• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

"Plaza"

Dakare

Deus Ex Machina
Why don't you install vbPlaza? It sounds nifty:

Zelda Community Newsletter said:
vbPlaza has now officially been installed. You can now give gifts and ribbons to members or yourself, or pay to do cool stuff on the forums, such as make your username glow in a colour of your choice, or change your username etc.

There are even features where you can try and steal points (soon to be changed to rupees) off other members, if you succeed. You can also store your points in your bank account.

Also you now have to pay a fee to play games in the Arcade, the current fee is 10 points/rupees, i will be installing 20 new games soon.

Also a pitfall, if you are inactive (Do not post in 7 days) your points count will gradually go down until you become active and post more than five times.

To start everyone off, i have given all of your 5000 points/rupees to play with, as well as 5000 in your bank accounts. Posting will add to your points count

I hope you enjoy this long awaited addition to the forums, and i hope you have fun.

-Sam

Seems like an interesting item to add in :D.

I did a search on vbulletin.org and found Vbplaza here. It was moved into the modification graveyard because it contained an exploit which allowed any user to bug the system and gain full admin rights.

I did find their website, they are *as far as I see* no longer releasing Vbplaza on Vbulletin.org...which is incredibly untrustworthy IMO. This would have actually been a cool system to incorporate, although if you can't trust the author to produce a stable modification (let alone it doesn't even show up on the official Jelsoft mod site any longer)...it's just not something I want to risk fiddling with.

Dang, that's a shame. If I had realized it was like that, I wouldn't have suggested it. Is there anything else like it, though?

We did have a store system up a while ago, although that system caused a great deal of errors in the system and just messed everything up to the point where I had to get a support member to reset the board database for me :D. There is, however, the reputation system...however that does not allow for day by day deductions and the likes of it.

Further searching isn't yielding anything...:confused:

You can search around if you'd like though. I'm not sure if you need to be a Vbulletin license holder or not to use the search and viewer functions; I do know you need to be a license holder to download mods though :D *hence...why it's really sketchy VbPlaza chooses not to make use of this free right protection...*

Wow that really sucks about VPlaza, but oh well. I'm sure that there's something out there that is similar. We just have to find it first

Back