• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Nintendo Wii: Banned in the USA?

I read it. I believe it. I still don't understand why. Someone please explain to me why Anascape is suing Nintendo?

I read it. I believe it. I still don't understand why. Someone please explain to me why Anascape is suing Nintendo?
money-bags.png

The whole idea of suing videogame companies for "patent infringements" started back a few years ago with the whole rumble fiasco. After the verdict was reached a large number of other companies though "HEY! We own some really ambiguous patents...we can do this too!!!"

Well, first of all it's not the entire system, it's the Classic Controller, the Wavebird, and the Game Cube controller. And Nintendo can either win the appeal or pay royalties, so the "ban" won't happen. And if it did happen, it would just be a ban on selling it, not on owning it.

Good point. I figured they'd ban it and then we couldn't have it; however, if they did ban it, and we had them, there is no way for them to find out without invading our privacy.

True, product bans are a rather tricky thing. To be honest though, at least historically, Nintendo has demonstrated a far greater legal mind capacity than any other game company (example, they were the only company to pay royalties for the "Brown Box" fiasco when virtually every single game maker got into a suit to prove their video game systems were not video game systems :D).

Anyway, if the lawyers really see a way this is not infringing there must be something to it.

Back