• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

No!!!!!!!!

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
I'm am reallly pissed right now. I went to play Final Fantasy:CC on my Wii (it was a GC game for those of you who don't know) and I was informed that my save file was corrupted. "Okay, fine" I thought "One save file isn't too bad. I'll just replay it from the beginning". So I played it, got a drop of Mrryh when I had to go to dinner. I save and turn it off. I go back after dinner to be informed it was corrupted AGAIN! I decided to check my whole memory card list to see if any other games had been affected. About three games in I decided it must have affected the whole memory card. So now all my saved GC games on my white memory card are all gone with no back-ups. And just to give you an idea of how pissed I am, here's a partial list of everything that was on there:
  • A beaten file of Tales of Symphonia
  • A beaten game of OoT
  • An all S rank Chao
  • 180 emblums in Sonic Adventure 2:Battle
  • All Soul Caliber 2 fighters/ weapons unlocked
  • All Budokai 2 fighters unlocked
  • An awesome Animal Crossing town (full house, all NES games, etc.)
  • Completed file of Star Fox Adventures with all tokens found
  • Nearly beaten Windwaker, Metroid Prime 1, and Paper Mario
I'm soooo annoyed!

Wow, that is just horrifying! What could have caused that to happen is my question, data does not randomly become corrupt. You seriously have my deepest of sympathy.

I have two theories:
  1. I left it plugged into my Wii for too long (and during storms)
  2. I copied an already corrupted file onto my memory card (I had copied my file of Gauntlet onto it recently, which I found out was corrupted in my checking) which in turn corrupted all my data.
It just makes me really sad.

That used to happen to me a lot, mainly because I bought cheap crappy memory cards.

When something like this happens, the best thing to do is just cheat.

www.gamefaqs.com

Yeah, I stayed away from the cheap memory cards. I always bought Nintendo ones. And I could cheat (my brothers bought an Action Replay for the gamecube awhile ago), but it's not as fun. I'm debating on whether to sell some of the games I didn't play as much or just to keep them because they're fun for when I'm bored.

Oh my god... why would you consider selling old game cube games when you'll probably get $10 dollars for 5 games. That's a ridiculous waste of games...

Because I don't have the save files for them and I wouldn't play them anyway. But it would just be like the Sonic Mega Collection and the Megaman AC. I don't think I will though.

Actually, about 10-15 for each game. Newer games actually go for around $25 and the store markets them for $30.

HAHA! SUCKS TO BE YOU!

Now that that's been said, I feel your pain. Nothing is quite as bad as to see about a hundred hours of your life die not with a bang, but a whimper. I found that the same thing happened to my old PS1 card about a year ago when I was reliving the good ol' days.

It turns out that memory cards can degrade if you don't keep power flowing through them for a long time, then suddenly use them for several hours in a row. Could that be what happened?

But I had it plugged into my Wii ever since I got the Wii. So I think it had sufficent power. Of course maybe it didn't. But even if that was the case, I had only used it for five minutes, not several hours.

Hmm... that's kinda odd then. It probably was corrupted data then.

P.S. Congrats on Hero of Time!

Wow, I just decided to start saving on it again, and guess what? The memory card is completely shot. It's really a shame because it took me forever to find the white memory (which is the largest Nintendo made card
), and it just dies out of no-where.

This just happened to me again (like the billionth time), and I did what I always do in this situation.
I took it out and put it back in until it worked. It can take a while, but it works for me.

wow. I feel really bad for you. You even had Guntlet! was it the original? If that happened to me I would cry. I am really sorry.

Back