they shouldn't talk.

And I want to clear up the sidequest think a bit. I'm talking about optional dungeons (such as the Color Dungeon from LA: DX) or even optional bosses like Majora's Mask causing trouble after you defeat Ganon. These could also tie in with the downloadable expansion stuff.

I'm not saying that Link needs to talk. It could be like in KotOR with everyone but the protaginist talking. But I think you guys are right, they shouldn't talk.

And I want to clear up the sidequest think a bit. I'm talking about optional dungeons (such as the Color Dungeon from LA: DX) or even optional bosses like Majora's Mask causing trouble after you defeat Ganon. These could also tie in with the downloadable expansion stuff.

Wait, doesn't TP have something like that called the Cave of Ordeals?

Of all the 3-D Zelda games, I would have to say that WW was my favorite, and for a good reason: everyone did something. Every character in the game was either part of a sidequest, went about a route, could be interacted with in multiple events, or at the very least be photographed. TP returns to the roots of 95% of all NPC have one line they repeat over and over again. This, coupled with the fact that the only major side quests were collection based. There's not a whole lot of difference between collecting bugs and poes.

Yea, I agree. Killing enemies and collecting stuff don't make for very fun or amusing sidequests. I have to say that the GameBoy games had the fun sidequests. MC had the Kinstones and sword training (I know TP had the hidden move stuff) and the Oracle games had the linked game thing where you could fight another boss after you beat the game and you could get new items and rings from swapping passwords from game to game. And then there was the Color Dungeon from LA: DX as well as the picture sidequest thing. And in ALttP/FS there was the Dungeon of the Four Sword and the hurricane blade sidequest that you could unlock by playing FS. And in WW there was the Nintendo Gallery (Also in MC) and chart collecting.

Those were just a few examples of the sidequests I'm looking for in the next Zelda installment.

i think that if the next one is for the wii, then the sword strikes should be the same as how the person makes them, not premade.

Now the question is lefted with this... If The Zelda Series created another Zelda Game that featured Link's Son(and/or Daughter)... Don't you think that Nintendo would make a Wife for Link?? Here's the real question: Who would it be?? Can't be Midna... Can't be Zelda(Trust me, it can't and you can't argue it... sorry.)... Can't be Saria... Can't be Ilia... So, who could be left?? Medli is out of the question... Unless Link adopts, there's really no point of the story to show that Link has children. Good point??

Ah, you forgot on person: Malon. She liked Link even in the "future" Hyrule, and that's where it could take place.

Malon wouldn't be able to do that, because she disappeared after OoT. There's no trace of her, so... Link is dead-shot. No offense... Dakare, but... Many things always happen to Link and most of them are bad, right??

"Dissapeared after OoT"? You make it sound as if there is only one Link. I'm just saying that there are multiple Links, so you can't just write someone off because they dissapeared from the series.

But leaving that subject, I think llemes has a good idea. I was expecting that in TP, but to no avail. I was ready to be on my feet swingin' away with my Wiimote and cutting down the enemies on my TV, but I ended up sitting on my couch twitching my wrist every now and then. :(

Back