• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Nintendo Getting Sued

animaldude

Sage in Training
Yesterday I was reading an article... and nintendo is getting sued for its Wii Remote. The company that is sueing says that the Wii remote's trigger was patented by this company in 2005 before the E3 event when te wii remote was introduced to the public. The company makes powerpoint clickers -_-... they say that sales have gone down since the wii has come out and if they win this case the Wii will have to stop selling Wiis and probably get fined, ect.

Oh yeah, Nintendo ripped off the makers of POWER POINT CLICKERS! Come on, nobody can prove that.

A bunch of blitthering babboons suing each other for banana's? No, just greedy, materialistic companies.

I personaly beleive Interlink will loose their case. There is no proof that the sale of the Nintendo Wii is harming their sales, especialy since Nintendo's controler can only be used with a videogame console, and nothing else. It's not like the force feedback lawsuits a few years ago which could be applied to other uses, but for God's sake it's a SINGLE BUTTON! In my opinion, maybe a firearms company should sue Interlink becuase they use a trigger similar to that of some weapons on their remote, it must be harming their sales:rolleyes:.

All in all, this is a case that after examination, the court will probably toss out the door. The inner workings and structure of the remotes are very different beyond the surface. Until someone hacks a Wiimote and writes software to interface with a computer and re-aranges several switches and sellls it for office use, I see no reason why this would be harming Interlink's sales in any way shape or form.

Edit: I was looking around the web and saw a very interesting comment. The N64 makes use of the same trigger used by the Wii, being the "Z" trigger. The N64 concept was made back in 95, two years prior to Interlink gaining a patent. A good court excuse could be they were using the same technolodgy as the N64 ;).

If they are, Nintendo is going to get a lot of money from that company. More Wii's Please. Extra Fries!

I have seen said powerpoint controllers, and I must say that they are superficially similar. To the untrained eye, they seem to work on the same basic principle. To one who knows more about that stuff, you can tell just by the tactile response that the inner workings of the Wiimote are far removed from anything Interlink has made, and are similar, but not identical, to the Z button on the N64. Plus Nintendo has a massive buget and could probably buy Interlink if absolutely necessary. :D

They truly have all their bases covered. Remember, they were probably expecting legal action from fat nerds breaking things by swinging the controller, so they probably had already assembled a legal team.

My motto when it comes to legal action is this: "If you can't convince, confuse!"

That along with "If you can't beat 'em, assassinate 'em."

Yhea, people tell me I should become a lawer. If I did though, I wouldn't be able to keep myself from shouting "That's BULL*** your honor! Uh, I mean, objection, perjury!" (btw, perjury is lying under oath)

What a bunch of idiots.

If they are loosing sales, its because everyone is trying to buy wii's and not powerpoint clickers.

omg
people get so jealous these days.....and paranoid....

When somebody (another company) comes up with a reason for suing nintendo that is actually reasonable, I'll comment more, until then..................I honestly have no idea what I will do..............

I can actually think of a few reasons to sue Nintendo, but none of them are as rediculous as the trigger. One strategy would to be to let go of the Wiimote when swinging it, and causing damage to, say, a plasma screen TV. The trick would be to weaken the strap beforehand, and be wearing it when it broke.

Oh, i have another reason:
I was playing with a gamecube game and i hooked up my gamecube controller and when i went to sit down the wii fell, and broke, but it fell on my TV, which fell on my dog.
There, thats a good reason to sue nintendo :D

Back