• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Olympic Games

i am a teddy

Graverobber
It's like you all are failures at life for not making one -.- Myself included of course :D

Is anyone besides yoyolll, myself, ultima, animal, and Ides watching these? I mean, I know you're thinking, "Oh, that's a lotta people!" Ya well, we have 270 members and no one made a post -.- So.. Thoughts on the Olympics thus far?

Obess on Phelps? (he's amazing)

Insult US failures? *cough*gymnastics*cough*

Complain about the blantant documentation fraud by the Chinese officials with the Chinese Women's Gymnastic team? (They are like... 7 years old, not 16...)

How about the fact the Chinese officials switched out their real singer because the real one wasn't "pretty enough"? (Meh, discuss)

The fact China is definetly cheating somehow? (I don't care they are Asian and are superhuman, they cheeeat)

Any specific sports you want to highlight?

Which is more important: Overall medal count? Or who has more gold medals overall?

Show some support in the good 'ol USA and discuss these games!

China's not cheating, just because those 12 yr old girls beat the American gymnastics team...

That guy who's arm folded the wrong way in the weightlifting competition...ouch

Boxing's been pretty lame.

I ******* hate how they show commercials right in the middle of the action. I missed Canada's goal because of that. **** you, American Olympic coverage.

The "other American swimmer" just beat Phelps' record.

Obess on Phelps? (he's amazing)

Insult US failures? *cough*gymnastics*cough*

Complain about the blantant documentation fraud by the Chinese officials with the Chinese Women's Gymnastic team? (They are like... 7 years old, not 16...)

How about the fact the Chinese officials switched out their real singer because the real one wasn't "pretty enough"? (Meh, discuss)

The fact China is definetly cheating somehow? (I don't care they are Asian and are superhuman, they cheeeat)

Any specific sports you want to highlight?

Which is more important: Overall medal count? Or who has more gold medals overall?

Show some support in the good 'ol USA and discuss these games!

Okay, first of all, I want to point out the fact that Michael Phelps is a MACHINE!!! No, I'm serious. He might actually be a machine. When they decide they want to clone him, the doctors will stick a needle into his arm and get electrocuted. Phelps is such a dumb jock. So typical. It's rather amusing.

I don't think the U.S. gymnastics team was a failure. They got silver. SILVER!!! Teddy, I'd like to see YOU win a silver medal in gymnastics. Silver is amazing. I don't consider second place to be losing or a failure. I think it's exceptional, especially when gold was only lost by a few tenths of a point.

Oh, and yes I must agree that the Chinese gymnasts lied about their ages. I'm under the belief that they forged their ages on the passports. There was one little girl who they were saying was 16 but she had to have been about 10. Not kidding. Sorry, but throwing some eye makeup on her and calling her 16 just isn't enough. Even the commentators thought it was ridiculous.

Someone fill me in, I don't recall a 'not pretty enough' incident.

I'm not going to say that the Chinese teams are cheating, but I think there is definitely some favoring on the part of the judges. You could see that they were over-scoring China and under-scoring other teams. Not fair!

I have no sports to highlight, but I think that marching band should DEFINITELY be an Olympic sport!! Who's with me?

Okay, first of all, I want to point out the fact that Michael Phelps is a MACHINE!!! No, I'm serious. He might actually be a machine. When they decide they want to clone him, the doctors will stick a needle into his arm and get electrocuted. Phelps is such a dumb jock. So typical. It's rather amusing.

I don't think the U.S. gymnastics team was a failure. They got silver. SILVER!!! Teddy, I'd like to see YOU win a silver medal in gymnastics. Silver is amazing. I don't consider second place to be losing or a failure. I think it's exceptional, especially when gold was only lost by a few tenths of a point.

Oh, and yes I must agree that the Chinese gymnasts lied about their ages. I'm under the belief that they forged their ages on the passports. There was one little girl who they were saying was 16 but she had to have been about 10. Not kidding. Sorry, but throwing some eye makeup on her and calling her 16 just isn't enough. Even the commentators thought it was ridiculous.

