• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Nintendo is Watching Us!

webmasterbob

The Webmaster
Hello everyone, just a bit of background on this before I begin. A few weeks ago, Versac and I was trying to figure out what would happen if you set parental controls on the Nintendo Wii, forgot your Pin #, and the answer to your secret question. So, today I was doing a bit of research on that very topic. I found this qoute from Nintendo's Wii support site:

"You will be prompted to select and answer a secret question that will allow you to retrieve a forgotten Parental Controls PIN. If you forget your PIN, please follow the prompts on screen to answer your secret question. If you are unable to retrieve your PIN by answering your secret question, please call Nintendo Consumer Service: 1-800-255-3700."

Now, there are several seperate scenarios which could accure, one of them being a simple switch or combination of things you would perform to set a new code. However, with WC24 always keeping your Wii in touch with Nintendo and *as I already found out through an issue I had* Nintendo's ability to get a good deal of information from your Wii...Nintendo may have your pin #!

That's just one case, it's actually really scary when you think about it, but then again, we trust them with our credit cards and personal information. There is also that great cluase in the legal agreement you had to agree to before WC24 could be activated on your Wii that says Nintendo will collect some bits of information. Just something interesting to point out :D.

Hahaha... I guess I can trust them but I still don't think I'll be sending personal information through the message thingy...Wait, are they going to be able to read that stuff?

That would be weird. Imagine having the Job of going through little kids Wii-Files and Internet History. Uhhhhh!

So, children, remember not to go on PS.com on the Wii, or it will be taken away.

Hello everyone, just a bit of background on this before I begin. A few weeks ago, Versac and I was trying to figure out what would happen if you set parental controls on the Nintendo Wii, forgot your Pin #, and the answer to your secret question. So, today I was doing a bit of research on that very topic. I found this qoute from Nintendo's Wii support site:

"You will be prompted to select and answer a secret question that will allow you to retrieve a forgotten Parental Controls PIN. If you forget your PIN, please follow the prompts on screen to answer your secret question. If you are unable to retrieve your PIN by answering your secret question, please call Nintendo Consumer Service: 1-800-255-3700."

Now, there are several seperate scenarios which could accure, one of them being a simple switch or combination of things you would perform to set a new code. However, with WC24 always keeping your Wii in touch with Nintendo and *as I already found out through an issue I had* Nintendo's ability to get a good deal of information from your Wii...Nintendo may have your pin #!

That's just one case, it's actually really scary when you think about it, but then again, we trust them with our credit cards and personal information. There is also that great cluase in the legal agreement you had to agree to before WC24 could be activated on your Wii that says Nintendo will collect some bits of information. Just something interesting to point out :D.
Ah yes, I remember that conversation. I actually read the entire user agreement before agreeing, and it's scary some of the stuff you agree to. I will say little, (because according to the agreement I'm not allowed to reveal their secret plan) but just about the only thing they can't easily acess is the PMs between Wiis. Even those they could find, but it would be difficult, and highly illegal.

Ah yes, I remember that conversation. I actually read the entire user agreement before agreeing, and it's scary some of the stuff you agree to. I will say little, (because according to the agreement I'm not allowed to reveal their secret plan) but just about the only thing they can't easily acess is the PMs between Wiis. Even those they could find, but it would be difficult, and highly illegal.
Well... thats a relief :)

Back