• Welcome to the Zelda Sages Forums!

The Zelda Sages Community Forums are a fun and easy way to interact with Zelda fans from around the globe. Our members also have access to exclusive members' only content. Register and/or log in now! Please note that user registration is currently disabled. If you would like to register please contact us.

Political Correctness

i am a teddy

Graverobber
Seeing as I am never on, I'd like to start a discussion about political correctness and the annoyances it poses.

Example 1: BC and AD have been changed to BCE and CE... Why? There's no beneficial result -.-

Example 2: "Happy holidays".... Who cares what your religion is... Fact of the matter is, December 25th was originally a pagan holiday where people drank and exchanged gifts and partied like drunken madmen... Fun eh? Well, why doesn't everybody just except Christmas as a holiday to party and exchange gifts? It can still be religious for those who want it to be... People blow things waaaay outta proportion...

Well.... I wanna hear some more political correctness things and your opinions on the ones I already mentioned...

1. You're alive.
  2. These political debate threads are starting to get annoying.
  3. Yeah, I don't see why people are supposedly "offended" by other people's beliefs and I don't see why things that have been the same for hundreds of years have to just change because people are "offended".

I actually enjoy political debates when I can actually stand my ground :p Why a president is better... Don't know :p Does global warming exist? I don't think so but I haven't any proof so I always lose :p

I guess I don't really mind BCE and CE. I actually like it better. Why? I have no idea.

But other things, like "Happy Holidays", just plain annoys me. It has been that way for so many years, why change it? The large majority of the people who are supposed to be "offended" by it aren't. So why bother?

Saying Merry Christmas is wishing them to have a nice day, regardless of who they are. If they get offended by people wishing them a nice day, they can go shoot themselves, the retarded lot of 'em.

I bet this thread doesn't kick off.... Ah well... Another thing thats annoying, teachers can't technically say "party" its a "learning celebration"

the poeple that encourage political correct ness are the same people that have been destroying our country for years and years the left wing commies that claim to be trying to help us by spoon feeding us everything well you don't get anywhere if some puts you there and one day their gone you fall and die so we must rise up agianst the commie juggernut and defend our freedoms while we still can never give up your right to bear arms with out it you can defend any of your other rights the enemy is going to give in because you cry they will push harder

and global warming is crap ask bob about the Youtube link to a video From all Places CNN denoncing it for god sakes if CNN is starting to agree with me then the world will soon end

the poeple that encourage political correct ness are the same people that have been destroying our country for years and years the left wing commies that claim to be trying to help us by spoon feeding us everything well you don't get anywhere if some puts you there and one day their gone you fall and die so we must rise up agianst the commie juggernut and defend our freedoms while we still can never give up your right to bear arms with out it you can defend any of your other rights the enemy is going to give in because you cry they will push harder

and global warming is crap ask bob about the Youtube link to a video From all Places CNN denoncing it for god sakes if CNN is starting to agree with me then the world will soon end
After deciphering that post, I have deducted:
What does that have to do with anything? Global warming and commies?

Global warming is true, and you have no hard evidence to disprove it. I've proved it over and over again in the global warming thread and received an infraction.

Yoyolll, you didn't recieve that infraction for stating your point of view... it was for (verbally) attacking another member.

haha, I didn't really understand at first how the clinton news network could've created that anti global warming video but I guess they're starting to come to their senses as well :D...

Yoyolll, global warming doesn't exist therefore, we are not disproving it... we are proving that you can't prove it :)

So now that that's settles let's please try and keep this from becoming like our previous political debates -_-

So what do you guys think about the outlawing of "Ho, Ho, Ho" in australia?

And who do you guys think will win the primaries in Iowa for both sides?

Yoyolll, you didn't recieve that infraction for stating your point of view... it was for (verbally) attacking another member.

haha, I didn't really understand at first how the clinton news network could've created that anti global warming video but I guess they're starting to come to their senses as well :D...

Yoyolll, global warming doesn't exist therefore, we are not disproving it... we are proving that you can't prove it :)
Uhh...wait...did you read any of the global warming thread?

Here it is again, quoting myself:
"The ice caps in the north pole create winds to distribute that sun's heat down to the rest of the world. Since the world is heating up (because the sun's heat is not able to escape into space as much as it should), the ice caps are melting.

Once they melt enough, our warm environment will disappear and our little world will be shown an icy, cold apocalypse."

If you deny the ice caps are melting I'm disregarding your opinions.
If you deny they create world winds I'm disregarding your opinions.
If you don't deny these, why can't you see what's happening?

Can you explain to me how blocks of ice create wind?

And all you're doing is stating an effect of what global warming would do. Ice caps are melting because the world is getting hotter and there's no evidence to prove HOW the world is getting hotter...

AHH THIS IS SO OFF TOPIC
can we kind of drift off the topic of global warming?

Can you explain to me how blocks of ice create wind?

And all you're doing is stating an effect of what global warming would do. Ice caps are melting because the world is getting hotter and there's no evidence to prove HOW the world is getting hotter...

AHH THIS IS SO OFF TOPIC
can we kind of drift off the topic of global warming?

.........ok..........let's hear your idea of how winds are created.

And I can totally understand how you can deny the world is getting hotter from human pollution, but the ice caps have shrunk in size. A lot. You can't deny that, it's fact.

Anyway, I'll get back on topic, then.

Umm....the difference of sitting in "pretzel style" and "indian style".

Which brings up the whole indian vs native american debate. "Indian" wasn't politically correct, but after so many years, can't we just accept the new name?

Words that are applicable, though not politically correct: crackpot, retard, neonazi, douchbag, moron, etc.

Trust me, political correctness is there to protect you, courtesy of us commie liberals.

Well, no I was honestly just curious about how blocks of ice can create wind... I'm not denying that that's how it's done I just never learned how winds are created ^_^

just because ice is melting doesn't prove global warming... If I go outside right now, and place a cube of ice on the ground, it will melt...

Yeah, I like indians better and I don't see how that could offend one because that's what they are... That's as if I called a taiwanese person asian and then them getting offended.

Well, technically, native americans are not indians because they do not hail from india. Columbus made a mistake and thought he had landed in india, thus he called the native americans indians.

But that was so long ago that I don't see the problem in calling them Indians.

Political Correctness: Colombus discovered a continent that thousands of people already knew about and lived off of.

Does that satisfy everyone?

Yeah, Columbus discovered America.

Because "Indians" weren't here already.....

Only white people are people, right?
Pretty much... yup

haha... just kidding... back then Columbus discovered a land that none of the civilized areas knew about so Columbus discovered America to the people that would "update" it :)

See, this is why they're offended.

They were damn civilized, just because they don't have guns doesn't mean they can't set up a government.

Back