Someone fill me in, I don't recall a 'not pretty enough' incident.

I'm not going to say that the Chinese teams are cheating, but I think there is definitely some favoring on the part of the judges. You could see that they were over-scoring China and under-scoring other teams. Not fair!

I have no sports to highlight, but I think that marching band should DEFINITELY be an Olympic sport!! Who's with me?

The girl who sang the Chinese anthem at the opening ceremony wasn't the real singer. She was lip-synching to a more talented girl

And I will never get a medal, ever. Yoyolll and I discussed what would happen :p It was hilarious!

Michael Phelps (even though I'm getting sick of hearing of him) is a talented athlete.

Second place is first loser.

No, you know what's not fair? When people accuse others of cheating without any evidence (and saying judges are biased means you think they're cheating). No one is overscoring China and no one is underscoring anyone else. Well, I guess some are, but it's more personal, not in any way to make China win.

Michael Phelps (even though I'm getting sick of hearing of him) is a talented athlete.

Second place is first loser.

No, you know what's not fair? When people accuse others of cheating without any evidence (and saying judges are biased means you think they're cheating). No one is overscoring China and no one is underscoring anyone else. Well, I guess some are, but it's more personal, not in any way to make China win.

Um... Did you see the girls gymnastics? Even the commentators realized that Shawn Johnson was under scored and that the Chinese girls weren't deducted enough.

i wanna know if phelps actually deserved those medals.... it could be possible that hes on steroids...

as for the chinese girls gymnastics team, im pretty sure sum of them are 14... that whole event got screwed up and it really me off. its total bull**** that the chinese won.

i wanna know if phelps actually deserved those medals.... it could be possible that hes on steroids...

as for the chinese girls gymnastics team, im pretty sure sum of them are 14... that whole event got screwed up and it really me off. its total bull**** that the chinese won.

Hear Hear! USA USA USA!!

Phelps is most likely not on Steroids. They showed a brief diagnosis of his body. He is kinda a freak :D His torso is the size of someone who is 6'8" while is legs are only for one 6'3". He has double jointed ankles and knees; combined with size 14 (mine are larger! HA) he has built-in flippers. Combined with the fact he practices over an hour a day at a faaast pace and his consumption of 12000 calories a day, he is an ideal swimmer. So...

Um... Did you see the girls gymnastics? Even the commentators realized that Shawn Johnson was under scored and that the Chinese girls weren't deducted enough.
That was the most ridiculous thing ive ever seen. Yes, they were being biased yoyolll.

They have enough stupid "sports" -.-

Yeah, theres no way all the girls on the Chinese Team are 16.

As for Phelps, the man isn't a machine.

He's a Cyborg.

Seriously, almost half of the United States gold medals are Phelp's.

Phelps isn't on steroids. They drug test every one of the athletes before and after the races. If he were on steroids, we'd find out. However, since he's a machine, there'd be no reason for him to use steroids. He's probably stealing the testing specimens from a sheep or something. That's how no one has discovered his secret yet.

And yoyolll, did you even watch the womens' gymnastics? I'm not saying that it was more or less the fault of anyone. I just think there was a tiiiiiiny bit of favoring at some points.

If you kept track of the gymnastics after the actual event, you would've seen an olympics "news events" where they detail all the scoring and show Shawn Johnson's numerous mess ups during her routines. The Chinese girls made almost no mistakes. This isn't "cheating", this is just Asians practicing more than Americans and it's been going on for centuries.

*I am not asian*

And yoyolll, did you even watch the womens' gymnastics? I'm not saying that it was more or less the fault of anyone. I just think there was a tiiiiiiny bit of favoring at some points.
You do know that the judges are all from the IOC, right?

So, if there would be any favoring, it would be towards the Swiss.

Anyone else wanna comment on Usain Bolt? The man broke the World Record in the 100 Meter without even trying. I mean, for god's sake, he was JOGGING at the end!

Secretly, I think Phelps is a cyborg, and the U.S. team did pretty well over all in the gymnastics portion of the Olympics. I mean, we got gold and silver in the all around, which is amazing!

Back