• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Extremely Controversial Occupy Wall Street

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
Figured this might be a good topic to get going on the forums, so here goes.

Back mid-September, a group of protestors took over Zuccotti Park in New York City in order to protest the growing difference in wealth distribution in America. The main slogan, "We are the 99%" refers to the fact that (as of 2006 data) the wealthiest 1% of the nation earned 18.8% of the total income. There is also the issue of Congress basically being controlled by millionaires (roughly 50% of all congressmen are millionaires). The movement has since spread to other cities and universities, and is found throughout the world. It has also stirred debates regarding freedom of speech, freedom of assembly, and police brutality.

I think these graphs should about sum it up: http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/02/income-inequality-in-america-chart-graph

So what are your views on OWS? Good or bad?

OK, pretty late after the fact, but I'm a little mixed. I support their cause, but I think they place far too much blame on corporate executives rather than the government itself. That and, TBH, this whole idea of more income equality scares me a bit.

Back